• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

[Winter 2020] Woj Rumor: Drummmmmnd to ATL talks happening

kg01

There is no point of giving a first for a 3 month rental on a lost season. We can sign him in the off-season anyway and keep the first. If that first round pick stays on he 15-18 range we could land a valuable player. A backup PG like Kilian Hayes, Maledon or Hampton ir a big like Carney Jr, Stewart for Dante, Zeke..

• Like 4

Just now, gurpilo said:

There is no point of giving a first for a 3 month rental on a lost season. We can sign him in the off-season anyway and keep the first. If that first round pick stays on he 15-18 range we could land a valuable player. A backup PG like Kilian Hayes, Maledon or Hampton ir a big like Carney Jr, Stewart for Dante, Zeke..

Yeah until he resigns with Detroit for a max and we lost him for a pick that probably will wash out of the league.

45 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

Listen the way the NBA is now...You’re overpaying for anyone worth having. 

There’s overpaying and then there’s giving a max contract to a glorified role player. But I don’t think any team will be that silly so it’s a moot point.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, terrell said:

IM watching a little bit of Drummond now....I Cant figure this dude out..He'll help us, but how much? IDK. Bulls kicking their ass atm..He hit a 3 though. lol

The reason I’m bullish on him is because he fills 2 MAJOR needs for the team.

Defense and Rebounding. He’s the best rebounder in the league hands down.

Offensively, he is a very good guy to run PnR with.

Its hard to look at him as he is on the team he’s on , but on this team..he really is the missing piece in the starting line up. 

It’s like what’re you holding out FOR at center. No one else is really available and whoever is available is a clear downgrade from Drummond. 

SI says that Steven Adams has now taken over as Hawks want.  He's already signed for next season.  Therefore, he would not walk at season's end.

@NBASupes Has said he knows something.  This might be it.  And, it may not.

Any way, another angle to consider.  Adams is a big, physical rebounding center.  Any interest here?

:keep_order:

• Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Gray Mule said:

SI says that Steven Adams has now taken over as Hawks want.  He's already signed for next season.  Therefore, he would not walk at season's end.

@NBASupes Has said he knows something.  This might be it.  And, it may not.

Any way, another angle to consider.  Adams is a big, physical rebounding center.  Any interest here?

:keep_order:

Another angle to consider. Presti rarely loses out on trades. He is gonna want at least 2 future 1sts. Adams is simply not worth it.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Another angle to consider. Presti rarely loses out on trades. He is gonna want at least 2 future 1sts. Adams is simply not worth it.

LOL! Presti is reasonable. He's not Ainge but he did set the market too high on Adams. He wanted a young player with some potential like a Frank N. A mid to late 1st and an expiring contract. The market value for Adams is two 2nds and an expiring. He did mention he willing to take on a bad contract to get what he wants. For example: Monk or Bacon, CHA lotto protected 1st, and Batum but no one was close to interested. Because of how good the drafts have been over the last 5 years, no one really wants to trade 1st anymore unless they have to like Brooklyn did last year and centers just aren't coveted anymore like that. In order to get what you want, you need a bidding war. But it's hard if no one wants to come close to meeting your demand. The more OKC wins, the more Presti looks to move his pieces from what I got. 

I won't go into the Hawks or anything like that but I will say Presti is reasonable, he's not Ainge. The unreasonables are Ainge, Ferry and Hinkie. They want a penny on the dollar for every deal and want a dollar for pennies as well. 

As far as the market, Drummond has more value than Adams. He is expiring and teams around the league see him as more of an offensive option than Adams who is more of a 4th and 5th option. Teams also like Drummond's size, health, and interior defense. It appeals to some Eastern conference teams (figures-Embiid). That said, Drummond value is the same as Adams. Two 2nds and an expiring. From what I've heard, it's the same demand as Adams. If either team wants to get rid of either guy, they will have to budge on the demands for a 1st rounder. A large number of teams are bulking at the idea of trading a 1st for Drummond and laugh at trading a 1st for Adams. Teams don't like Adams contract and they feel he should be more reasonably priced based on the last convo I had regarding other teams. 

10 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

OKC is a playoff team. They might end up being buyers at the deadline.

They are selling. This is technically year 1 of their rebuild. 

• Premium Member

Latest, same as oldest....

The Detroit Pistons haven't received any first round pick offers for Andre Drummond.

Drummond can become a free agent this offseason, which mitigates what teams might be willing to give up for him. Drummond has a player option worth $28.7 million next season.

The initial deal discussed between the Pistons and the Atlanta Hawks over Drummond consisted of only expiring contracts. 

• Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Latest, same as oldest....

He will probably be moved with a 2nd added. If they want more than that, it ain't happening unless he opts in. A lot of GMs like to move their players to the opposite conference, so there is that also.

• Like 3