• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

53 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The framework is still Adams to Atlanta period. 

The other details are fluid. That means OKC 1st, BRK 1st, a young player, Parsons, Gallinari, etc is all fluid. 

Truth is, they should get a 1st for Gallo but it won't happen because he cost way too much. That's the killer. 

The math is really simple.  Adams makes $25,842,697 this year.  Any player/players Atlanta sends them must add up to between $20,842,697 and $30,842,697.  

Assuming Turner is the trade piece and not Parsons. The other player/players must equal at least $2,236,141 and no more than 12 million. Bruno maxes 1.4 million.  It isn't Bruno. Jones makes Jones makes 2.3 million and Huerter 2.6. Len makes 4.1.  Of the 3, Jones by far had the worst game and was out of place time and again following the big out of the lane and leaving it open.  Confused with movement would be a very weird criticism of a SG on defense.  They chase off screens. Therefore, target is Jones. 

• Like 4

hace 54 minutos, NBASupes dijo:

They have interest in bringing back Teague. I would imagine they would. 

The guys most important is Cam and DeAndre. The rest are before them. The only player I worry about an overpay is Kevin Huerter. Guys like him are hard to find and so valuable around the league. While John is someone teams would like it add, no one sees him as an overpay guy. He's probably in the same tier as Sabonis and Turner. Guys you pay 20 million per or less. Nothing more. 

That is right that is why now is the time to sign guys to medium term contracts and make a strong team, surround our young guys with valuable vets

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Teams don't make trades for young players based on one game. 

It was a joke. Pretty sure if its Bruno, they liked him pre draft...

Edited by terrell

21 minutes ago, thecampster said:

The math is really simple.  Adams makes $25,842,697 this year.  Any player/players Atlanta sends them must add up to between $20,842,697 and $30,842,697.  

Assuming Turner is the trade piece and not Parsons. The other player/players must equal at least $2,236,141 and no more than 12 million. Bruno maxes 1.4 million.  It isn't Bruno. Jones makes Jones makes 2.3 million and Huerter 2.6. Len makes 4.1.  Of the 3, Jones by far had the worst game and was out of place time and again following the big out of the lane and leaving it open.  Confused with movement would be a very weird criticism of a SG on defense.  They chase off screens. Therefore, target is Jones. 

Id give JOnes away. lol

• Like 4

I am losing my faith to make a trade that will change the team, in fact I think is not a good idea, I want a shot at Wiseman.

However I really think we are going to sign good players this offseason that will elevate the performance of this team, I am starting to like some FAs this year, not stars but good player to build a team.

Edited by gurpilo

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, thecampster said:

Not exactly.  Since the Hawks are under the cap, they cannot receive back any more than would take them 100K over the cap.

1 hour ago, thecampster said:

Turner has also been mentioned. Not just Parsons.

For non-taxpaying teams (again, they must be under the tax level after the trade), the salaries that can be acquired depend on the total salaries the team is trading away:

Non-Taxpaying Teams
Outgoing salary Maximum incoming salary
$0 to $6,533,333 175% of the outgoing salary, plus $100,0005
$6,533,334 to $19.6 million The outgoing salary plus $5 million5
$19.6 million and up 125% of the outgoing salary, plus $100,000

So technically it isn't a hard 5 million but that's a good rule to follow at the 20 million range which is where we'd be.  Exact math:  Turner + Bruno = $20,006,556.  x 1.25 = $25,008,195 + $100,000.  $25,108,195 or 700k too little to trade for Adams.

1 hour ago, gurpilo said:

I am losing my faith to make a trade that will change the team, in fact I think is not a good idea, I want a shot at Wiseman.

However I really think we are going to sign good players this offseason that will elevate the performance of this team, I am starting to like some FAs this year, not stars but good player to build a team.

Yep FA class is good enough to put some competent players around Trae and the younguns..Save 1 slot for 2021..

I’m still of the opinion that nothing is going to end up happening outside of maybe moving Turner’s contract.  I just don’t think Travis is willing to give up anything that is actually considered an asset to get something that will help make this team better now.

2 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I’m still of the opinion that nothing is going to end up happening outside of maybe moving Turner’s contract.  I just don’t think Travis is willing to give up anything that is actually considered an asset to get something that will help make this team better now.

This is honestly likely. Something with Memphis or Charlotte for Iggy who won't play a game in Atlanta and Josh Jackson or Marvin Williams. 

I still think Adams gets done