• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Bucks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, LK6969 said:

And if LP brilliantly decides to start DJONES again at Center tonight? Then what? If DJONES gets more than 10 minutes this game, hawks will lose. point blank. 

So who's fault is it? Djones? Who just doesn't have the talent? or the Coach LP?

LP has two options at starting center. Bruno (my preference and have been asking for this for 5+ games now. And it is GLARINGLY obvious) or Len.

It CANNOT be Djones. If it is DJONES tonight it means LP is literally a dunce and probably the most clueless HC we've had in Atlanta. That's saying a lot. (WOODY NO GOODY anyone?)

Oh well. Uh...go Hawks? I guess?  

We put up with Jones' awful rebounding because he is our most productive center on offense by a pretty wide margin. We can trade offense for defense by playing Len or Fernando Jones' minutes but I'm not sure the tradoff would be this great net positive like most are expecting. Fernando and Len aren't exactly gobblinb up the boards themselves. 

26 minutes ago, turnermx said:

Glad you are safe brutha Spud! That is a scary moment.. something similar happened to me when I was driving early morning in a rare Dallas ice storm and hit black ice on a bridge. Guard rail only thing kept me from flipping over on an embankment.😬

Thanks. Oh man. Yours was definitely worse it sounds. Ice is scary. Just the few seconds with no control is the scary part, ya or all of it. Lol. Stay safe.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Hawks had 8 blocks and 4 steals to Milwaukee 2 blocks and 3 steals. 

I question this part in real life 😆.

Nice work Supes. Your quarter length at 6 min per? Low scoring game. Trae dimes were low but I can see you went iso Cam like iso Joe. 😊 Dominant 37 I dig. Hoping this is the outcome tonight!

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I question this part in real life 😆.

Nice work Supes. Your quarter length at 6 min per? Low scoring game. Trae dimes were low but I can see you went iso Cam like iso Joe. 😊 Dominant 37 I dig. Hoping this is the outcome tonight!

Really it was Milwaukee defense. They left Dante and Korver on an island. I just beat them off the dribble at will. Unlike in real life, Lopez respected Jones at the 3pt line and I just drove at will. Cam had some issues finishing but when you get dunks like he does, it's easy. His speed for his height and length is insane

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Nice. Safe travels lw3 and the rest of the squawkers. I went to a Friendsgiving tonight and it was raining and my car spun out of control basically doing a 210 degree donut 🍩. Almost hit some railings and hit some crazy bushes. That was freaky. 

Be safe everyone! Happy Thanksgiving. 🍁 Go Hawks!

Yo Spudz glad you're good. Had that happen to me awhile back during some ice On the very tip top bridge Of spaghetti junction, spun Around and almost smashed into the wall. Crazy losing control like that. Mighta pooped a little?

anyways I have no great hopes for this one, mostly just watching for Trae and to see if Hunter or cam shows up. Don't care if we win or lose I just want to see signs of improvement and no blow out.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, LamarHampton said:

Yo Spudz glad you're good. Had that happen to me awhile back during some ice On the very tip top bridge Of spaghetti junction, spun Around and almost smashed into the wall. Crazy losing control like that. Mighta pooped a little?

anyways I have no great hopes for this one, mostly just watching for Trae and to see if Hunter or cam shows up. Don't care if we win or lose I just want to see signs of improvement and no blow out.

The difference was you almost pooped. Lol. Have a great thanksgiving bro thanks! 

I’m not expecting a win tonight but with Trae, if we win I’m not super surprised. We need a W! Progress!

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, turnermx said:

if he actually DID have 37, I think it would be in a blowout of the Bucks by the Hawks 😁

😆 ya the Hawks usually win for me and I try to get Trae to get 20 dimes 😂 I usually get about 9-12 which is real life like. If Trae dimes and people finish, we have a chance. Oh and D up 😆 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Just finish playing this game in 2k. 6 min qts. HAWKS WON! 77-71

Hawks 23 rebounds to Milwaukee 37.

Hawks shot 4/10 from 3 while Milwaukee shot 4/17.

