• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

On 4/23/2020 at 8:14 AM, JTB said:

@NBASupes I’m seeing that there’s interest in Derozan. Anything you heard about that rumor?

I haven't heard his name in awhile and even then, it wasn't serious. If their is a wing Atlanta would sign, it would be Ingram but he's not available. NO wants him at all cost. 

• Thanks 3

On 4/20/2020 at 12:12 PM, NBASupes said:

Two teams - One player

Anthony Davis 

Rumor is AD is looking at Chicago and Atlanta in FA outside of LA. He's not committed to the Lakers and still looking at this as a trial situation. Most, hell all think he will return to LA. My guy is saying that he is putting feelers to see CHI and ATL interest. CHI can make several moves which could entice AD but I was told Atlanta is appealing as well. The fact that Atlanta has Clint Capela and a great young core makes them attractive and they still have potential moves to add even more talent.

Atlanta on the under market is selling playing with Cam Reddish, Capela, and Trae Young which is no shock but not selling John Collins. They are even mention of Huerter and Hunter. Now the targets are mainly PF's so maybe that's why but I found it interesting to say the least. I was told AD likely isn't leaving LA but he's not making any decision based on LeBron, his goal is to be a multiple time NBA champion and he's going to go with the best opportunity for that to happen. When I asked again, he said Atlanta is on the list, nothing more, nothing less. 

John Collins

John Collins will either have to take a hometown discount or he might be traded or at least he won't get a deal till next summer and it might be a match type of thing like it was with Teague after his rookie contract. 

NBA Draft

I am getting feedback that Atlanta is closing in on five prospects

Anthony Edwards

Deni A. 

Issac Okoro

Obi Toppin

Onyeka Okongwu

I was told this isn't like last year where they were willing to move up to get their guy but this is who they are zoning in on more than others. 

A surprise name I've heard they like is LaMelo Ball but he's not on the list. They aren't smitten by this draft class at all. 

Thats a nice draft pick list. Pretty much who Im looking at. lol. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure it's depressing, @NBASupes.  Kinda what we all expected, really.

Draft 'n trade are where we upgrade, imho. (ETA: Dare I say we do both at the same time?  Bowchickawowwow)

I think I'm gonna craft an "Ask kg" thread one of these days.  I guarantee it will not be as informative as this thread, but it'll be much more entertaining.  🤠

Edited by kg01
  • Haha 4

16 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Jordan Clarkson - Utah wants to resign him but he will have options. Possible Hawks prospect. 

Ya I mentioned somewhere he’s perfect for our squad. He can play 1/2 2/1 off the pine and he’s a bucket getter. We don’t have bucket getters besides Trae right now. Someone who can put the ball in the hole 🕳. I don’t mind Jordan at all. He’s played hard everywhere he’s been. 
✅ for me.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I think I'm gonna craft an "Ask kg" thread one of these days.  I guarantee it will not be as informative as this thread, but it'll be much more entertaining.  🤠

Can we share ☝🏽? Like a shared yahoo personal I did with a friend about 15 years ago. We called it, 2 for 1! Date 2 guys for one 😐....

I would start an “Ask Spud 🥔 “ but I’m afraid people would think I’m the naked channel. NSFW 😐.. 🤭 what work?-Stu GET OUT! 😶 

15 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Favors and KCP.   Home cooking.

Favors is a center at this stage of his career so while I am not sure what ATL thinks, I am pretty sure won't come here. I truly think he's heading to Miami. They been putting out fillers for a lot of top centers in this class. They like using Bam at the 4 a lot. 

KCP should be a realistic target but he's under Klutch which tend to say they are open and just sign with the Lakers. 

Just thinking out loud: 

A couple players I think could be had for free or a 2nd rounder/TPE is Eric Gordon and James Johnson. While Gordon is unlikely due to what he means to his team, maybe he could be available, I hope. James Johnson could be available for free but why would you want him? You likely won't. Obviously, Batum but even less than Johnson. 

