• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

24 minutes ago, kg01 said:

agree with Peo here. 

@kg01 agree with what? My initial post was saying I WOULDN’T trade Collins for Mitchell. Peo basically agreed with my post but didn’t like it and just rephrased it. Yup, same guy that won’t pay up on his lost bet. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I can't believe I'm gonna say it but ... I agree with Peo here.  Mitchell is very much the product of UTA allowing him to jak up shots willy-nilly.

People need to recognize the Jazz teammates were souring on him and his shot selection well ahead of the Corona stuff.  Folks blame Conley for their struggles but it was more on Mitchell's inefficiency.  Him with Trae would be .... no bueno imho.

I just saw 2-3 more reports regarding these problems the jazz are having . It’s all rumors until one is dealt or involved in a trade that has legs is what is said about all feuds ...even though I personally believe the issues are very much real between these two .

that said I wonder if the jazz would rather hold on to Gobert over Mitchell based on what you and @Peoriabird stated above. I can’t disagree with what you both stated but Mitchell was the only offense for the team basically taking over Gordon Hayward’s role while he was with them. The offense is much better this season though as a whole I will admit 

10 minutes ago, AHF said:

Up to him to honor his word.  Not going to highjack anyone's avatar to make them live up to bet.  Now if kg starts hosting nekkid pictures of Spud in his avatar, I will highjack that thing so fast your head will spin.

That sounds fair. 😊 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, JTB said:

No I fully understood you the first time in the other thread....my point is..is that’s a starting caliber player that they’re looking for apparently at SG spot, not that it’s LaVine necessarily. But the other SGs “your guy” mentioned as targets ...Harris, Booker, Hayward...and now Mitchell suggest that the front office is openly searching for a starting caliber SG and perhaps not ready to continue starting any combination of Huerter, Reddish, Hunter at the same time right now. NOT that they’re done with any of the core young players ( definitely not saying that!) .... but most of the targets your guy is hearing happens to be starting level SGs . ijs 

not that we’re going to get any of these guy for sure but to me ...putting two and two together sounds like there’s a priority to get a young vet starting SG beside trae, start one young core at wing (Reddish or Hunter) and just continue to bring the other young core wings slowly instead of forcing so many young guys in the starting lineup at once.

if you think about it , it makes a lot of sense if the playoffs is the next step next season and that’s why I believe the targets your guy is giving. No matter if we get any of those players or not it does make more sense to get another young starting caliber vet into this very young starting lineup like Schlenk did with capela.

They see Reddish as interchangeable between 2 and 3. They see Hunter as 3/4. I don't know if any move is a strike against either player. Trae Young is the only player who Atlanta knows 100% is the franchise. Cam Reddish is getting the love and potential respect and he's easily the most beloved after Trae. Kevin and De'Andre are still loved within the org. John is John, they want him back to be resigned. 

I know and heard they want one more quality young vet to add to Capela. I don't know if that's at the expense of any current player on the roster. I know that Utah has interest in Collins and Kevin in particular but I haven't heard Atlanta has enthusiastic about trading key players. 

Atlanta is open for business is all I can say. They aren't the only one but they are open to listening.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Trae and Mitch are good friends. Would you all be willing to lose Collins as a main piece heading back? Call me crazy and I do like Donovan but I wouldn’t use Collins as a piece to get him here. Not when we have Cam and Huerter. But a Trae/Mitchell backcourt might work on the court because both can break down their man on defense easily and so somebody would be left open. This is a juicy one @NBASupes. I still like our core. I know, as a Hawks fan I’m kind of getting greedy, but we’ve built up enough assets to be snobby every now and again 😏 

Good lookin 👀 out Supes! 👍🏽 🙏🏽 

I don't know. I honestly don't know if it's worth it. Do you?

Would a backcourt of Trae and Mitchell work? Both are two smaller guards. I just don't know. I know it would make us better. Mitchell is a basket and a top tier scorer with a defensive mindset but to lose John could hurt especially if he isn't replaced right. I haven't heard we are open to moving John yet so idk.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Nope.

If most are on board with the premise that Cam is our future SG next to Trae especially defensively this trade wouldn't make sense. We'd be creating a log jam at SG and creating a PF void.

I agree with this but what if the Schlenk and company offered the Jazz our 2020 lottery pick + Huerter + Hunter for Jazz 2020 pick + Mitchell + Filler (Royce Oneale) ?

Hawks starters:

Trae, Mitchell, Reddish, Collins, Capela

Jazz starters:

Hawks lottery pick, Clarkson, Bogdanovic, Gobert, Conley

you don’t have to tell me the Jazz wouldn’t do it....I know 😒....but I’m so bias with hawks  it seems like a good trade to me 😂  they may lose Mitchell either way just like they ignored Hayward asking out all those years . Not that Mitchell asked to be traded but I feel it coming. 

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, JTB said:

I agree with this but what if the Schlenk and company offered the Jazz our 2020 lottery pick + Huerter + Hunter for Jazz 2020 pick + Mitchell + Filler (Royce Oneale) ?

Hawks starters:

Trae, Mitchell, Reddish, Collins, Capela

Jazz starters:

Hawks lottery pick, Clarkson, Bogdanovic, Gobert, Conley

you don’t have to tell me the Jazz wouldn’t do it....I know 😒....but I’m so bias with hawks  it seems like a good trade to me 😂  they may lose Mitchell either way just like they ignored Hayward asking out all those years . Not that Mitchell asked to be traded but I feel it coming. 

D. Mitchell ain't that good! Y'all looking at him like he is already a super star which he isn't.  Heck he just made his 1st all star game.  D. Mitchell isn't the difference maker that you are making him out to be. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I wouldn't.

Seems like an overpay for a guy that will be undersized next to Trae in our backcourt. Two 6'-1" guys??Ask @capstone21 and @Sothron about minni-me backcourts.

He's also eligible for a rookie scale contract extention like John Collins.

Would remind me of Lillard/McCollum backcourt - going nowhere fast.

Haha, you and @Spud2nique aren't friends anymore.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3