• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Blunt91 said:

Hey Supoes Sarah Spencer just reported that Jones, Brown Bembry & Skal will become unrestricted Free Agents. Does this mean we are not bringing Skal back?  Also Brandon's contract will become fully guarantee. 

4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Skal is said to be the one of the targets to come back to Atlanta but he's not going to cost much at all. I don't know what his QC is but maybe it's too high for the Hawks.

Skal's caphold is $7 million, too much to keep. Hi QO is $3.4 mil. Brandon Goodwin's deal gets guaranteed at $1.7 mil. So our capspace is ~$42 million.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Skal's caphold is $7 million, too much to keep. Hi QO is $3.4 mil. Brandon Goodwin's deal gets guaranteed at $1.7 mil. So our capspace is ~$42 million.

Goodwin's contract is basically the 2nd year minimum. Skal isn't worth 3.4 million per.

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Goodwin's contract is basically the 2nd year minimum. Skal isn't worth 3.4 million per.

I'm guessing we use our capspace on trades and FAcy before resigning Skal if that's the route. 

I think we have a $4.7mil  Room exception that we can use a portion of it on Skal if we use all our capspace prior to bringing him back.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Oh no.  Lamian Jones may not be back.  I are so concerned ...

giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e47wocrl7d18im5c8ujf

Here's something to think about ....

What, y'all didn't know kg was bilingual?

Denver Nuggets are the front runners to sign Facundo Campazzo as reported by Chema de Lucas

But what's it mean, kg?  What's it mean?  Shiii, I dunno.  This's the 'Ax Supes' thread.  But I wonder if this makes Monte Morris, long-term basketball crush, expendable in DEN.

As many of you know, I've wanted Morris on my team since he was a junior in high school (was a GT recruit).  Really solid kid and player.  Excellent young-vet backup point target.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
49 minutes ago, mrhonline said:

Skal seems to want to be in Atlanta but I'm not sure where he fits now.

We still need good depth if we are trying to make the playoffs. Unlike last year when both lottery picks started, Unless OO comes out the gate like Trae I think he'll be brought along slowly. He won't be thrown to the wolves like Cam and Hunter.

12 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

So as of this moment, here's where we stand, I think:

PG:  Trae / ??? / Goodwin

SG:  Cam / Huerter / ???

SF:  ??? / ??? / ???

PF:  JC / Hunter / ???

C : Capela / Dedmon / Bruno / Okongwu

The next few days are going to be interesting.  

Hunter is primarily SF, Cam can play (guard) SF, Gwu will probably backup JC some at PF.

To my mind, we need a defensively oriented combo guard with a low turnover rate, and a veteran SF with maturity and leadership for a 7th man type role.  That's all I want to see us do in FA.  

I won't be hurt if we get Hayward, but it's not like we need him badly.

11 minutes ago, txsting said:

Hunter is primarily SF, Cam can play (guard) SF, Gwu will probably backup JC some at PF.

To my mind, we need a defensively oriented combo guard with a low turnover rate, and a veteran SF with maturity and leadership for a 7th man type role.  That's all I want to see us do in FA.  

I won't be hurt if we get Hayward, but it's not like we need him badly.

Actually, we do need him badly if we want to compete for a middling playoff seed.

GH was pretty darn good last season and the best free agent not named AD.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NBASupes dijo:

I want to see him back, specially now that we have 2 non shooting bigs in Capela and Okongwu, I really hope we find a way to sign him, I think he cam contribute on a 15-20mpg role and play good for us.

7 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Actually, we do need him badly if we want to compete for a middling playoff seed.

GH was pretty darn good last season and the best free agent not named AD.

I like Hayward, but Jae Crowder would be just fine for now.  I want Hunter and Cam to have space to develop, we're not winning anything in 2021, Hayward or no.  GH will cost a lot of money and probably won't be a part of future Hawks glory, if any is coming.  

• Like 1

hace 31 minutos, NBASupes dijo:

He was always going to be the 5th big with a chance to fight to be higher in the rotation 

I have faith he can make Dedmon tradable. I see his season at Portland and I think he can play better than Dedmon. I have my doubts on defense but on offense he is better.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
58 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

So as of this moment, here's where we stand, I think:

SG:  Cam / Huerter / ???

SF:  ??? / ??? / ???

PF:  JC / Hunter / ???

The next few days are going to be interesting.  

Until FAcy concludes:

SG:  Cam / Huerter /Mays

SF:  Hunter / ??? / ???

PF:  JC /??? / ???

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Until FAcy concludes:

SG:  Cam / Huerter /Mays

SF:  Hunter / ??? / ???

PF:  JC /??? / ???

I was doing the same earlier, since most of our wings play multiple positions, it looks more "empty" than it really is. 

Guards: Trae, Goodwin (Sign 1)

Wings: Cam, Hunter, Huerter, Mays (CP), (Sign 2)

Bigs: Collins, Capela, Dedmon, Onkongwu, Bruno

Hopefully, Hayward is one of the wings. Then the second one should be a guy that's more of a 3/4 tweener like Hunter.

• Like 2