Trae Young - The Man, The Viper, and The Prosecution aka The MVP aka Ice Trae

NBASupes

43 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

Trae has had a pretty rough year by his standards. He has good counting stats but he has basically been a chucker from an efficiency perspective. (until recently) Also, the team is performing way under everyone's expectations after making a blockbuster trade. 

Last year Trae ranked #3 in player vote so I don't think they have some big vendetta against him.

If you want to talk about someone being disrespected, look at DJM who ranked in the mid 20s this year when he was like #6 in the west last year. 

Exactly. Look at the players ranked ahead or DJ and tell me that isn’t straight up disrespect. Even worse than Trae. 

• Like 3

If you’re outside the household names, this is a very “what have you done for me lately?” league. Sacramento is good, as well as new and exciting so they’re getting some love. 

We are just underwhelming and not exciting this year, and that’s showing up in fan voting. Doesn’t matter what kind of numbers Trae is putting up. We aren’t the only ones. I know KAT has been mostly injured but he dropped huge this year. 

• Premium Member
45 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

When it’s all said and done, if he stays healthy, I think Trae will be the assist king when he retires. 🙏🏿 keep healthy young man you’re a joy to watch! #dimestarboy

Let's say he plays every game the rest of the year and keeps his average, he'll be around 3300 assists.  Stockton had 15,800.  Let's say Trae keeps his average of 10 assists per game and manages to play 75 games per year.  that's 750 assists per year,  He would need to play 17 more seasons and keep those numbers up to catch Stock at the ripe young age of 41.

In other words, does someone want to hand Spud a calculator that isn't set to "delusional homer" so he can redo his math?  😭

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, shakes said:

Let's say he plays every game the rest of the year and keeps his average, he'll be around 3300 assists.  Stockton had 15,800.  Let's say Trae keeps his average of 10 assists per game and manages to play 75 games per year.  that's 750 assists per year,  He would need to play 17 more seasons and keep those numbers up to catch Stock at the ripe young age of 41.

In other words, does someone want to hand Spud a calculator that isn't set to "delusional homer" so he can redo his math?  😭

Yeah it's unlikely for sure but it's not that far fetched.  You're saying if Trae keeps on the same number of assists as he's on and plays to the same age Stockton did then he'll pass him.    But Stockton also had a bunch of seasons in the middle of his career (the phase Trae is entering now) where he had 1000 assists+/year.   Trae could do that too if we have a team with a lot of other scorers.   

I think it's unlikely though because Trae is much more of a scorer than Stockton so i doubt he becomes that always passing PG. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

Yeah it's unlikely for sure but it's not that far fetched.  You're saying if Trae keeps on the same number of assists as he's on and plays to the same age Stockton did then he'll pass him.    But Stockton also had a bunch of seasons in the middle of his career (the phase Trae is entering now) where he had 1000 assists+/year.   Trae could do that too if we have a team with a lot of other scorers.   

I think it's unlikely though because Trae is much more of a scorer than Stockton so i doubt he becomes that always passing PG. 

It's also far fetched that Trae will average 75 games played per season through the age of 41.   Not to mention how far fetched it is that he will even play to age 41.    So I would say its completely far fetched to think Trae even has a snowball's chance in hell of getting close to Stockton.     It's one of the most unattainable records in all of sports.  No one is catchign Stockton.   Heck, he's 3800 assist up on second place!

Stock played 19 seasons and played 82 games in 16 of them!   His last 4 seasons in the NBA he didn't miss a single game.

C'mon its an insult to general logic to even entertain the idea that Trae or anyone these days has even a 1% chance of catching Stockton.  

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, shakes said:

It's also far fetched that Trae will average 75 games played per season through the age of 41.   Not to mention how far fetched it is that he will even play to age 41.    So I would say its completely far fetched to think Trae even has a snowball's chance in hell of getting close to Stockton.     It's one of the most unattainable records in all of sports.  No one is catchign Stockton.   Heck, he's 3800 assist up on second place!

Stock played 19 seasons and played 82 games in 16 of them!   His last 4 seasons in the NBA he didn't miss a single game.

C'mon its an insult to general logic to even entertain the idea that Trae or anyone these days has even a 1% chance of catching Stockton.  

dumb-and-dumber-jimcarrey.gif

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, shakes said:

Pish posh.  It's not about the maths.

It's about whether or not we can dig up the UTA statistician that gave Stockton an assist after he passed the ball to Hornacek on a Tuesday but he didn't hit the shot until Wednesday. 

Edited by kg01
  • Haha 4

I don’t raise my eyebrows at a lot of these “All Time” lists with volume scoring and stat padding being so saturated now but that’s a serious distinction with only LeBron in that class of youngest to those marks.  I’ll likely never like Trae yet I’d be an asshat to ignore how phenomenal this mark and leading the league in points and assists last season is/ was.

Trae has 45 blocks in his career.  It shouldn’t be hard for someone to do a highlight video of all of them to see which one was the best.  Where’s his score-keeper home-cooking on the block stats lol.

Edited by benhillboy