Divencienzo .057

Jevon Carter .055

Kevin Huerter .046

De’Anthony Melton .045

Edited by benhillboy
  • Confused 1

• Premium Member
22 hours ago, Wretch said:

It doesn't bother me as long as he has space to get it off.  And by space, I don't mean creating a couple of feet with a step-back 😬 I actually hate that shot.  Wide open, that's as good as any 3 pointer for him.

I think the step back 3 is the biggest reason the game has deteriorated as much as it has.   

I want to throw my remote through the TV every time this scenario happens:

-shooter pump fakes a 3

-defender falls for pump fake and jumps past shooter and out of position leaving a lane to the basket wide open

-shooter fakes that he's going to drive that wide open lane

-shooter steps back and to the left or right and takes a usually off balance 3 with feet in terrible position

I don't care what any idiot says, that is NOT good basketball.    an off balance step back 3 is not a better shot than a wide open layup or dunk.  And a wide open layup or dunk is what you'll often get if you pump fake your defender into the front row and you take that lane and attack the basket.  Defense now has to shift to you which will always leave a big open at the rim.   It's called basketball 101 and the entire NBA needs to take the class. 

On 4/28/2023 at 6:01 AM, benhillboy said:

Guard Draft Class of ‘18 Career Playoff Win Shares Per 48:

Luka .141

Brunson .129

Bruce Brown .102

Mikal Bridges .101

SGA .096

Shake Milton .076

Grayson Allen .072

Trae .057

Divencienzo .057

Jevon Carter .055

Kevin Huerter .046

De’Anthony Melton .045

I didn't see your answer in the other thread.  If you answered, I apologize.

Who do you want to trade Trae for?  Grayson Allen has a higher playoff ws/48 than Trae, so maybe we can keep Murray, and trade Trae for Allen, and a few fillers.  How about this one?

image.thumb.png.c7eb611fc5fba4f726157026739ab235.png

We get a shooter who is a better playoff peformer than Trae according to ws/48, and we get 2 bigs that shoot and play defense.

Pay Hollinger's Analysis no mind.

• Haha 3

On 4/28/2023 at 6:01 AM, benhillboy said:

Guard Draft Class of ‘18 Career Playoff Win Shares Per 48:

Luka .141

Brunson .129

Bruce Brown .102

Mikal Bridges .101

SGA .096

Shake Milton .076

Grayson Allen .072

Trae .057

Divencienzo .057

Jevon Carter .055

Kevin Huerter .046

De’Anthony Melton .045

Matter of fact, let me play around with this. Let's see if I can find the best deal in a Trae trade

Luka

image.thumb.png.b773a3b66941cecd48e5a32773fcb4f1.png

Brunson

image.thumb.png.33d533c0161e3f6a6589ca615ff42d7c.png

Bruce Brown

Can't be traded until late June

Mikal Bridges

image.thumb.png.02679021770550349a89324e4f63fadf.png

SGA

Shake Milton

Interesting.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Matter of fact, let me play around with this. Let's see if I can find the best deal in a Trae trade

Luka

image.thumb.png.b773a3b66941cecd48e5a32773fcb4f1.png

Brunson

image.thumb.png.33d533c0161e3f6a6589ca615ff42d7c.png

Bruce Brown

Mikal Bridges

image.thumb.png.02679021770550349a89324e4f63fadf.png

SGA

Shake Milton

Interesting.

Yeah, yeah you made the salaries match... But obviously we will need to throw in some picks too. Even Grayson Allen has 50% MORE impact on the game. 2 first rounders to make it even Steven?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

Yeah, yeah you made the salaries match... But obviously we will need to throw in some picks too. Even Grayson Allen has 50% MORE impact on the game. 2 first rounders to make it even Steven?

You guys are crazy ............ Jevon Carter for Trae is a much more even swap.   Lookit tha numbers.

Am I reading that right, @benhillboy.  I mean, the numbers say we make out like bandits on that swap.  I mean it's literally called "win shares", so swap out Trae for Carter and our record shouldn't even change.  That's how it works, right?  

Edited by kg01
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, kg01 said:

"Bu-all Trae do is flop!" - Dumbarse fans 

I actually think part of the decline in Trae's numbers this past year is how he is "officiated".  Not the whole story, but a factor in his reduced fg% and higher turnovers.  

