• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Pacers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

4 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Things could be worse. We could have Vince Carter pretending to be a stretch-four again. Let’s enjoy the home crowd applause he’s earned for becoming the NBA’s first four-decade man today. Then, let’s hope Carter will enjoy not having to wrangle with bigs posting up around the rim. Now that we’re finally home for six days, hey, maybe NBATV can have Vince swing by to be their “special guest”!

So sixty seconds for Vince covers the requirement needed to establish that incredible record right? Love Vince and all but you know lets keep the floor time very reasonable.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

I’ve done no research into my theory, but I’ve always bristled when I see Hawks opponents in suits at the studios over on Techwood Drive, while the soon-to-be home team is contemporaneously playing a game, sometimes down the street, other times in lands far away. Last night was the first time, though, that I suspected the NBA is being complicit in baking this, deliberately, right into the Hawks’ regular-season schedules.

No other NBA team really has to deal with this. Occasionally, you get a “special guest” player dropping in on Rachel Nichols’ studio at The Jump mid-day in the Big Apple. But ESPN usually just suffices with Hall of Famers and retired goons riffing on highlight videos and replays for an hour per day

Great game thread lw3! I’ve noticed the Hawks getting screwed with this NBAtv thing too! Wonder if Adam Silver would be willing to look into this for us. 🧐 

I’m not sure I’m a Kevin Pritchard fan. I used to watch him play for Nellie on the Warrior squads of the late 80’s. I really seem to like the way he’s assembled this Pacer squad. Sabonis, Brogdon, Dipo! I dunno, I dig this roster. Huuuuge turnaround from the days the Pacers trotted out DunMurphy 😆 

Pacers -7.5  o/u 221.5

GO HAWKS!!!!

19 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Malcolm in the Riddle

😂 

• Like 3

• Moderators

From Pacers' GameNotes, Nate McMillan would pass Chuck Daly with a 639th NBA coaching victory tonight. In 23rd place behind Mike D'Antoni (648), those active coaches are chasing Mike Fratello, who is currently 20th with 667 career wins.

https://www.nba.com/gamenotes/pacers.pdf

~lw3

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Nate McMillan would pass Chuck Daly with a 639th NBA coaching victory tonight.

Whoa 😳.. already? Geez, that came unexpectedly fast. Can we make him wait a night? 😆 

1 minute ago, gurpilo said:

Feenando

Hope he’s as good as Bruno.. 😉 

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Jabari AND Cam out = Vince playing 25 minutes tonight

Predicted starters:

PG - Yoiung

G - Huerter

F - Hunter

F - Vince

C - Len

Jabari and Cam getting traded? lol