• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young - The Man, The Viper, and The Prosecution aka The MVP aka Ice Trae

NBASupes

• Premium Member

right now, these are the players Trae will end up being mentioned with when his career is all said and done...

Brandon Jennings

Damon Stoudamaire

Stevie Francis

Isaiah Thomas (the new one)

Little guys who came in like a house on fire and then fizzled out after a few years.

• Confused 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

? i guess he like Bey?    I think this is a cya tweet.  Or maybe it was just a personal life issue all along. 

yea must be non basketball related.  No one is tanking God for Sadiq Bey except maybe his parents.

• Premium Member
Just now, akay said:

Odd seeing as how he's already mentioned alongside HoF players every time he breaks a new record or continues to play at a higher level than all the guys you've listed.

the point being taht all those players fell off a cliff after great starts to their career.

Trae is only mentioned alongside HOF players because he plays in the stat stuffing twitter era.

7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Ahhhh maaaaannnn ..... I can't lie, that's funny.  Why can't I figure out who the one wearing #2 is? 

It’s Kawhi baby! That’s awesome :laugh1: Trae don’t pin that label on him, LP wasn’t a head coach and Nate is older than a 🦕 .

• Premium Member
16 hours ago, StonedDogs said:

@akay Yeah Trae is mentioned alongside HoFers but so is Ben Simmons. His first 4 years he's avg a double double in rebs and assists. Next to Magic...

And a healthy and mentally there Ben Simmons IS a HoF level impact player, but stuff happens and your career can be thrown off trajectory.

Nothing has happened with Trae yet that would let me think he's boutta fall off / has peaked

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On 2/17/2023 at 8:39 AM, shakes said:

the point being taht all those players fell off a cliff after great starts to their career.

Trae is only mentioned alongside HOF players because he plays in the stat stuffing twitter era.

But he's already better than all of them, and is in conversations with Isiah Thomas and Steve Nash, why would he out of nowhere drop to Brandon Jennings level?

Just doesn't make sense

18 hours ago, StonedDogs said:

@akay Yeah Trae is mentioned alongside HoFers but so is Ben Simmons. His first 4 years he's avg a double double in rebs and assists. Next to Magic...

While I will say, Trae is on that Marbury brink of respect where people will look at him as a stat and not a star, I will say that Trae at least a healthy player and is very driven to be the best he can

2 hours ago, akay said:

But he's already better than all of them, and is in conversations with Isiah Thomas and Steve Nash, why would he out of nowhere drop to Brandon Jennings level?

Just doesn't make sense

I don't believe he's in the same conversation with Nash and Zeke. Maybe Nash and Curry at the same stage but Nash didn't emerge till he got older and Curry didn't emerge till year 6 as legit superstars. Trae has had a terrific start but so did Marbury. While someone like AHF will shun Iverson, Iverson is seen in a 10x better light than Trae and if you ran a poll, 99% of fans who seen both will choose Iverson as neutral observers. I would chose AI too. He's not spammy. Some of the atg are spammy like Stockton and Malone, especially Malone. But most people don't like spammy guys or guys who they consider non winning stat padders. He's trending closer to IT0 and I am not sure he can be as good as peak IT0. It's possible but that's on Atlanta to put the perfect players around him.

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Indeed, 

Trae is playing better.   We get the harsh criticism game by game.. but he's almost 27/11.

I'm more concerned that he has the label coach killer attached to his name.