• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young - The Man, The Viper, and The Prosecution aka The MVP aka Ice Trae

NBASupes

23 hours ago, ShooterSays said:

This is the defense we need to take that championship leap!

I can assure you Tyler Herro and everyone on the heat have taken notice. He navigated those screens like he had the Cameron Crazies cheering him on in the Elite 8 lol.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

I can assure you Tyler Herro and everyone on the heat have taken notice. He navigated those screens like he knew the refs were scared Cosch K was gonna get them fired if they dare whistle him for a foul in the Elite 8 lol.

Fixed.

Sorry, ACC tournament time so I gotta fixation.  😏

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

What'd he say about Trae?

I thought you had ESPN+ Bird?  I need my Lowe, whoever has it spill it now!

He’s probably highlighting some cuts, subtle off ball actions, and multiple defensive efforts and not believing his eyes like me.  Probably some things your boy Glenn already touched on.  Can’t be anything negative since the change as he’s been mostly excellent.  Trae being a neutral or better pesky defender just makes for a totally different, more sophisticated on court product.

Edited by benhillboy

• Moderators

8. Don't forget Trae Young's passing

Concern over Young and the Atlanta Hawks is not a trumped-up media story. Young has contributed to the departures of two head coaches in two years. Turmoil trickled upward, destabilizing the team's front office.

There have been grumblings -- some public, most private -- that some current and former teammates don't love playing with him. Young dominates the ball, takes the most shots, and gives very little on defense. (He has been friskier under Quin Snyder.) That leaves teammates standing around on offense, and then covering for him on the other end.

He has shown little interest in screening and moving without the ball. The Hawks need Young to engage that part of his game with Dejounte Murray on board. Young could bend and stretch opposing defenses as a roving menace.

Criticism comes with being a franchise player -- Atlanta's forever alternate to Doncic. The team is .500 despite trading all those picks for Murray, with no clear path to cap space.

But the noise sometimes obscures what a brilliant passer Young is. He can make almost any pass from any angle or distance, lefty or righty.

That is a 35-foot left-handed clothesline that flies over Gabe Vincent, Bam Adebayo, Clint Capela, and Max Strus. The last two are standing almost directly in front of Young's target -- John Collins. (The new collective bargaining agreement should include a stipulation granting Collins a 0.5% equity stake in the Hawks if they don't trade him this summer.)

This is an outrageous pass for a 6-1 player. It takes sophisticated floor mapping to know the pass is even there. To imbue it with the right height, distance, and velocity is ridiculous. How many players in league history even near Young's size could throw passes like this regularly?

For the fifth year running, the Hawks offense sinks into an abyss when Young rests. They have never built an identity outside Young's singular style. Is some of that on Young's insistence on playing that style?

In Atlanta's conference finals run, Young showed more willingness to get off the ball early -- to flick the first open pass as help defenders converged. That unlocks more swing-swing sequences, some of which end with the ball coming back to Young for open 3s.

You don't want to tilt Young's game too far in this direction. He is too good with the ball. But more simple passes earlier in possessions boosts the whole ecosystem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, AHF said:

8. Don't forget Trae Young's passing

Concern over Young and the Atlanta Hawks is not a trumped-up media story. Young has contributed to the departures of two head coaches in two years. Turmoil trickled upward, destabilizing the team's front office.

There have been grumblings -- some public, most private -- that some current and former teammates don't love playing with him. Young dominates the ball, takes the most shots, and gives very little on defense. (He has been friskier under Quin Snyder.) That leaves teammates standing around on offense, and then covering for him on the other end.

He has shown little interest in screening and moving without the ball. The Hawks need Young to engage that part of his game with Dejounte Murray on board. Young could bend and stretch opposing defenses as a roving menace.

Criticism comes with being a franchise player -- Atlanta's forever alternate to Doncic. The team is .500 despite trading all those picks for Murray, with no clear path to cap space.

But the noise sometimes obscures what a brilliant passer Young is. He can make almost any pass from any angle or distance, lefty or righty.

That is a 35-foot left-handed clothesline that flies over Gabe Vincent, Bam Adebayo, Clint Capela, and Max Strus. The last two are standing almost directly in front of Young's target -- John Collins. (The new collective bargaining agreement should include a stipulation granting Collins a 0.5% equity stake in the Hawks if they don't trade him this summer.)

This is an outrageous pass for a 6-1 player. It takes sophisticated floor mapping to know the pass is even there. To imbue it with the right height, distance, and velocity is ridiculous. How many players in league history even near Young's size could throw passes like this regularly?

For the fifth year running, the Hawks offense sinks into an abyss when Young rests. They have never built an identity outside Young's singular style. Is some of that on Young's insistence on playing that style?

In Atlanta's conference finals run, Young showed more willingness to get off the ball early -- to flick the first open pass as help defenders converged. That unlocks more swing-swing sequences, some of which end with the ball coming back to Young for open 3s.

You don't want to tilt Young's game too far in this direction. He is too good with the ball. But more simple passes earlier in possessions boosts the whole ecosystem.

Preciate it.  I thought he was gonna highlight the defense, Trae’s passing brilliance is old sh*t lol.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Final_quest said:

I believe in Trae.  Let the haters be the motivators.

image.thumb.png.503e33dcae2102a36b886f796db269ed.png

He's putting up MVP talk worthy numbers.   Not that he's close to MVP.. but his name is going to have to be mentioned in the conversation.  I really hope that he can start next year off this strong. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, Diesel said:

He's putting up MVP talk worthy numbers.   Not that he's close to MVP.. but his name is going to have to be mentioned in the conversation.  I really hope that he can start next year off this strong. 

wtf? 

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, shakes said:

wtf? 

If Trae had these numbers from the beginning, then he would be on that list..  that list where when people talk about the MVP, your name comes up... maybe after Tatum and Luka but he would be on that list. 

Jokic, Giannis and Embiid are on another planet right now.  That's why Trae couldn't be close (even with these numbers) but he would be in the conversation With the second tier of Luka and Tatum.  Hell, they were talking about Ja a minute ago. 

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, Diesel said:

If Trae had these numbers from the beginning, then he would be on that list..  that list where when people talk about the MVP, your name comes up... maybe after Tatum and Luka but he would be on that list. 

Jokic, Giannis and Embiid are on another planet right now.  That's why Trae couldn't be close (even with these numbers) but he would be in the conversation With the second tier of Luka and Tatum.  Hell, they were talking about Ja a minute ago. 

you didn't say that in the post I responded to.   There was no mention of "IF Trae had these numbers all year long".   Kinda makes a big difference.

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

I recall folks saying Snyder's hire could spell doom for Trae in Atlanta.  Smh.  Como se dice, 'wrong'? 

Equivocado.

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

I agree.