• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Grizzlies

lethalweapon3

35 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Try to diminish it all you want, but Danny built a 60 win team when many of you wanted him to be an idiot like Travis and tank the team out to get Andrew Wiggins.  

He built that team without bottoming out.  He hired the best coach in Hawks history.   He was ousted because Michael Gearon Jr had a personal vendetta against him.  

The end results diminished it. You are the same person always trying to knock Cam Reddish based on what a media people tell you. Before you were saying the media people are using Jaden McDaniels as an example of Cam and now you are running with always wrong Hollinger's D and sometimes 3 bullshit. When the same media which in that case was accurate said the Hawks are frauds. 60 wins was a fraud. It was likely to never happen again. It was a nice story and an amazing January but it wasn't real. Now NC will say it was Thabo's cop incident and a large part of that, I agree but you want all of the credit and everything else is all excuses. That team literally bottomed out the next season.

Hawks have had elite coaches like Lenny Wilkins, Czar, Hubie Brown, and we got an exceptional talent in LP who is a work in progress at this time. Even Woody wasn't that bad, especially defensively as his matured as a coach.

I didn't want him to be an idiot and tank. You must forget, I was all about Al Horford. I just wanted us to win games and get a chance to sign CP3 and D12 in the offseason at that time. I wasn't talking about tanking till Horford left for Boston. 

Travis did the right thing. Everything he did, I would have did but last off-season in FA. I would have signed some decent role players or traded for guys like Davis Bertrans when it was available. Travis didn't do any easy upgrades. I don't mind if it failed like in Chicago's case. I just wanted him to add more decent vets. 

Other than that, Travis been excellent. While I wanted Luka more than Trae. I'll take Cam and Trae over Luka. I didn't mind the move up for Hunter. I didn't mind the trade of Spellman either. 

That's where Memphis GM did better than Travis. Even when he sold high to get a premium asset from Miami. He got a good vet in Dieng for a trash vet in Johnson. He always is trying to win trades. TS hasn't proven that till recently and even then, has he won a trade yet is still a legit question. 

Capela for Brooklyn 1st is not a win yet. 

Dedmon and two 2nds for Len/Parker is not a win yet. Dedmon was making it look like it till the injury and now Len is making it look good for SAC. We will see. Parker since has been out of the rotation. He's trash. 

Teague for Crabbe is his first trade win. Even then, Teague looks washed but Crabbe might have been the worst player in the NBA. Such an awful trade all around. 

Spellman for Jones isn't as bad as a lost as it looked a couple months ago as both players are looking like they might not be in the NBA rotation again.

Parsons for Plumlee and Hill was a horrendous trade for Atlanta. 

His Dennis trade was a lost. 

Ferry, BK and Sund all won trades. I am waiting for TS to win one. Maybe it's Capela for Brooklyn's 1st. 

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, terrell said:

I like him one day, then he''s trash the next...Im just in my feelings tonight..lol. I see why he drove Viginia fans crazy sometimes though......I just wish we didnt have to trade up for him..LOttery Gods screwed us...

I think its coaching.  We have no set on offense, it's just whatever Trae wants to do. When Hunter is allowed to come off screens he scores in the 20s.  Our staff is inept.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I see we've gone back to having these 1 blow quarters that just kills the team. Cant keep playing from behind.

The 3 point shooting numbers....🤢. 1/21 For Young, Hunter and Dedmon....yikes. Trae should not have played.

Stay hydrated Cam.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Vol4ever said:

I think its coaching.  We have no set on offense, it's just whatever Trae wants to do. When Hunter is allowed to come off screens he scores in the 20s.  Our staff is inept.  

It's like we aren't watching the same games. I saw sets nearly every possession. We just bricked everything. We got as many if not more open threes as Memphis did. We just couldn't buy a basket. We didn't even turn the ball over that much in this game. We literally had nine going into the 4th.

Edited by NBASupes

11 hours ago, terrell said:

Hawks are the worst team in the league right now.  Cleveland and GS are better imo.

Yeah SChlenk fkd up..

I think it’s because they have Jonas. Dude is a load and works in their lineup better than he did with the Raptors. 

I think we are a different team once Capela returns and starts getting 20 boards a game.

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I think it’s because they have Jonas. Dude is a load and works in their lineup better than he did with the Raptors. 

I think we are a different team once Capela returns and starts getting 20 boards a game.

We aren't the worst team in the NBA. That's obviously Cleveland, Golden State, Detroit post trade deadline, and Minnesota post Teague trade.

Honestly, we sign Harrell, Harris or Gallinari, draft Killian Hayes, sign a 5th wing like Josh Jackson or Kenrich Williams, we are right there with the best teams. 

