• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Grizzlies

lethalweapon3

21 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Dwayne Dedmon is done. His shot is not coming back. This is more than a shooting slump.

What about TRae and HUnter? You gotta any info on them?

1 minute ago, Plainview1981 said:

I was skeptical of the move.

I was supportive of the move for Capela, but I’m starting to wonder if he will be another Ratliff/LaPhonzo Ellis.

I thought he was supposed to be healthy soon. It doesn’t look like that will be the case.

I'll give it time. The Hawks need some f***ing impact role players. Get Harrell, Joe Harris. 

On 3/7/2020 at 10:36 PM, KB21 said:

Hmm.  JJJ had a very good BPM for a rookie.  Face it.  You lost.

He was in the negatives too. 

Irl, I would have dealt with you for a fraud bet. I didn't even research it to realize it was a fraud deal. I did it because based on all of the other [metrics] like WS, I knew Bagley would have a good one. I didn't realize this was some [metric] 99% of rookies look like [garbage] for. 

If you were so confident, you should have bet WS like I stated to begin with. 

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I'll give it time. The Hawks need some f***ing impact role players. Get Harrell, Joe Harris. 

YOu really think Harrel wants to come here after playing for the Clippers?

3 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Well, I know Ressler is an issue, but he isn’t selling the team anytime soon.

This franchise has never had the right management. Which is why even at their best, the ceiling is alwaya somewhat low.

At this point it just comes off like more of the same. Even if Schlenk eventually cobbles together enough talent to slip into the playoffs they will not become a legit contender inder him.

11 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

This franchise has never had the right management. Which is why even at their best, the ceiling is alwaya somewhat low.

At this point it just comes off like more of the same. Even if Schlenk eventually cobbles together enough talent to slip into the playoffs they will not become a legit contender inder him.

So even if we make the PLayoffs next season he's a failure? Got it...Btw, we won 60 games, and still werent a legit contender. lol

Edited by terrell

9 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

I’d argue that they fired the best GM they have ever had in the name of political correctness.

3 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I’d argue that they fired the best GM they have ever had in the name of political correctness.

He was horrible at drafting. lol. He brought in some good FA's though..

Edited by terrell

20 minutes ago, terrell said:

He'll end up in NY..lol

Naw, he should end up in Atlanta. I don't know why some here don't want Harrell. It's a f***ing no brainer to me. The best FA we would have signed since Millsap. 

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Explain? We never rebuild with him either. 

You must have forgotten how he transitioned the team from the Joe Johnson/Marvin Williams/Al Horford/Mike Bibby days to the Al Horford/Paul Millsap/Kyle Korver/Jeff Teague team without dropping out of the playoffs.

23 minutes ago, terrell said:

He was horrible at drafting. lol. He brought in some good FA's though..

He was an average GM. In all fairness, was he that much different than BK? 

BK signed Joe Johnson in FA. 

Ferry snubbed Smoove who was looking washed to sign Millsap. Both were their signature signings. 

BK big winning trade: 

February 16, 2008: Traded Anthony Johnson, Tyronn Lue, Shelden Williams, Lorenzen Wright and a 2008 2nd round draft pick (Sean Singletary was later selected) to the Sacramento Kings for Mike Bibby.

Ferry's big winning trade: 

July 16, 2012: Traded cash to the Chicago Bulls for Kyle Korver. Chicago also received a trade exception from Atlanta.

Ferry's trade a bad contract deal was: 

July 11, 2012: Traded Joe Johnson to the Brooklyn Nets for Jordan Farmar, Anthony Morrow, Johan Petro, DeShawn Stevenson, Jordan Williams, a 2013 1st round draft pick (Shane Larkin was later selected) and a 2017 2nd round draft pick (Frank Jackson was later selected).

BK's trade a bad contract deal was: 

February 19, 2004: As part of a 3-team trade, the Atlanta Hawks traded Rasheed Wallace to the Detroit Pistons; the Boston Celtics traded Chris Mills to the Atlanta Hawks; the Boston Celtics traded Mike James to the Detroit Pistons; the Detroit Pistons traded Željko Rebrača, Bob Sura and a 2004 1st round draft pick (Josh Smith was later selected) to the Atlanta Hawks; and the Detroit Pistons traded Chucky Atkins, Lindsey Hunter and a 2004 1st round draft pick (Tony Allen was later selected) to the Boston Celtics.

Both traded players for picks: Traded John Edwards and Al Harrington to the Indiana Pacers for a 2007 1st round draft pick (Acie Law was later selected).

We traded Payne for MIN protected 1st 2018 pick which was Kevin Huerter.  

During BK's era, we never had a winning season.

During Ferry's era, we had only one winning season. 

BK era has defined by missing on draft picks, signing Iso Joe, drafting Horford, Josh Smith, being extremely athletic, and trading for Bibby. 

Ferry's era has been defined by his personal words, creating the modern NBA, signing Sap, getting a lot out of a role player like Korver, and the 60 win season. 

BK missed on Chris Paul. 

Ferry was ON Giannis and even told MIL was going to take him but decided to be stubborn which is the trait that killed him and he didn't land Giannis. 

Both are idiots. His only action as the GM of the Pels was March 1, 2019: Signed Dairis Bertāns to a multi-year contract.

Bertrans is now back in Europe, lol! 

20 minutes ago, KB21 said:

You must have forgotten how he transitioned the team from the Joe Johnson/Marvin Williams/Al Horford/Mike Bibby days to the Al Horford/Paul Millsap/Kyle Korver/Jeff Teague team without dropping out of the playoffs.

I didn't forget, it just it lasted for just two seasons as Ferry didn't get Sap or DMC's rights and was gone by that point anyway. What I do remember as well is completely refusing to move up for Giannis when everyone knew that's who Atlanta was going to draft. Not to mention, THAT'S NOT a REBUILD. That was just continued efforts which is what we always do. We did it after we traded Nique moving to Deke. 

Did we really get far with it? No. We got swept in the ECF with the worst margin of defeat of all time and they didn't even have Kyrie or Love playing that series. 

Edited by NBASupes

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I didn't forget, it just it lasted for just two seasons as Ferry didn't get Sap or DMC's rights and was gone by that point anyway. What I do remember as well is completely refusing to move up for Giannis when everyone knew that's who Atlanta was going to draft. Not to mention, THAT'S NOT a REBUILD. That was just continued efforts which is what we always do. We did it after we traded Nique moving to Deke. 

Did we really get far with it? No. We got swept in the ECF with the worst margin of defeat of all time and they didn't even have Kyrie or Love playing that series. 

Try to diminish it all you want, but Danny built a 60 win team when many of you wanted him to be an idiot like Travis and tank the team out to get Andrew Wiggins.  

He built that team without bottoming out.  He hired the best coach in Hawks history.   He was ousted because Michael Gearon Jr had a personal vendetta against him.