• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young - The Man, The Viper, and The Prosecution aka The MVP aka Ice Trae

NBASupes

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I want to say this again because it's difficult for people to get their brains around for some reason.  There is a difference between a player that can't shoot and a player that simply shoots poorly.  The reason why a player can't shoot is simple: it's because he can't f'n shoot the ball.  There are reasons why a player shoots poorly and a lot of them are legitimate AND correctable.

Last night's game winner was a 30 foot bomb, with the game on the line, and a player flying at him.  The other night Trae hit a step back, fadeaway 3 with Al Horford flying at him.  We routinely see him draining logo 3's, sometimes with a hand in his face.  The problem isn't his shot.  The problem is his shot selection - and the fact that he doesn't have the luxury of shooting uncontested.

Better shot selection, getting him open, and/or having someone on the floor that can stretch defenders away from him would change his numbers dramatically.

• Like 4

On 4/14/2023 at 3:23 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

I've been saying this since forever.  The 30 ft three does not bother me, because he shoots a higher percentage on that shot, than 3 point shots right at the line.  He's been shooting deep 3s all his life.  As long as he's squared up to the basket, I have no issue with that shot.

💣

• Like 4

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I've been saying this since forever.  The 30 ft three does not bother me, because he shoots a higher percentage on that shot, than 3 point shots right at the line.  He's been shooting deep 3s all his life.  As long as he's squared up to the basket, I have no issue with that shot.

💣

It doesn't bother me as long as he has space to get it off.  And by space, I don't mean creating a couple of feet with a step-back 😬 I actually hate that shot.  Wide open, that's as good as any 3 pointer for him.

• Like 1

In addition to the relatively high percentage on his long distance shots, it gives other advantages in his floor game.  He talked about his decision making with Jaylen Brown.  If he would have come up to take that shot away, Trae would have blown right by him to get in the paint for a bucket.  

Q: How does he get in the paint with so much regularity?
A: Defenders come out to guard him 30 feet out. 

Fans say, "I wish he would stop taking those crazy bombs and take more floaters and get his teammates easy shots."  This is part of what gets him in the lane to generate ALLLLLLL of the stuff you want him to do. 

I could say the same thing about turnovers.  They tell him to attack and keep defenses on their heels.  I'd rather have Trae in the teeth of the defense making a play with the risk of a turnover. 

My point is you don't get the goodies without risk and there's always a price to pay when you risk as much as Trae does.   

• Like 3