• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Collins ain't fixing this

NBASupes

On 12/22/2019 at 11:06 PM, Spud2nique said:

An old Jewish couple in their 80’s and they usually invited me in for dessert 🍨

I remember not wanting to eat their desserts for some reason lol. They weren’t ur usual pudding or ice cream...

But I really needed to know if Haywoode Workman would be the answer Nique was looking for at point. 

Long story short, I ate the dessert. Workman didn’t work out..,Morlon Wiley didn’t ...oh God Rumeal..

• Haha 4

Maybe Goodwin can handle that backup role....certainly think he can score from there. Am hoping the Bruno starting and then Len backing up rotation will see a good bit more time and then see if we improve with repetition there. Believe that is the best bet at C with our roster anyway.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Maybe Goodwin can handle that backup role....certainly think he can score from there. Am hoping the Bruno starting and then Len backing up rotation will see a good bit more time and then see if we improve with repetition there. Believe that is the best bet at C with our roster anyway.

I guess Goodwin has a chance. You know who kept getting chances and stuck around and I’m glad that he did? One Duane Ferrell. Sorry kids it’s from the while back machine but I’m sure most remember. He really worked hard in the minutes given to him at that time of Hawks ball which gave us Nique’s last days. 😞 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, hawkman said:

To inject some positivity, anybody else notice how easily Collins stepped in and had 27pts, 10rb, 2stls, and 2blks in his first game back? Boneheaded mistake aside, this guy looks like the real deal at PF. Makes me wonder what could have been if the suspension never happened and Schlenk added a competent C and PG to this roster during the offseason. I know Collins being back doesn't fix the defensive issues completely, but is there a chance the Hawks can at least get back to playing the kind of defense they displayed at the beginning of the season with Collins in the line up? Without a legit starting center and backup point guard that's their only chance to at least be competitive. 

We played some pretty weak offenses during that stretch, so it's much more likely just a case of a lucky small sample size than actual flashing of our defensive potential sadly. Still, obviously we should see some improvement on both sides of the ball. John Collins' rebounding alone will help on defense. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Len

I can’t understand the dude. One night he looks like Koncak and the next Wilt...ok not Wilt but maybe Rik Smits? I dunno man he’s got a touch from distance for a big but it crazy allergic to the rim. He fights the rim more than opponents at times. Lol. Go gettem Len. Bring ur A game for the Lopez 👯‍♀️ tomorrow night.

Wild prediction here and I’d like Vegas to put a line out.

Robin Lopez vs Bruno Fernando square off. Odds: +90000

This one would actually be a throwback 80’s style fight to me. Both physical.

Sorry this isn’t post Xmas talk 😆 my bad.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I can’t understand the dude. One night he looks like Koncak and the next Wilt...ok not Wilt but maybe Rik Smits? I dunno man he’s got a touch from distance for a big but it crazy allergic to the rim. He fights the rim more than opponents at times. Lol. Go gettem Len. Bring ur A game for the Lopez 👯‍♀️ tomorrow night.

1 hour ago, hawkman said:

Len is starting to look like the guy many of us thought he would be as a starter. He's still way too inconsistent to be heavily relied on though.

Len started the season with a bum ankle. Now he's injured the same ankle and is doubtful for tomorrow's game vs Bucks. How long will it rake him to get back into a groove?

Will Damian Jones now get backup minutes behind Bruno with Len sidelined or will CLP continue to go small playing too much Vince at PF?

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, hawkman said:

Len is starting to look like the guy many of us thought he would be as a starter.

Agree.

He's still way too inconsistent to be heavily relied on though.

Agree.

Schlenk banking on Len picking up where he left off and thinking Turner could play PG(or NBA basketball in general) were major blunders that I'm still holding out hope he will correct before the deadline.

LOL . . definitely agree.  I would add by just how Bembry was being used, the coaching staff also believed that Bembry could play some backup PG as well.  I'll admit that I kind of believed that.

I  just want to see competitive Hawks basketball at this point.

Yep.

Nobody expected to contend this season, but I never thought the season would be over this early.

I don't know about that.  Over 1/2 of the fan base, including some in the media, fully expected the Hawks to "contend" for at least a playoff spot in the East.

Everything that could've went wrong, went wrong. 

No doubt. 

