Ask Supes

NBASupes

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Even Vince :spiteful:.

What about Bembry and Jones and Teague and Graham?

Teague yes for the right price.  I think Bembry could be useful if utilized correctly.  No to Jones and Graham.  H-ll no to Vince Carter!  I still have nightmares about Carter entering games to play power forward!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
42 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I actually like Donovan Mitchell and his game but I don't think trying to fit him and Trae would work because of Trae's limitations and Donovan's size, even if he's a good defender. 

Your ideal case would probably be to acquire a young veteran that can play good defense, is 6'5"-6'6", shoots the 3 well, and can cut off ball/dribble drive at least a little... Now who fits this...I don't know.

I'd like to see Reddish grow some more, but it doesn't hurt to add another wing.

The FA class is underwhelming with starting SGs that would fit all the criteria.

Screenshot_20200411-192725_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I still have nightmares about Carter entering games to play power forward!

V.......C.... 4 ..3333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333.

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Teague yes for the right price.  I think Bembry could be useful if utilized correctly.  No to Jones and Graham.  H-ll no to Vince Carter!  I still have nightmare Carter entering the games to play power forward!

So this would be your Roster:

Trae Young, Jeff Teague
Cam Reddish, Kevin Huerter
DeAndre Hunter, DeAndre Bembry 
John Collins, Bruno Fernando
Clint Capela, Dewayne Dedmon

Draftees: James Wiseman or Obi Toppin

Brandon Goodwin - Yes or No?

Skal LaBissierre - Yes or No?

Which Free Agent are you targeting to round out the roster?

2 hours ago, Buzzard said:

I just do not agree on trading Huerter. Huerter shoots .387 from three on six attempts per game. We need to add; not subtract when it comes to shooters. We only have five players who shoot over .350 from three and Graham, who is one of them, may not be back next season. Add a shooter or two and lets see what this team can do.

I do agree an assessment may be in order after the draft and the free agent dust settles. But I am hoping like hell Schlenk spends his money well this year since he has very little competition from other teams.

The Huert's 3-ball % is only going up too. He's capable of 40% on 6+ attempts.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

So this would be your Roster:

Trae Young, Jeff Teague
Cam Reddish, Kevin Huerter
DeAndre Hunter, DeAndre Bembry 
John Collins, Bruno Fernando
Clint Capela, Dewayne Dedmon

Draftees: James Wiseman or Obi Toppin

Brandon Goodwin - Yes or No?

Skal LaBissierre - Yes or No?

Which Free Agent are you targeting to round out the roster?

Goodwin is cheap and might improve his offense so yes.  Is Skal ever healthy?  on the fence with Skal because I've never seen him play.  As far as free agent targets, I would go cheap back up small forward and power forward if we don't get Toppin in the draft.

3 minutes ago, hazer said:

What the? The world has turned upside down when Peo writes a post I have to double-take wondering if I wrote it. Change your avatar 😜

Man Spud’s just being a punk a$$ 😐 🤨 hold up dereee I believe I confused 🤷‍♀️ myself right there a bit aye?

• Haha 3

If we happen to win the lottery and take Edwards you’d have to believe the need or search for another 2 or 3 in free agency just wouldn’t happen.

There wouldn’t be a good reason to spend any major cap space on a vet SG or SF in my opinion (maybe a very cheap one who isn’t expecting much playing time and more so being a locker room voice)....I understand the young wings need someone to follow but that would just be too much young talent at the 2 & 3 to not play.

Huerter - SG

Edwards - SG

Hunter - SF

Reddish- SF (but the one wing we have that can effectively and impactfully play both spots at the 2 & 3)

......I know some will say if we roll with a young wingman rotation it would lessen our chances to make the playoffs but I disagree for the East. I think it’s important that young players learn from vet leadership but if I had to pick what positions we need a very good vet at who will need to play purposeful minutes it would be backup point guard and big man positions. It takes young bigs longer to develop over other positions so I’d rather we have more a vet big man rotation right now.

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, JTB said:

If we happen to win the lottery and take Edwards you’d have to believe the need or search for another 2 or 3 in free agency just wouldn’t happen.

There wouldn’t be a good reason to spend any major cap space on a vet SG or SF in my opinion (maybe a very cheap one who isn’t expecting much playing time and more so being a locker room voice)....I understand the young wings need someone to follow but that would just be too much young talent at the 2 & 3 to not play.

Huerter - SG

Edwards - SG

Hunter - SF

Reddish- SF (but the one wing we have that can effectively and impactfully play both spots at the 2 & 3)

......I know some will say if we roll with a young wingman rotation it would lessen our chances to make the playoffs but I disagree for the East. I think it’s important that young players learn from vet leadership but if I had to pick what positions we need a very good vet at who will need to play purposeful minutes it would be backup point guard and big man positions. It takes young bigs longer to develop over other positions so I’d rather we have more a vet big man rotation right now.

Actually I hate Edwards as a prospect but if we drafted him, there is no way he would start over Reddish.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Actually I hate Edwards as a prospect but if we drafted him, there is no way he would start over Reddish.

Edwards will be considered a bust until his 2nd or 3rd team when he'll become a useful sub.  No way that's my #1 pick.

Also, when did you start using spud's avatar?  It's really confusing.

Edited by kg01
  • Haha 4

16 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Edwards will be considered a bust until his 2nd or 3rd team when he'll become a useful sub.  No way that's my #1 pick.

I agree with you. I initially liked him as a basketball 🏀 baller type, then I thought, why do we need a straight up one on one guy who is at time a volume shooter. I honestly would have a tough call if we got the first pick. I would probably go Wiseman at 1 at the moment or trade out.

• Like 2