• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young - The Man, The Viper, and The Prosecution aka The MVP aka Ice Trae

NBASupes

1 hour ago, shakes said:

you didn't say that in the post I responded to.   There was no mention of "IF Trae had these numbers all year long".   Kinda makes a big difference.

You ain't wrong, but I do think the way he's playing now sets the stage for him to be mentioned next year, provided he plays similarly.  And, of course, assuming we're winning at a higher level.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

You ain't wrong, but I do think the way he's playing now sets the stage for him to be mentioned next year, provided he plays similarly.  And, of course, assuming we're winning at a higher level.  

Send him back to FakeGM. 👋 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, shakes said:

you didn't say that in the post I responded to.   There was no mention of "IF Trae had these numbers all year long".   Kinda makes a big difference.

Yeah, that's why I cleaned it up.   It was my purpose, but didn't come off that way.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Would have to be winning at a MUCH higher level for Trae to be even mentioned with those stats.  Didn't he basically have those same stats last year and barely made 3rd team all NBA?   I think the floor is home court advantage (top 4 in the east) for Trae to get MVP consideration.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shakes said:

Would have to be winning at a MUCH higher level for Trae to be even mentioned with those stats.  Didn't he basically have those same stats last year and barely made 3rd team all NBA?   I think the floor is home court advantage (top 4 in the east) for Trae to get MVP consideration.

This isn't true for some others.  You thinking that's to overcome the 'Trae tax' that gets charged by folks that Judy don't care for him?

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, kg01 said:

This isn't true for some others.  You thinking that's to overcome the 'Trae tax' that gets charged by folks that Judy don't care for him?

you sure about that?   Here are the top 10 in MVP voting last year and their team's finish in the standings...

Jokic = 6th in the west

Embiid = 4th in the East

Giannis = 3rd in the East

Booker = 1st in the West

Doncic = 4th in the East

Tatum = 2nd in East

Warrant = 2nd in West

Steph = 3rd in West

CP3 = 1st in West

10th place is where you see some guys from teams in the play in and worse.

Jokic only player in top 9 who's team wasn't top 4 in the conference.  and we all know how good his other stats are.

1 hour ago, shakes said:

you sure about that?   Here are the top 10 in MVP voting last year and their team's finish in the standings...

Jokic = 6th in the west

Embiid = 4th in the East

Giannis = 3rd in the East

Booker = 1st in the West

Doncic = 4th in the East

Tatum = 2nd in East

Warrant = 2nd in West

Steph = 3rd in West

CP3 = 1st in West

10th place is where you see some guys from teams in the play in and worse.

Jokic only player in top 9 who's team wasn't top 4 in the conference.  and we all know how good his other stats are.

That's how it ended up, sure.  But I'm talking about being 'in the discussion', which includes some guys regardless of winnin'.  Luka this year is a clear example of that.

And, scouts honor, Im not tryna move the goal posts here.  I thought that's what the initial discussion was.

Wait, do you gotta be a scout to have scouts honor? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
11 minutes ago, shakes said:

Cliffnotes?  Highlights?  Lowlights?

nevermind, I put it on in the background while sorting some medical records.    Nothing too exciting in the interview.

• 2 weeks later...

25 & 10 is where he should spend the majority of his prime years, with one season where he averages 30 & 10 and gets MVP consideration.

Hopefully his shooting can get up and stay around 45%, 36%, 90% during his prime as well.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Ok Trae is a comedian :laugh1:

Per KL Chouinard:

I asked AJ Griffin about how he kept TOs low and Trae, standing nearby, deadpanned something like, “I’ve got TOs covered.”

:laugh1::laugh1:

TeamMatEs hATe HiM... 

• Haha 4