He's in a tough position.  If he doesn't sell the call he's less likely to get the call, selling the call means he is less likely to complete a pass or make a shot.  BUT the same thing would happen if he plays through contact, he's also less likely to get a clean shot or get the ball to a teammate.  

How many times do we see Trae take a jumper while getting run into?  Then he doesn't hear a whistle and makes a desperation pass that isn't always completed.  Compare how he is called to any number of guys the league considers to be actual "stars".  Since Trae is considered a wanna be, he is fair game for holds, hacks, and grabs.  

He actually makes poor decisions at times and has to own those mistakes, but he is also regularly put in lose lose situations with regards to contact.  His other option is to play without aggression, and I think that would lead to much worse results.  

• Like 2

For the Trae Young Stans like myself, I thought I’d forward his Wilson ball 🏀’s being on sale. I’m kinda torn though if I actually got one I wouldn’t play with it but would rather have it signed or just sittin up in my room like Brandy aka the boy is mine.. 

Nice balls indeed. Trae really got balls 🏀 too if you think about it 🥜 #deez

IMG_7362.png

IMG_7361.png

27 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

For the Trae Young Stans like myself, I thought I’d forward his Wilson ball 🏀’s being on sale. I’m kinda torn though if I actually got one I wouldn’t play with it but would rather have it signed or just sittin up in my room like Brandy aka the boy is mine.. 

Nice balls indeed. Trae really got balls 🏀 too if you think about it 🥜 #deez

IMG_7362.png

IMG_7361.png

Hey let's get a couple as a peace offering for ol' @shakes.  Lord knows he needs some ba... ah, too easy, nevermind.  😄

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Hey let's get a couple as a peace offering for ol' @shakes.  Lord knows he needs some ba... ah, too easy, nevermind.  😄

He’s a wannabe Stan. I am such a welcoming person that I even didn’t mind the waves of Trae Stan’s coming in as Hawks fans but I’m not sure Shakes is even a stan of Trae, for all I know he’s Texaschick:laugh1:

I like that Wilson platinum ball peep that @kg01.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

One of these things is not like the other.  If the other team can't play Trae 3 on 1, Trae does pretty well in the playoffs.  Also, Play In stats don't count for the playoffs.  He basically has killed Play In games as well.  

image.png.8fd086d03818527791c6392d9ac84be5.png

They had a completely busted team against the Heat.  Let's not mention that series with any relevance again.

The biggest setback for Atlanta was Clint Capela sustaining a knee sprain in the play-in game Friday. Capela is expected to miss at least a week, which is likely taking him out for at last two or three games in this series. The Hawks are already without John Collins, who is batting a finger and foot issue. Look for Onyeka Okongwu to be Atlanta’s top center, with Gorgui Dieng and Danillo Gallinari filling in as needed. The Hawks are also going to likely be without Lou Williams, although they have enough guards to overcome his absence.

Bogdan Bogdanovic has played through some knee pain, but his status is worth monitoring. The guard plays hard on both ends of the floor and is capable of scoring in bunches. More importantly, he takes a lot of pressure off Trae Young. Bogdanovic is expected to be available, but any absence would thrust Kevin Huerter into a much bigger offensive role.

• Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

One of these things is not like the other.  If the other team can't play Trae 3 on 1, Trae does pretty well in the playoffs.  Also, Play In stats don't count for the playoffs.  He basically has killed Play In games as well.  

image.png.8fd086d03818527791c6392d9ac84be5.png

They had a completely busted team against the Heat.  Let's not mention that series with any relevance again.

The biggest setback for Atlanta was Clint Capela sustaining a knee sprain in the play-in game Friday. Capela is expected to miss at least a week, which is likely taking him out for at last two or three games in this series. The Hawks are already without John Collins, who is batting a finger and foot issue. Look for Onyeka Okongwu to be Atlanta’s top center, with Gorgui Dieng and Danillo Gallinari filling in as needed. The Hawks are also going to likely be without Lou Williams, although they have enough guards to overcome his absence.

Bogdan Bogdanovic has played through some knee pain, but his status is worth monitoring. The guard plays hard on both ends of the floor and is capable of scoring in bunches. More importantly, he takes a lot of pressure off Trae Young. Bogdanovic is expected to be available, but any absence would thrust Kevin Huerter into a much bigger offensive role.

"Just 2 fluke years outta 3?" - EgGsPErTs 

• Haha 2