Hawks was 15/16 from the charity stripe to Milwaukee 5/6.

Hawks 21 assists to Milwaukee 12.

Hawks had 8 blocks and 4 steals to Milwaukee 2 blocks and 3 steals. 

Milwaukee had 8 dunks, mainly Bledsoe and Giannis to Atlanta 7. 

Hawks biggest lead was by 14 and Milwaukee by 1 and the Hawks blew the lead in the 4th.

Milwaukee got 17 bench points to Atlanta 8.

Milwaukee had 11 2nd chance points, Atlanta 0. 

Both teams had 10 team fouls. 

Hawks capitalize off turnovers with 10 points to Milwaukee 2.

Reddish led all teams with 37, 2, and 2 steals in 17 mins +12

Trae had 20, 2, and 5 asts in 17 mins +9

Hunter had 8, 3, and 3 in 17 mins +1

Bruno had 5, 4 and 2 blocks in 8 mins +5

Giannis had 26, 15 and 4 in 18 mins -4

Bledsoe had 14 3 and 2 in 17 mins -1

Go Hawks!

Image result for omar epps gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

We put up with Jones' awful rebounding because he is our most productive center on offense by a pretty wide margin. We can trade offense for defense by playing Len or Fernando Jones' minutes but I'm not sure the tradoff would be this great net positive like most are expecting. Fernando and Len aren't exactly gobblinb up the boards themselves. 

We don't really have a problem with offense too much this season. (Esp with trae playing 35+ mins)

We need defense at the center, and rebounding. ANY upgrade at that spot from Djones is a net positive. That's either Bruno or Len.

Yet....here we go. Djones is starting at C.

Hawks gonna get killed on the Boards again and lose again.

But hey...we are gonna get a high(ish) draft pick right?

BTW, tanking isn't good anymore so...what are we doing exactly?
Sheesh. So angry. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I think if Huerter was playing where we can generate more offense in the starting lineup vs Reddish who isn't scoring the Len would be starting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jones is good at catching lobs from Trae.  What else does he do offensively?   Does he pass well out of the post?  Does he get offensive boards and put them back in the hole?  Is he the best screen setter on the team?  Jones' offensive rating is so good, because he doesn't turn the ball over . . mainly because the only offensive move he has, is catching lobs, and making a 3 every 7 games.  Outside of that, he provides nothing offensively.

Among the centers:

Points per 36 minutes:

• Bruno:  13.5 pts
  • Jones:  13.5 pts
  • Len:  12.9 pts

Offensive rebounds per 36 minutes:

• Bruno:  3.2
  • Jones:  2.9
  • Len:  2.9

Assists per 36 minutes:

• Bruno:  3.0 asst
  • Len:  2.1 asst
  • Jones:  1.5 asst

Points created from assists:

• Bruno: 43 points
  • Len: 38 points
  • Jones:  27 points

Turnovers per 36 minutes:

• Jones:  1.3 TOs
  • Len:  2.4 TOs
  • Bruno:  2.7 TOs

4 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Jones is good at catching lobs from Trae.  What else does he do offensively?   Does he pass well out of the post?  Does he get offensive boards and put them back in the hole?  Is he the best screen setter on the team?  Jones' offensive rating is so good, because he doesn't turn the ball over . . mainly because the only offensive move he has, is catching lobs, and making a 3 every 7 games.  Outside of that, he provides nothing offensively.

Among the centers:

Points per 36 minutes:

• Bruno:  13.5 pts
  • Jones:  13.5 pts
  • Len:  12.9 pts

Offensive rebounds per 36 minutes:

• Bruno:  3.2
  • Jones:  2.9
  • Len:  2.9

Assists per 36 minutes:

• Bruno:  3.0 asst
  • Len:  2.1 asst
  • Jones:  1.5 asst

Points created from assists:

• Bruno: 43 points
  • Len: 38 points
  • Jones:  27 points

Turnovers per 36 minutes:

• Jones:  1.3 TOs
  • Len:  2.4 TOs
  • Bruno:  2.7 TOs

Defensive rebounds per game for all 3? I bet DJones is at the bottom lol.