• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young - The Man, The Viper, and The Prosecution aka The MVP aka Ice Trae

NBASupes

• Moderators
On 2/20/2023 at 8:02 PM, akay said:

Can you explain how AI's non spammy offense can overcome the difference in their efficiency and playmaking abilities?

Trae shooting better from every part of the floor compared to AI + is waaaaaay better in the playmaking department. They're both small guards on defense so the difference on that end can't be that  much in AI's favor, but I never saw AI play so can't say for myself.

From someone who watches both of them, you take Trae all day long.  AI was a volume chucker.  He was below average efficiency for his era even though the illegal defense rules helped him get more one on one matchups than he would get today.  He was never a good perimeter shooter so the 3pt line would not be his friend today.  Heck, he played most of his career (his last 8 years) in the current era and never learned to shoot the 3.  

He was loved because people still looked at PPG  without really factoring in scoring efficiency then and he was a warrior on the court who left everything he had on the floor.  He can thank Larry Brown and a bunch of standout defenders for getting him to the finals.  No team with that bad of an offense should make the finals but with Deke et al they could get by with an ugly offense that was all about Iverson chucking.  You don’t win a ring with that kind of inefficiency but just making the finals was a testament to Brown’s genius, imo. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, warcore said:

Not clicking/watching it you'll have to give us cliff notes. This guy is known to have an agenda and has been anti-Trae since the beginning. There's no substance in his videos -- just drama and ads. 

I watched the first 3 minutes of it.  He's taking things out of context and lazily drawing correlations between things that are not related.  There's no substance.  It's just drama and ads.

• Thanks 4

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Can always count on Wretch takin' one for the team.

@Spud2nique,your thoughts? 

No, hewwwwlll nah, that foo has been talkin Hawks crap for years he’s a warrior fan and my friend follows him and he sent me a lazy article about how Gallo and Bogi were crappy signing for the Hawks. Ever since then I have talked to my friend twice when we used to talk all the time. Hate dudes face. I don’t even care what he says or thinks. 2 bit HACK! 

9 minutes ago, Wretch said:

I watched the first 3 minutes of it.  He's taking things out of context and lazily drawing correlations between things that are not related.  There's no substance.  It's just drama and ads.

He’s a an idiot wrapped in a moron. Whoever brought him here needs to be spanked…. Kg handles that department.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

Here's some first hand info.   And confirms a couple things we all know.  That Trae's rep is largely undeserved and LP was a jerk

The relentless mob that comes after him will only change their talk when we start winning.  It happened during the ECF run.  They said he stopped chucking and got teammates involved.  That he matured and that Nate got him to play team ball.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Check out Trae's actual stats during the 2021 playoffs when he got the most positive press of his career:

image.thumb.png.2d97a2ce929aa55bc9343273d864c97f.png

Looks very much like his first 25 games this year when the media, and a good number of Hawks fans, turned on him.  

Can you think of a reason why comparing playoff stats to beginning of the regular season stats might not be comparable in any way?       Cause I sure can.

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Check out Trae's actual stats during the 2021 playoffs when he got the most positive press of his career:

image.thumb.png.2d97a2ce929aa55bc9343273d864c97f.png

Looks very much like his first 25 games this year when the media, and a good number of Hawks fans, turned on him.  

Honestly there were still plenty of people pointing out that he wasn't shooting well in the playoffs but the heroics just became too much for critics to overcome. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, shakes said:

Can you think of a reason why comparing playoff stats to beginning of the regular season stats might not be comparable in any way?       Cause I sure can.

Of course, my main point is the media gave him acclaim for playing his normal style.  His stats were comparable to one of his worst stretches as a pro, but he still got praised as if he had elevated his game into "the zone".  The difference wasn't his play it was the team result while everyone watched.  

If we win, Trae will get acclaim again.