• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

• Moderators
14 hours ago, kg01 said:

I think Gobert is better but not 'double-digit millions' and 'added-hassle' better.  Anybody remember him whining about asg bids and whatnot?  Plus the notoriety that'd come with him after all this virus bidness.

Plus he's a Frenchman.  I mean, does anyone like frenchmen? 

Agree.  Also, dude, Frenchman is not the preferred nomenclature.

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

NBA Draft

I am getting feedback that Atlanta is closing in on five prospects

Anthony Edwards

Deni A. 

Issac Okoro

Obi Toppin

Onyeka Okongwu

I was told this isn't like last year where they were willing to move up to get their guy but this is who they are zoning in on more than others. 

A surprise name I've heard they like is LaMelo Ball but he's not on the list. They aren't smitten by this draft class at all. 

Why don't they like Wiseman? If they like Edward, God I hope we don't win the lottery!

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
33 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Two teams - One player

1. Anthony Davis 

2. John Collins

John Collins will either have to take a hometown discount or he might be traded or at least he won't get a deal till next summer and it might be a match type of thing like it was with Teague after his rookie contract. 

1. Interesting - I'll just file it away as a side note. 

2. I'm ok waiting to wait on resigning JC as a RFA just based on Cap uncertainty this and next season. Like you said it'll have to be a really great deal for the Hawks.

• Thanks 4

• Moderators

Glad that Atlanta is in a rumor for a marquee player at least.  Not sure why AD would leave LA that he tried so hard to get to.  They were a contender with a good shot at the title this year.  

I'm not sure what the hesitation is on Collins other than abnormal disruption of business.   He's a pretty skilled big man.   

49 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Why don't they like Wiseman? If they like Edward, God I hope we don't win the lottery!

Not surprised they (and others) aren't high on Wiseman.  There were questions about him even before he got to MEM.

One thing I heard an analyst mention was the cost attached to the top pick was too much, even on rookie scale, to tie up on a big that's probably not going to help you do anything for multiple years.  Basically said stte, you could get a vet big on the market for cheaper that'll give you more than Wiseman likely will over the life of his rookie contract.  So why bother.

Funny thing, I feel the exact same way about Edwards.  I don't expect him to ever surpass a guy like Fournier.

14 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I don't expect him to ever surpass a guy like Fournier.

Whoa 😳 ahhhh that’s a stretch kg. Edwards will be much better than Evan I’ll never google ur last name. 

ps If we get Evan F. (Ur new 👨 crush, sorry you mentioned him a few days ago sounding smitten 🥰) we are gonna need a ton of rogaine. Trae and Evan backcourt be walking 🚶 around bald 👨‍🦲 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Whoa 😳 ahhhh that’s a stretch kg. Edwards will be much better than Evan I’ll never google ur last name. 

ps If we get Evan F. (Ur new 👨 crush, sorry you mentioned him a few days ago sounding smitten 🥰) we are gonna need a ton of rogaine. Trae and Evan backcourt be walking 🚶 around bald 👨‍🦲 

Haha, can you imagine the endorsements and in-arena entertainment?  Gold, Jerry.  Gold.

On Edwards, he won't surpass a guy like Fournier until he learns how to play basketball.

Otherwise, he'll just be a guy who gets points in transition and ... not much else. That's a #1 pick?  Compare that to real #1 picks like Ewing, Lebron, Duncan, etc.  Even DRose.  How far has the draft fallen?  smdh

You tellin me, if you drop the 17yo version of each of them guys on that crap UGA team they would've been strugglin' to get to .500 in a down SEC?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

John Collins will either have to take a hometown discount or he might be traded or at least he won't get a deal till next summer and it might be a match type of thing like it was with Teague after his rookie contract. 

I would hate to trade Collins but in the event that we do, we better get a haul back for him. He’s a great fit with Trae but if there’s someone out there that’s a better fit (Harrell) I’m just saying if we sign Trez and flip JC, we need to get a good return.

Good players have been traded in the past. The Pistons traded Adrian Dantley for Mark Aguirre in 88, the Bulls traded Charles Oakley around the same time as well. 

One scenario would be:

Hawks sign Harrell.

Then trade:

ATL receives: Devin Booker + Ty Jerome

Suns receive: John Collins + Clint Capela+ Dedmon

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y7k7wdex

Draft: Wiseman/Okongwu/Toppin 

PG- Trae/Jerome

SG- Booker/Huerter

SF- Cam/Hunter

PF- Trez/Free agent

C- Free agent/ Wiseman or Okongwu or Toppin

Thoughts?

• Moderators

Here are a couple of college underachievers whose teams were basically .500 type operations:

Ben Simmons, LSU (SEC)

Klay Thompson, Washington State (Pac 10)

Paul George, Fresno State

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I would hate to trade Collins but in the event that we do, we better get a haul back for him. He’s a great fit with Trae but if there’s someone out there that’s a better fit (Harrell) I’m just saying if we sign Trez and flip JC, we need to get a good return.

Good players have been traded in the past. The Pistons traded Adrian Dantley for Mark Aguirre in 88, the Bulls traded Charles Oakley around the same time as well. 

One scenario would be:

Hawks sign Harrell.

Then trade:

PG- Trae/Jerome

SG- Booker/Huerter

SF- Cam/Hunter

PF- Trez/Free agent

Thoughts?

Pass. 

1. You aren't getting Booker and we still have our #1 pick.

2. I'd rather pay JC than pay Harell in FAcy to start.

• Thanks 3

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

One scenario would be:

Hawks sign Harrell.

Then trade:

PG- Trae/Jerome

SG- Booker/Huerter

SF- Cam/Hunter

PF- Trez/Free agent

Thoughts?

That makes no sense...Collins is already better than Harell and at least equal in prodution with Booker at 22.  So h-ll no

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, AHF said:

JC will either have to take a discount or be unloaded

Why?  Don't get this.  He seems like exactly the sort of player we should be retaining and including in our core.  His production without needing plays run for him is fantastic and our record with and without him speaks for itself.  

And you and Bird said there are only a few Collins haters!  LOL!

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

And you and Bird said there are only a few Collins haters!  LOL!

Name the list of haters.   I bet your list will be very short and exclusively made up of people that also have lots of posts praising him.  You act like it is everyone hating him when the leading person that I am sure you would reference is Supes who has questioned whether he is the right fit.  And Supes' latest post is not his own view advocating we should get rid of JC but is him sharing what he is hearing from a contact.  

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, AHF said:

Name the list of haters.   I bet your list will be very short and exclusively made up of people that also have lots of posts praising him.  You act like it is everyone hating him when the leading person that I am sure you would reference is Supes who has questioned whether he is the right fit.  And Supes' latest post is not his own view advocating we should get rid of JC but is him sharing what he is hearing from a contact.  

Many are trying either trade him, replace him or expects him to take a hometown discount or let him walk.  What do you call that?