We literally have scored the most points in the league since Feb 1st with one of the best offenses. 

Edited by NBASupes

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

We aren't the worst team in the NBA. That's obviously Cleveland, Golden State, Detroit post trade deadline, and Minnesota post Teague trade.

I didn’t say we were that was Terrell I was just letting him know Schlenk didn’t mess up. Once Capela returns whenever we are a completely different squad. Capela busting 20 boards a game. 

Capela for us is even better than Jonas for the Grizz. 

We are in the playoffs next year barring injury. 

Just now, Spud2nique said:

I didn’t say we were that was Terrell I was just letting him know Schlenk didn’t mess up. Once Capela returns whenever we are a completely different squad. Capela busting 20 boards a game. 

I know you didn't. Even right now, we aren't the worst.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I know you didn't. Even right now, we aren't the worst.

To be honest, the Warriors play hard and I’ve seen a few quarters..I haven’t watched the Cavs in a minute but I’m guessing they aren’t playing great or anything.

@NBASupes what do you think of Paschall? 

I got Minny and the Knicks as the only 2 teams worse than us.  Neither franchise seems to know up from down.  Schlenk has some skeleton of what he wants to do I think even though building “around” one of the league’s very worst defenders and non-existent off ball players just doesn’t seem prudent to your boy.  Last night I saw Trae pull a OKC Westbrook and actually drift toward halfcourt when he got off the ball and the spacing was already out of whack.  What.

GS plays harder than us with a tried and true system in place and Cleveland can straight bully us at PG and C.  We're second to last in payroll so there’s that.  The only team with remotely as much to spend as the Hawks this summer are the Pelicans.  I smell some overpays a coming ‘round.

Edited by benhillboy

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

To be honest, the Warriors play hard and I’ve seen a few quarters..I haven’t watched the Cavs in a minute but I’m guessing they aren’t playing great or anything.

Not really that high on him but for where they got him, they did good. I actually like Jordan Poole more long term. He's one of those 9th to 10th men guys GS has been missing since the 73 win team. 

I watched a lot of Warriors games. They suck far worse than us. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

I got Minny and the Knicks as the only 2 teams worse than us.  Neither franchise seems to know up from down.  Schlenk has some skeleton of what he wants to do I think even though building “around” one of the league’s very worst defenders and non-existent off ball players just doesn’t seem prudent to your boy.  Last night I saw Trae pull a OKC Westbrook and actually drift toward halfcourt when he got off the ball and the spacing was already out of whack.  What.

GS plays harder than us with a tried and true system in place and Cleveland can straight bully us at PG and C.  We're second to last in payroll so there’s that.  The only team with remotely as much to spend as the Hawks this summer are the Pelicans.  I smell some overpays a coming ‘round.

Beating us and being a bad matchup for us doesn't make them better. They have a worse record, can't guard no one and offense is worse than us. Saying they beat us is trash. 

Golden State has the worst record in the NBA for a reason. The whole, they play hard is silly. They play hard and lose harder on a nightly basis. 

I don't see how you think we are better than the Knicks. Since the coaching change, they played reasonably well. 

21 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Not really that high on him but for where they got him, they did good. I actually like Jordan Poole more long term. He's one of those 9th to 10th men guys GS has been missing since the 73 win team. 

I watched a lot of Warriors games. They suck far worse than us. 

When we drafted Spellman I thought we were getting a a guy with Paschall attributes. I kinda like his game. Now he’s being mentored by Draymond 🤦‍♀️ 

Poole seems nice but really really wild. Like he takes some bad shots. I know he’s a rookie but damn. 

March 25th should be interesting. Looking forward to Trae/Curry. I’m in the house 🏡! I wanna see Hunter vs Paschall. Lotta scrub fans talkin $hit that Paschall is better. Hunter needs to shut him down and light 🔥 him up.

31 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

When we drafted Spellman I thought we were getting a a guy with Paschall attributes. I kinda like his game. Now he’s being mentored by Draymond 🤦‍♀️ 

Poole seems nice but really really wild. Like he takes some bad shots. I know he’s a rookie but damn. 

March 25th should be interesting. Looking forward to Trae/Curry. I’m in the house 🏡! I wanna see Hunter vs Paschall. Lotta scrub fans talkin $hit that Paschall is better. Hunter needs to shut him down and light 🔥 him up.

I am more about how you are in your skillset, not so much your level.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

He messed up by not signing better vets this season is what IM saying...He Made Trae look like an "empty stats" player. Collins suspension didnt help, but still..Next year is HUGE for us..

3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Cleveland spanked us in Feb. lol. THeyre playing better now..