We need a Kyle Korver trade like steal where we got him for free/TPE. Those are so hard to do. GMs are way better than they used to be average. 

On 4/29/2020 at 6:37 AM, JayBirdHawk said:

@NBASupes

Is the long term plan to keep Reddish at SG or to transition him to SF?

From the looks of it, he's playing both, same for Kevin. The difference is, he is probably not playing PG anymore while Kevin will. 

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Favors is a center at this stage of his career so while I am not sure what ATL thinks, I am pretty sure won't come here. I truly think he's heading to Miami. They been putting out fillers for a lot of top centers in this class. They like using Bam at the 4 a lot. 

KCP should be a realistic target but he's under Klutch which tend to say they are open and just sign with the Lakers. 

Just thinking out loud: 

A couple players I think could be had for free or a 2nd rounder/TPE is Eric Gordon and James Johnson. While Gordon is unlikely due to what he means to his team, maybe he could be available, I hope. James Johnson could be available for free but why would you want him? You likely won't. Obviously, Batum but even less than Johnson. 

We need a Kyle Korver trade like steal where we got him for free/TPE. Those are so hard to do. GMs are way better than they used to be average. 

I mention Gordon earlier before I realized he's resigned for 4 more years at 16, 18, 19, 20 mil. 

Batum would only be for his expirings contract (27 mil) and we'd need a 1st to take him.

If James Johnson is healthy and in shape he can help, also we'd need a 1st from Minny to take his expiring $16 mil.

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Update: 

I know, depressing for us. No one really available but he said the trade market will be much bigger this year due to Corona but teams want 2021 1st rounders. I know Travis isn't the biggest fan of trading them if at all but maybe he might consider. The name he said that will be available is Buddy Hield. He said their will be more but teams need to clear cap space due to Corona and some was going to do it anyway but Corona will open up the market but the cost isn't cheap. He said the market for 2020 1sts isn't that high even if the demand for value back is like normal, high. But 2021 has equal value and that's going to be the picks that have value to teams. I asked if any other bigger names will be available this summer and he said at this time, he doesn't know but he knows things will heat up some. 

Not depressing, the FA market was always bare.

I said previously, we should look at teams concerned about Luxury Tax issues - Indy, Sac, Jazz, Minny, Denver.

So guys like Clarkson, Heild etc.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Can we share ☝🏽? Like a shared yahoo personal I did with a friend about 15 years ago. We called it, 2 for 1! Date 2 guys for one 😐....

I would start an “Ask Spud 🥔 “ but I’m afraid people would think I’m the naked channel. NSFW 😐.. 🤭 what work?-Stu GET OUT! 😶 

The Spud 'n kg podcast would be the way to go.  That way we don't have to worry about AH and the other mods lookin like this every time we step over the line ..

uno1.gif

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I mention Gordon earlier before I realized he's resigned for 4 more years at 16, 18, 19, 20 mil. 

Batum would only be for his expirings contract (27 mil) and we'd need a 1st to take him.

If James Johnson is healthy and in shape he can help, also we'd need a 1st from Minny to take his expiring $16 mil.

They been low key not but shopping him. They are listening but they want a lot more than what's on the market. I see why, he's pretty good like John but his fit with Issac isn't there. You are right about Batum and Johnson and nope, they will not give up a 1st.

13 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Not depressing, the FA market was always bare.

I said previously, we should look at teams concerned about Luxury Tax issues - Indy, Sac, Jazz, Minny, Denver.

So guys like Clarkson, Heild etc.

Hield cost is too high and I do think it could be met by a couple of teams (Orlando and Philly) especially Orlando but I am not for sure. Clarkson is the one guy that might could be had. I know Utah has made his rep know they would like to reup and JC is open so it won't be easy but money talks. 

I think something like a PHI 2021 1st, Richardson, Zhaire Smith, and Mike Scott for Buddy Hield and Justin James will do. 

Edited by NBASupes

17 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

If we doin this we gotta keep Teague another year. Wake forest power!

• Haha 1