• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young - The Man, The Viper, and The Prosecution aka The MVP aka Ice Trae

NBASupes

Winning cures all.

If we were winning while he was playing his best basketball of the season, he would still be disrespected, but it would be a lot less noise.

People don’t like him. That will never change. Just win, and they have a lot less to blame on him.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Winning cures all.

If we were winning while he was playing his best basketball of the season, he would still be disrespected, but it would be a lot less noise.

People don’t like him. That will never change. Just win, and they have a lot less to blame on him.

When we were making our playoff run, the narrative changed with all of them doing their apology tour and talking him up.  Of course, they just waited until we struggled and restarted all of the disrespect but I feel confident a winning Trae would earn people's respect for the most part just because it is undeniable when staring at you in the face like that.  As long as we have debacles like that Knicks game, the Charlotte game, etc. then there is plenty of meat on the bone for people who want to trash the Hawks and Trae in particular.

• Sad 1

• Premium Member
17 hours ago, akay said:

But he's already better than all of them, and is in conversations with Isiah Thomas and Steve Nash, why would he out of nowhere drop to Brandon Jennings level?

Just doesn't make sense

LOL no he's not.

So are you ok with Trae peaking last year and being worse than that from here on out?

On 2/17/2023 at 8:37 AM, akay said:

Odd seeing as how he's already mentioned alongside HoF players every time he breaks a new record or continues to play at a higher level than all the guys you've listed.

What year is Traes career supposed to fizzle out?

Hey, my Bay Area homie, a piece of advice, don’t engage with that nonsense. Dude is a Mavs fan from Realgm. All it goes when you engage is limit the bandwidth we have around here.

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, shakes said:

LOL no he's not.

So are you ok with Trae peaking last year and being worse than that from here on out?

How can you say he peaked last year when he's at 29/10 on 60% TS for the last 25 games WITH the best defense he's played in his life.

It's a benign question not based on reality

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Hey, my Bay Area homie, a piece of advice, don’t engage with that nonsense. Dude is a Mavs fan from Realgm. All it goes when you engage is limit the bandwidth we have around here.

Imma have to respond so that lurkers don't buy the nonsense people be saying 🎅🏽

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
On 2/19/2023 at 3:01 PM, NBASupes said:

I don't believe he's in the same conversation with Nash and Zeke. Maybe Nash and Curry at the same stage but Nash didn't emerge till he got older and Curry didn't emerge till year 6 as legit superstars. Trae has had a terrific start but so did Marbury. While someone like AHF will shun Iverson, Iverson is seen in a 10x better light than Trae and if you ran a poll, 99% of fans who seen both will choose Iverson as neutral observers. I would chose AI too. He's not spammy. Some of the atg are spammy like Stockton and Malone, especially Malone. But most people don't like spammy guys or guys who they consider non winning stat padders. He's trending closer to IT0 and I am not sure he can be as good as peak IT0. It's possible but that's on Atlanta to put the perfect players around him.

Can you explain how AI's non spammy offense can overcome the difference in their efficiency and playmaking abilities?

Trae shooting better from every part of the floor compared to AI + is waaaaaay better in the playmaking department. They're both small guards on defense so the difference on that end can't be that  much in AI's favor, but I never saw AI play so can't say for myself.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, akay said:

Can you explain how AI's non spammy offense can overcome the difference in their efficiency and playmaking abilities?

Trae shooting better from every part of the floor compared to AI + is waaaaaay better in the playmaking department. They're both small guards on defense so the difference on that end can't be that  much in AI's favor, but I never saw AI play so can't say for myself.

It was a different game back then. It was a grinding game. We didn't have metrics back then. That's why people loved Iverson.

Iverson is better on and off the ball. Iverson game would translate easily to this era. 

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It was a different game back then. It was a grinding game. We didn't have metrics back then. That's why people loved Iverson.

Iverson is better on and off the ball. Iverson game would translate easily to this era. 

Ok, let's say Iversons game translates flawlessly and he gets better looks at the rim cause of modern spacing and his TS goes up significantly - How do you overcome the difference in playmaking abilities between Trae and AI?

Trae's bread and butter is spamming the PnR and finding good looks out of that, but he's shown when plays break down he can still find a quality shot for himself or his teammates.

On 2/20/2023 at 10:28 AM, bird_dirt said:

I’m guessing it either had something to do with the KC Chiefs winning the SB, or finally getting his kid to go to sleep. 

I think maybe he was glad he got some time off and didn't have to go to the All Star Weekend, so he could spend some time with the family.

On 2/20/2023 at 10:28 AM, bird_dirt said:

I’m guessing it either had something to do with the KC Chiefs winning the SB, or finally getting his kid to go to sleep. 

Maybe he got early notification that they were going to fire Nate during the break.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/20/2023 at 6:55 AM, Spud2nique said:

I BROUGHT ALL MY GUNS TO WORK…

GIL

BERT

ARENAS!! Agreed!

According to Arenas, the only explanation is the players must be on drugs. 

“NBA listen, there was a vote on players ranking other players on the East and West and the players ranked Trae Young 12. Now what I want you to do is drug test them ASAP; I'm not talking about weed; I'm talking about the good stuff. All the players that voted Trae Young 12th, you need to put them in rehab; they need a two-year suspension because they are not right," he said.

More from Gil, this cat is awesome I wanna kick it with homie. :laugh1:

Puttin the pressure on snake 🐍 

NBA great Gilbert Arenas believes Kevin Durant is facing more pressure with the Suns then he has his entire career. On Fubo Sports’ “No Chill with Gilbert Arenas” this week, the former All-Star claimed that if the Suns don’t win the 2023 NBA Finals, it will undoubtedly be the “biggest failure” of Durant’s career. “Chip, chip with the dip,” Arenas said when asked about the Suns’ odds of winning the championship. “I don’t even know why we’re playing. This is not even a question. You have [Durant and Devin Booker] that’s capable of 50, 60, 70 [points]. Both half-court players. Both mid-range players. Both players you can’t actually play one-on-one, they’ll eat you alive.”

via New York Post

If Trae and the Hawks put it all together I hope everyone is here for the apology.  Didn’t see any apologies for the premature coronation of Reddish and other bad takes, but a lot of insults thrown out when Hawksquawk “experts” disagree with mere average fans.  I see tons of reasons to be humbled but not much in the way of actual humility.  
I can tell you I’ve tuned out a lot of the hubris because it seems like some people believe big talk and bravado is what “earns” respect.  
On the other hand Trae has got to deliver team results if he keeps getting his way.  We can’t stay in the Play In tier for too much longer.    

• Like 2

• Premium Member
38 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

On the other hand Trae has got to deliver team results if he keeps getting his way.  We can’t stay in the Play In tier for too much longer.    

This.  But some of that responsibility falls on the owners in making sure the team is 'well stocked'