• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

• Premium Member
56 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

This has nothing to do with Trae. D. Mithell just isn't that good

I wouldn't go that far, by throwing the baby out with the bath water. He's a talented kid that still needs to work on his game, like most 3 year players.

I just don't want to pay to acquire him and how he'd fit in our backcourt next to Trae. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I wouldn't go that far, by throwing the baby out with the bath water. He's a talented kid that still needs to work on his game, like most 3 year players.

I just don't want to pay to acquire him and how he'd fit in our backcourt next to Trae. 

So if we had a different point guard, you would give up 2 high lottery picks and Kevin Huerter to acquire him?

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

So if we had a different point guard, you would give up 2 high lottery picks and Kevin Huerter to acquire him?

I already said I would not do the trade in two seperate instances, TWICE.

1. For John Collins because it would leave us with a log jam at SG and no PF.

2. Because of the cost to acquire him AND the fit next to Trae.

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I already said I would not do the trade in two seperate instances, TWICE.

1. For John Collins because it would leave us with a log jam at SG and no PF.

2. Because of the cost to acquire him AND the fit next to Trae.

You didn't answer the question but its all good

• Premium Member
Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

I already said the cost to acquire him is too high!

Your statement included Trae in the equation.  I don't think he is worth 2 lottery picks and Huerter even if we didn't have Trae but someone thought he was.  Sounds like we both agree on that which is great!😍

13 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Your statement included Trae in the equation.  I don't think he is worth 2 lottery picks and Huerter even if we didn't have Trae but someone thought he was.  Sounds like we both agree on that which is great!😍

Listen @Spud2nique ... oh wait sorry.  Got you mixed up because of the avatar.  My mistake.

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I already said the cost to acquire him is too high!

I don't know the cost to acquire him. It could be reasonable, but that shit @JTB posted would make Atlanta or any team hurl. That's highway robbery. 

To me, a fair deal for Mitchell or Booker is a young player like Kevin, a top 5-10 draft pick or future top 5-10 protected 1st. Basically something around the range GS got for D. Russell/MIN. 

Any deal that includes John Collins is likely a no go. Any deal that includes Hunter or Reddish is highly likely a no go. Even trading Kevin is a tough pill to shallow considering his projections. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

So we trade 2 lottery picks for a much better player in Doncic but will offer 2 lottery picks and Huerter for Donovan Mitchell???  I don't get it!

There is zero chance any team does this for Mitchell or Booker. That's a Kawhi type haul. Neither of these two guys are proven winners. Gobert has been the most impactful Jazz for years. 

• Thanks 4

On 4/10/2020 at 3:03 PM, sturt said:

Huerter would seem to be especially vulnerable to a trade at some point, but I for one would be very surprised to see any trades involving our current roster until after the draft, and at some point after July 1 when the free agent market begins to become clear who's likely going where. Emphasis on "current roster." I could see swinging a deal involving our pick.

I just do not agree on trading Huerter. Huerter shoots .387 from three on six attempts per game. We need to add; not subtract when it comes to shooters. We only have five players who shoot over .350 from three and Graham, who is one of them, may not be back next season. Add a shooter or two and lets see what this team can do.

I do agree an assessment may be in order after the draft and the free agent dust settles. But I am hoping like hell Schlenk spends his money well this year since he has very little competition from other teams.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

My 1st response was I wouldn't.

Trae was a byproduct mention of the roster construction after the trade.

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I don't know the cost to acquire him. It could be reasonable, but that shit @JTB posted would make Atlanta or any team hurl. That's highway robbery. 

To me, a fair deal for Mitchell or Booker is a young player like Kevin, a top 5-10 draft pick or future top 5-10 protected 1st. Basically something around the range GS got for D. Russell/MIN. 

Any deal that includes John Collins is likely a no go. Any deal that includes Hunter or Reddish is highly likely a no go. Even trading Kevin is a tough pill to shallow considering his projections. 

I was referring to JTB's price being too high. 

Agree on your fair deal assessment for Booker and Mitchell. Russel value.

