• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Collins ain't fixing this

NBASupes

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Looking like NostrodaSpud after last night.

Haha. Ya I love taking pro Hawks bet and am usually an optimistic. We looked good on paper. We don’t look good on the court. I couldn’t take this bet. I’m looking forward to putting my avatar on the line though many more times God willing. Onward and upward I guess. 

4 hours ago, Sothron said:

Were they actually worse than this team on defense? What's our defense averaging now, 120 a game?

Not sure I just did it based on my level of disgust 😂. I mean I used to go to DC bars in 2000 really excited for a good Hawk performance and come outta there an angry 😡 drunk. 

I know we were bad in 2004-2006 as well with that 13 win season but that was Smoove’s rookie year. The dude actually played hella good D. To be honest Soth I don’t know if we gave up 120 a night but I didn’t feel good in 2000, 2004-06, and now...and a lot in between. 😢 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

• Premium Member
38 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Not sure I just did it based on my level of disgust 😂. I mean I used to go to DC bars in 2000 really excited for a good Hawk performance and come outta there an angry 😡 drunk. 

I know we were bad in 2004-2006 as well with that 13 win season but that was Smoove’s rookie year. The dude actually played hella good D. To be honest Soth I don’t know if we gave up 120 a night but I didn’t feel good in 2000, 2004-06, and now...and a lot in between. 😢 

I've been here since the late 70's bro. It doesn't get better. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

15 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Are you already hit 40 years of fan hood? Congrats 🥳 I’m at 34 years in. 🤦‍♀️ Soth, maybe we need to take a spiritual journey to State Farm arena and apologize to the basketball 🏀 Gods for the Nique trade.

Or burn and effigy for the David Thompson and Marvin Webster ABA theft. Should include the one and only Dr. J. theft here.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Or apparently Bill Russell. 🤦‍♀️ 

Thankfully I don't remember that trade but being a kid in a small N.C. town we had two tv channels and guess what team was part of the Basketball Game of the Week almost every Sunday. Yeah. Bill Russell's team. Was tired of the Green even before my parents moved with me tagging along to Atlanta. In Atlanta "68 and on is when my distaste for the Celtics festered exponentially.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

“I don’t want to put John in a position where when he comes back, he solves our communication, our energy, our everything,” Pierce said after the Hawks gave up 143 points in a Dec. 17 loss to the Knicks. “John’s a great, energetic player, but he’s still a young player. He communicates and he’s bouncy and he gives us a pop, but it’s a total (team) thing. It’s everybody.” 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AHF said:

He is going to make a huge difference.  Will be rust but when he gets going then expect a big improvement.

Agreed. Nobody else but Trae can score, or rebound for that matter....lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, terrell said:

Me too. My Uncle had some connections back in the early 80's, and I had the opportunity to visit the Hawks locker room. John Drew gave me a pair of his shoes. I might still have them around here somewhere. lol.  I had a pair of Jerry Royster's cleats also..Those were the days..

John Drew was my favorite until Nique and Roundfield came around.  I remember getting the paper everyday to read the box score.  Didnt always get the game on the radio, sometimes WSB would fade out with ol Skip calling the games.  I would drive 30 miles one way to get a AJC paper to read Hawk news on Sunday lol.  Yea those were the days.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Vol4ever said:

John Drew was my favorite until Nique and Roundfield came around.  I remember getting the paper everyday to read the box score.  Didnt always get the game on the radio, sometimes WSB would fade out with ol Skip calling the games.  I would drive 30 miles one way to get a AJC paper to read Hawk news on Sunday lol.  Yea those were the days.

Wow...that's impressive!

3 hours ago, Vol4ever said:

That’s a great story 👍🏾! I used to go down the street, about 50 yards or so and get the newspaper 📰 from the machine. It started out at $.25 for the weekends and $1.50 for Sunday’s. I remember I was able to afford the quarter but I really didn’t wanna but Sunday’s paper because I wanted to save the money for a snack at school.

On Sunday evenings I’d go down to our downstairs neighbors apartment. An old Jewish couple in their 80’s and they usually invited me in for dessert 🍨 and their newspaper 🗞. I was about 8 or so.

I absolutely loved reading boxscores. I’ve been a number cruncher since the 80’s 😃 

• Like 3