• Like 3

I am actually at the point of if we can keep Len healthy so as to avoid slow starts and poor play that we should retain him with as small a contract as possible for say two years for the backup role. We know what he is and wouldn't think his up and down performance this year and that ankle would entice too many teams. I know I would not have said this a month ago but unless we move for Adams or someone and have Bruno develop behind them think Len could help in that somewhat limited role next year. Every year is still some kind of a transition year for us anyway right now. Am hoping for better health and less Murphy's Law moving forward. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Thomas said:

I am actually at the point of if we can keep Len healthy so as to avoid slow starts and poor play that we should retain him with as small a contract as possible for say two years for the backup role. We know what he is and wouldn't think his up and down performance this year and that ankle would entice too many teams. I know I would not have said this a month ago but unless we move for Adams or someone and have Bruno develop behind them think Len could help in that somewhat limited role next year. Every year is still some kind of a transition year for us anyway right now. Am hoping for better health and less Murphy's Law moving forward. 

I am indifferent. 

I'll rather keep Bruno. Draft another center like Okongwu and sign another one to start like Favors, Baynes, Noel, etc. 

Len proved his worth as a backup center but Bruno is up and coming, we still need to get a potential stud center and we still need a vet center who can start and help us asap

Len has value and will get offers but I think it might be time to move along

• Like 3

I’m personally done with Len following this season. I can’t watch him fumble around the rim and be as inconsistent as he has been in his career.

Having said that, the grass is always greener on the neighbors lawn. So we could do worse actually lol. Hoping we don’t but anything is possible.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I'll rather keep Bruno. Draft another center like Okongwu and sign another one to start like Favors, Baynes, Noel, etc. 

Am a fan of Bruno and hope he continues to develop as a center but if that doesn't go as planned he definitely would cover backup at both C and PF moving forward. As of now want him with more consistent minutes as our starting C and go from there.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Returning:

Trae, Huerter, Cam, Hunter, Collins, Bruno.

Certainly agree on our young kids core there. Not sure what we have in Goodwin really. Him scoring at this level is gonna be a necessity for him to hang around I think. My point on Len was that if FA center or a big drafted first doesn't happen he would still be a cheap option I think at backup C. Can he stay healthy enough to rebound and defend is a big question....we already know he is a consistent offensive doofus so never start him. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

We are on pace to win 19.68 games this year. That’s bad. Here is who I’d rather not see returning..

Charlie Brown, Deandre Bembry, Vince Carter, Allen Crabbe, Damian Jones, Brandon Goodwin, Jabari Parker, Alex Len, Chandler Parsons and Evan Turner.

Returning:

I agree. Bring in two rookies and TS needs to sign key vets who can play at starting center, backup PG, backup wings and forwards. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Thomas said:

My point on Len was that if FA center or a big drafted first doesn't happen he would still be a cheap option I think at backup C.

No doubt I definitely dig on the price tags without a doubt. That would be an awesome price tag I’m just not sure if I’m  still even willing to pay low on him.

Its like FUBU loud orange jacket we’re discussing earlier. It starts at $100, then to $80..$55 and final $40... it’s a great price but I’m still not sure I’d like to wear it per say...if you will. 😊 

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

No doubt I definitely dig on the price tags without a doubt. That would be an awesome price tag I’m just not sure if I’m  still even willing to pay low on him.

Its like FUBU loud orange jacket we’re discussing earlier. It starts at $100, then to $80..$55 and final $40... it’s a great price but I’m still not sure I’d like to wear it per say...if you will. 😊 

Do understand. I didn't mention anything about a trade that could be pushed with an expiring and other hopefully very secondary assets but would think folks will want more than that for their good value already having a decent to good C to dangle. Would be nice though

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

We are on pace to win 19.68 games this year. That’s bad. Here is who I’d rather not see returning..

Charlie Brown, Deandre Bembry, Vince Carter, Allen Crabbe, Damian Jones, Brandon Goodwin, Jabari Parker, Alex Len, Chandler Parsons and Evan Turner.

Returning:

And just what is wrong with Brandon Goodwin?  For a player who arrived, for the first time, for tonight's game, and you want him gone next season?  Wait.  At least let him screw up a few times, then want him gone!  I hope he plays so well that you regret saying you want him gone!

:ahf:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

I hope he plays so well that you regret saying you want him gone!

😢 ur right gramps I didn’t even give the dude a chance. I hope ur right gramps. Btw, I like my crow bbq’d...I’m not picky though. Happy Holidays Gramps 😊 

• Thanks 1