28 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

To me, a fair deal for Mitchell or Booker is a young player like Kevin, a top 5-10 draft pick or future top 5-10 protected 1st. Basically something around the range GS got for D. Russell/MIN

Ok Supes so basically the same deal I posted but without hunter. So check this I was looking at this from Utah’s standpoint as well. Mitchell is Utah’s trae young to them in my opinion (so is Booker to a PHX) and you’re not getting either player in my opinion with only offering Huerter and our lottery pick alone unless maybe that pick becomes number 1. But I’d admit though that is a bad deal now that I go back and look at it but hey I was just trying to sweeten the deal if it means we can land an additional all star as most see Mitchell as a rising star though @Peoriabird says otherwise. But perhaps  @Peoriabird is right and Mitchell wouldn’t be worth trading for.

i may not do my original deal but I’d still be interested in seeing a backcourt of Trae and Mitchell. I get it that small backcourts aren’t feasible @JayBirdHawkbut Mitchell plays defense! I don’t think you can look at the blazers small backcourt of Dame & CJ in comparison to one of Trae & Mitchell because Mitchell atleast so far in his career is a good defender though he’s a small 2 where as CJ isn’t. If you HAD to pick another small backcourt player to start next to Trae, Mitchell is probably the best option since he’s a small guard who defends.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, JTB said:

Ok Supes so basically the same deal I posted but without hunter. So check this I was looking at this from Utah’s standpoint as well. Mitchell is Utah’s trae young to them in my opinion (so is Booker to a PHX) and you’re not getting either player in my opinion with only offering Huerter and our lottery pick alone unless maybe that pick becomes number 1. But I’d admit though that is a bad deal now that I go back and look at it but hey I was just trying to sweeten the deal if it means we can land an additional all star as most see Mitchell as a rising star though @Peoriabird says otherwise. But perhaps  @Peoriabird is right and Mitchell wouldn’t be worth trading for.

i may not do my original deal but I’d still be interested in seeing a backcourt of Trae and Mitchell. I get it that small backcourts aren’t feasible @JayBirdHawkbut Mitchell plays defense! I don’t think you can look at the blazers small backcourt of Dame & CJ in comparison to one of Trae & Mitchell because Mitchell atleast so far in his career is a good defender though he’s a small 2 where as CJ isn’t. If you HAD to pick another small backcourt player to start next to Trae, Mitchell is probably the best option since he’s a small guard who defends.

I'm not saying he isn't a good defender but it helps being on a team that actually defends and also have Rudy Gobert as a backstop. He's also played adjacent to a bigger PG that plays defense in Rubio.

Actually, having given this some thought,  IF I had to pick another small guard to play alongside Trae, I think I'd take Fred VanVleet. He won't be competing with Trae for the ball on offense, more of complimentary fit and he plays defense. (And No, I did not say he's better than Mitchell)!

• Like 2

I actually like Donovan Mitchell and his game but I don't think trying to fit him and Trae would work because of Trae's limitations and Donovan's size, even if he's a good defender. 

Your ideal case would probably be to acquire a young veteran that can play good defense, is 6'5"-6'6", shoots the 3 well, and can cut off ball/dribble drive at least a little... Now who fits this...I don't know.

I'd like to see Reddish grow some more, but it doesn't hurt to add another wing.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I'll be honest, I'm looking forward to seeing Cam and Hunter as our starting wings!  Hunter and Cam look like they will likely mature into  38-40% 3 point shooters.  Both Hunter and Cam just have to work on being better finishing around the basket and drawing fouls like Trae did after his rookie season of course but I don't think we need to trade for anyone to make this team better.  Drafting Wiseman or Toppin along with resigning all of our players especially Collins would make this team a force in the East for the next 10 years and with the right coach, a championship contender.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I'll be honest, I'm looking forward to seeing Cam and Hunter as our starting wings!  Hunter and Cam look like they will likely mature into  38-40% 3 point shooters.  Both Hunter and Cam just have to work on being better finishing around the basket and drawing fouls like Trae did after his rookie season of course but I don't think we need to trade for anyone to make this team better.  Drafting Wiseman or Toppin along with resigning all of our players especially Collins would make this team a force in the East for the next 10 years and with the right coach, a championship contender.

Trust me I’m ok with this ! We don’t have to go after starting caliber SGs ....reddish has so much high potential it’d be hard not to start him if I were LP. (Hunter too)

• Like 1

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Even Vince :spiteful:.

What about Bembry and Jones and Teague and Graham?

I do agree regarding the combo of Reddish and Hunter.