• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

More than anyone on this squad, Cam Reddish is really starting to piss me off

NBASupes

• Admin

I think he needs to go down to the G-League and work on his shooting and confidence.  He has been beyond horrible on the offensive end.  The skills are there but the finishing is not ... going down to the G-league where there is no pressure might be the right thing to help him get better prepared for playing in the NBA.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

No offense to Cam, but I doubt he would have hit that tough 3 from the corner, or the game tying 2 off the window that Kevin both hit. 

You shouldn't doubt when he has done it in college. I posted a stat about how clutch Cam is. 

25 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

I think he needs to go down to the G-League and work on his shooting and confidence.  He has been beyond horrible on the offensive end.  The skills are there but the finishing is not ... going down to the G-league where there is no pressure might be the right thing to help him get better prepared for playing in the NBA.  

He just needs to let em fly. That's just his game. Why change your game in the NBA. I've spoken to guys who legit said he is our 3rd or 4th best shooter behind Kev and Trae and is tied with Vince. But of those guys, he is the only one that's gun shy. Vince is shooting 17% at 8.5 3s a game. Cam offensive confidence in his shot does look shattered at this time. Hard to say otherwise.

I am not sold on this idea for the G-League but he needs to get mentally comfortable playing his game. Playing a game that a DeAndre' Bembry is more inclined to play screams offensive bust to me for Cam. He won't be a good finisher for at least another two seasons and that's just being wishful. The G-league can't change that. I think his naysayers who are Hawks fans are further on their solution than they think.

Edited by NBASupes

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

You shouldn't doubt when he has done it in college. I posted a stat about how clutch Cam is. 

If I recall, the stat showed a huge jump in clutch minutes but was a pretty small sample size of like 30 some attempts.  

• Like 1

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The eye test showed just as favorable as the data.

When you are talking eye test, are you saying that you see a change in his shooting form late in games?  There is no doubt he hit a much higher %, it is just that sometimes there is noise in those types of numbers.  MLB statistical analysis has pretty much shown most of the "clutch" player narratives to be myths in that sport.  Guys who make big plays tend to have those stand out in our memories much more for their entire careers even when the larger data shows a different story because the outs or misses don't make the same impression.  A single season of data doesn't give us much to work with.

I hope Cam does shoot better in big situations for his career but I'll take Kevin shooting those shots today because he is just a much better shooter at this point in their careers.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AHF said:

When you are talking eye test, are you saying that you see a change in his shooting form late in games?  There is no doubt he hit a much higher %, it is just that sometimes there is noise in those types of numbers.  MLB statistical analysis has pretty much shown most of the "clutch" player narratives to be myths in that sport.  Guys who make big plays tend to have those stand out in our memories much more for their entire careers even when the larger data shows a different story because the outs or misses don't make the same impression.  A single season of data doesn't give us much to work with.

I hope Cam does shoot better in big situations for his career but I'll take Kevin shooting those shots today because he is just a much better shooter at this point in their careers.

I'll take Kevin over him too as Kev has shown his is clutch and he can really shoot it at a NBA level. I didn't know know anyone made the direct comparison. I just know that Cam too has shown to be  clutch in college and in his prep days.

6 minutes ago, terrell said:

No pressure for the 10th pick playing in the Gleague? Really? YOu struggle there, and it might be game over..Talk about pressing...And those players would come at him hard, knowing he was just drafted 10th overall..No way IM sending him down there...Hawks have all summer to work with Cam. He should be healthy, as opposed to last summer when he couldnt do anything....THis season has basically been his SL..

That's my biggest worry as well. The worse case scenario. I'll rather just keep him at limited minutes like he had v. Portland and work him into building more confidence to let it fly. 

It's too early for the G-League for a lottery pick unless he is all around useless which Cam isn't 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, bleachkit said:

No offense to Cam, but I doubt he would have hit that tough 3 from the corner, or the game tying 2 off the window that Kevin both hit. 

Neither would have Kevin at this point last year when he was a rookie

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, AHF said:

Simplify his offensive responsibilities and set him up for success in that limited role and then build from there.

Ya this. I like this. It’s the best way for a Cam type to get off. He has the capabilities of being a 5 tool guy (in the future) and we are making him show all those tools 🧰 early on. Why? It’s a marathon.

Strictly run him off hard screen and free him up for catch and shoots without hesitation. Like the Bucks used to run for Ray Allen back in the day. He see’s a couple of those go in and then he can bring the other skill sets along slowly.

• Like 2

• Admin
2 hours ago, terrell said:

No pressure for the 10th pick playing in the Gleague? Really? YOu struggle there, and it might be game over..Talk about pressing...And those players would come at him hard, knowing he was just drafted 10th overall..No way IM sending him down there...Hawks have all summer to work with Cam. He should be healthy, as opposed to last summer when he couldnt do anything....THis season has basically been his SL..

That is the point of the GLeague ... its to work on your game and hone your skills.  If he can't hack it there then he is not NBA material.  The reason we have a GLeague team is to develop our players ... its not an insult to be sent down there to learn how to play.  

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

That is the point of the GLeague ... its to work on your game and hone your skills.  If he can't hack it there then he is not NBA material.  The reason we have a GLeague team is to develop our players ... its not an insult to be sent down there to learn how to play.  

Yeah, some of us got sent to g-league for posters (aka realgm) and it made us better.  Well, most of us. 🙄

Seriously though, I wouldn't necessarily be concerned if he struggled in the GL.  Could be they say go down there and just work on facilitating.  Or go there and just work on midrange or just on 3's or w/e.  Just looking at raw stats won't necessarily tell the tale.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Yeah, some of us got sent to g-league for posters (aka realgm) and it made us better.  Well, most of us. 🙄

Seriously though, I wouldn't necessarily be concerned if he struggled in the GL.  Could be they say go down there and just work on facilitating.  Or go there and just work on midrange or just on 3's or w/e.  Just looking at raw stats won't necessarily tell the tale.

Speak for yourself and Spudlus :laugh1: 

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Depends on the player and their status. The Knicks were never going to sent THJ to the G league but we traded for him so we didn't view him like that so we sent him. 

Generally speaking, you send a top 10 pick to the g league, it's admitting failure especially in year 1 unless you are an established team like Toronto or Boston. But when top 10 picks go to the G-League, it's admitting to instant failure. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

He’s pressing, but he has only played 8 NBA games. I think between Collins being out and him being one of our players playing “PG” with Trae and Turner out, he’s just trying way too hard. Hunter is a lot older and makes rookie mistakes, but he’s doing a great job of playing within the flow of the game. Reddish has at times, and that is when he’s effective.