• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Raptors

lethalweapon3

16 hours ago, AHF said:

Looking forward to Teague’s first good game with us where he looks starter worthy.  We’ve gotten too much of the Teague I was not sorry to see go.

Might have to draft a PG for the bench afterall..

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Teague has been alright.  his per36 with the Hawks is 10/8.  He's averaging almost 5 assists/game in limited time. 

Trae has been booty sweat. If he plays like this the entire year there is zero chance we make the slightest attempt at keeping him. Maybe that's his plan???

• Confused 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

Well, when you are getting a half season trial for the price of Allen Crabbe, you are getting it for free.  If we have to use the Brooklyn pick or go find a FA, so be it.  At least we'll know a lot more about his status and the fit.

Agreed, we got Teague for absolutely free so whatever. If he doesn't work out, he doesn't work out, and we are exactly where we would be if we hadn't made the move to begin with. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
34 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Trae has been booty sweat. If he plays like this the entire year there is zero chance we make the slightest attempt at keeping him. Maybe that's his plan???

You not watching the games?   Teague has spread the ball around to all the players on the court.  He could be averaging 16 pts a game but he is helping the youngins.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, AHF said:

Well, when you are getting a half season trial for the price of Allen Crabbe, you are getting it for free.  If we have to use the Brooklyn pick or go find a FA, so be it.  At least we'll know a lot more about his status and the fit.

Anything is better than watching Allen Crappe ... (pause for applause)....  'bad body language' his way to mediocre results every night.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, terrell said:

What makes you say that?

Trade talks are stalling and the NBA beat writers are already reporting this is my basis.  I believe TS is trying but he dont want to give what the Thunder wants for Adam's.  The Thinder are winning and in playoff contention so they are not inclined to trade Adam's.  The Thinder want to move Gallo first and foremost because he is 31, big salary,  and injury prone, Adam's is 26 and plays most of the games.  

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Vol4ever said:

You not watching the games?   Teague has spread the ball around to all the players on the court.  He could be averaging 16 pts a game but he is helping the youngins.  

He's been horrid... not that it's completely his fault. He is often out there with another PG and Teague can't play off the ball, never could. People forget we tried it in stretches with Schröder and Teague and those lineups were always a failure. 

• Sad 1

• Moderators

I feel like the criticism of Teague is based entirely on that he hasn't scored much.   So far he's looked exactly like Jeff Teague to me.  Jeff Teague surrounded by a bunch of guys he's never played with before.  Not sure what we were expecting. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I feel like the criticism of Teague is based entirely on that he hasn't scored much.   So far he's looked exactly like Jeff Teague to me.  Jeff Teague surrounded by a bunch of guys he's never played with before.  Not sure what we were expecting. 

I don't find a lot of value in a non-assertive Jeff Teague.  His lack of aggression was the main reason I was fine going with Dennis and trading him for Prince.  

We could badly use a scoring threat at PG off the bench and so far in Atlanta he is shooting less often and less accurately (at least per FG%) than any season in his career so far.  SSS for sure so the point of him being in a new situation is fair but it isn't just the raw shots either.  It is also that he is avoiding contact right now with his FT rate dropping from 5.5 FTA/36 in Minnesota to 1.7 FTA/36 here.  That results in a drop from his normal ~17 points/36 to an anemic 10.7 pp36.  (Goodwin is 17.9 pp36 by comparison).

So we need more from him.  Hopefully we will get exactly that once he gets comfortable.  It is early after all.  

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I'll give him a pass on no practice and unfamiliarity with teammates but I see the same flaws. 

He's hesitant to shoot when open and not aggressive. He's also been playing offguard and not so much running point.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'll give him a pass on no practice and unfamiliarity with teammates but I see the same flaws. 

He's hesitant to shoot when open and not aggressive. He's also been playing offguard and not so much running point.

He has never been good at this.  

• Like 1