• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young - 2020 All-Star Starter

NBASupes

1 hour ago, hawkman said:

Heads up. I was able to vote 3 times today by voting on the NBA app, NBA.com on IE, and then again on Google. All perfectly legal and apparently encouraged by the NBA. 

Oh that’s good stuff! I wanna get in on this before they fix it...the glitch of whatever. I’m gonna stuff this ballot like....well hard.. believe you me. 😉 #Traedaybrodie

Wait, even the nba app and .com don’t have the same...ah whatever, it’s like sausage, I don’t necessarily care to know how it’s made but I’ll take a 🌭 

• Haha 1

• Moderators

Also beneficial for Trae's cause has been the new online format (on the days when his Vote option shows up) that reduces the likelihood of a default alphabetical search. No more scrolling down through rows of also-rans searching for somebody worth voting for, only to zone out and settle for somebody without checking for the X, Y and Z surnames. Antetokounmpo was pretty easy to come across, using the old way. Young, not so much.

~lw3

• Like 3

1 minute ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Also beneficial for Trae's cause has been the new online format (on the days when his Vote option shows up) that reduces the likelihood of a default alphabetical search. No more scrolling down through rows of also-rans searching for somebody worth voting for, only to zone out and settle for somebody without checking for the X, Y and Z surnames. Antetokounmpo was pretty easy to come across, using the old way. Young, not so much.

~lw3

That’s good stuff. Wait, on the day his vote option shows up? It doesn’t everyday?

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

That’s good stuff. Wait, on the day his vote option shows up? It doesn’t everyday?

But for the

Spoiler

CONSPIRACY!!!!

, it would. (see references to the glitch from the other day)

~lw3

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, hawkman said:

Heads up. I was able to vote 3 times today by voting on the NBA app, NBA.com on IE, and then again on Google. All perfectly legal and apparently encouraged by the NBA. 

Awesome.  I voted for him four times today...on the NBA app, NBA.com, on Google and using Google Assistant.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, HawkItus said:

You were locked in closet as a child weren't you?   Its a freaking scrimmage.  Game doesn't matter.   But, you won't vote for supposed teams best player?

:no: :deke:((can't call folks DAs on here! the Zack rolleyes gif is fine, tho! ~lw3))

Ok, so if it’s just a scrimmage, why are you worried about it? Voting multiple times? 

Why not vote since or not at all and leave it at that?

31 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

Ok, so if it’s just a scrimmage, why are you worried about it? Voting multiple times? 

Why not vote since or not at all and leave it at that?

🙄

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member

I really never thought Trae would be a starter in the ASG this year. I guessed he would be an alternate because I assumed somebody would be hurt or want some rest. Getting him in would be great for us. I love Joe, but you know during his appearances that he never would “recruit” the way Trae will.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AHF said:

It is a scrimmage that promotes the player and the team.  It can also lead to acquiring other All-Stars as we saw when Horford's recruiting by Boston began at the All-Star game and in the past where player like LeBron, Wade, etc. have mentioned in their weaker moments how they talked about playing together in the future (and then did to good effect).

Having your PG in a starting role puts a nice light on that and the play with other stars can build relationships that pay off in the long run.

So, it’s not really just a scrimmage. 

Either there is value in it or it is a completely irrelevant throw away.

With abysmal ownership, management and the worst record in the league... Coming to Atlanta is a hard sell.

I don’t think Trae starting vs. not starting makes a difference anyway.

I understand what you’re trying to say, but I wouldn’t get my hopes up.

Edited by Plainview1981

• Moderators
12 hours ago, Plainview1981 said:

So, it’s not really just a scrimmage. 

Either there is value in it or it is a completely irrelevant throw away.

With abysmal ownership, management and the worst record in the league... Coming to Atlanta is a hard sell.

I don’t think Trae starting vs. not starting makes a difference anyway.

I understand what you’re trying to say, but I wouldn’t get my hopes up.

Most players don't come back having successfully recruited another star but it does happen and all you can do is put yourself in the best possible position to make that happen.  As fans, we rarely have any direct ability to influence whether something good happens to our team but here we actually get that chance.  

My votes will be in again when the 24 hour clock runs.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Dnice said:

or they could be teammates...lol

Oh I forgot the new thing where east is no longer east and west is no longer west. Captains now right? 

I like old school east vs west.

Call me old...call me a traditionalist.. just call me 🤙-Ded

• Premium Member
18 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I understand voting for Tacko, seeing that he's a fan favorite everywhere he goes.  Voting for Kyrie is what is bugging me.  Dinwiddie has had an outstanding year in Kyrie's absence.  So why are fans simply voting for the name that they know?

Trae leading all guards in votes at least shows that his name has star power.  If the Hawks were winning more games, we'd get some of these games flexed into the national TV schedule, giving him and the Hawks even more exposure.

😂 he's on a 2-way contract. C'mon maan!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3