• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

36 minutes ago, txsting said:

I like Hayward, but Jae Crowder would be just fine for now.  I want Hunter and Cam to have space to develop, we're not winning anything in 2021, Hayward or no.  GH will cost a lot of money and probably won't be a part of future Hawks glory, if any is coming.  

Cam/Heurter can still get 26- 28 minutes a night.  That's not going to hinder their development.  Jae Crowder isn't helping with secondary ball handling. Jae Crowder's shooting is hit or miss.  Gordon Hayward is an all around better player than Jae Crowder and the Hawks need better players.  Gordon will not impede our young wing's development. If anything, he will help them with on the court development.  Vince Carter helped with the mental side and I believe Hayward will help with the on court side of things. 

• Like 2

My post draft wish list: Sign Hayward, trade Dedmon and OKC pick for George hill and sign Gallo to back up JC. Bring back Skal too to compete for 5th/6th big man spot. 

Pg: Trae/Hill/Goodwin

SG: Cam/Huerter/Mays

Sf: Hayward/Hunter

Pf: Collins/Gallo

😄 Capela/Okongwu/Bruno/Skal

• Like 3

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, DS5 said:

My post draft wish list: Sign Hayward, trade Dedmon and OKC pick for George hill and sign Gallo to back up JC. Bring back Skal too to compete for 5th/6th big man spot. 

Pg: Trae/Hill/Goodwin

SG: Cam/Huerter/Mays

Sf: Hayward/Hunter

Pf: Collins/Gallo

😄 Capela/Okongwu/Bruno/Skal

I really like George Hill as a vet back up next to Trae. Small school guy who's had to work for everything he's gotten and a true pro.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

So are we making moves? Need a wing and back up PG. Should have tried harder for Rubio. We need real players, not scrubs or leftovers. 

Rubio, #25 and #28 went for the #17 pick, what should we have offered?  What did we have to realistically beat that?

(As an aside that was the same pick we used to get Capela)

• Like 2

hace 9 minutos, JayBirdHawk dijo:

Rubio, #25 and #28 went for the #17 pick, what should we have offered?  What did we have to realistically beat that?

On the other side Josh Richardson was really cheap and I think we should have tried to get him. He would have been a hug huge improvement for us. I would have even sent Huerter for him and a first, Huerter is better asset than Seth Curry.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, gurpilo said:

On the other side Josh Richardson was really cheap and I think we should have tried to get him. He would have been a hug huge improvement for us. I would have even sent Huerter for him and a first, Huerter is better asset than Seth Curry.

so if he went cheap, why are you sending Huerter AND a 1st?

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Good GMs find a way, look at all the moves Morey is making already. We need a solid wing and a solid point guard, we have absolutely no bench. Otherwise, if Cam or Deandre struggle in year two we might be trouble.

• Premium Member
Just now, bleachkit said:

Good GMs find a way, look at all the moves Morey is making already. We need a solid wing and a solid point guard, we have absolutely no bench. Otherwise, if Cam or Deandre struggle in year two we might be trouble.

1. I'm asking you based on what Rubio went for, what you would have been wiling to offer for Rubio?

2. Yes we need a bench - FAcy starts tomorrow

• Like 3

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Bear in mind that this trade was driven because OKC had targeted and wanted the big Euro.  They were trading up to get him.  We could not facilitate their move to get him without trading for the #17 (or some earlier pick).

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Get two of these guys.

I'll take Hayward, DJJ (cheaper 3/4 of the group), and trade for George Hill.

Guards: Trae, Hill, Goodwin

Wings: Reddish, Hayward, Hunter, Huerter, DJJ

Bigs: Collins, Capela, Okongwu, Fernando (traded Dedmon in deal for Hill)

• Like 3

hace 32 minutos, JayBirdHawk dijo:

so if he went cheap, why are you sending Huerter AND a 1st?

You read it wrong, I would trade Huerter for Richardson and a first. Similar to what Dallas received for Seth Curry. I cannot find other player that would match Seth Curry production.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

No offense to @Supes or anyone else,  but I will believe the Gordon Hayward trade when the NBA announces it.  The reason I say this is because we all know how slimy the Celtics front office is.   I dont believe Schlenk will be fleeced and if they get off track there will be no deal.  

• Like 4