You know the names are coming

Corona-Ann

La'Corona

Cov-Cov

Rona ( already a nickname )

Coronavisa

Covdavius

It's all coming

Robert Covington’s new nicknames I guess.

Curious about the large order that never happened especially since those guys are being discussed today.

China has promised New York 1,000 ventilators, Cuomo stated today. While he praised the donation which was facilitated by Chinese Ambassador Huang Ping, Brooklyn Nets owner Joe Tsai and Jack Ma who owns the Chinese technology company Albibaba, he also said a previous order to China for 17,000 ventilators never materialized.

Seriously Kemp? This happened last night. Maybe a quick definition of "pandemic" would help him out with the very possible negative impact of this move. 

Some of the state’s most popular beaches will be allowed to reopen Friday night due to Gov. Brian Kemp’s statewide order superseding that of some city-level shelter-in-place mandates. Georgia beach communities, including Tybee Island, had closed in response to local mandates imposed to limit the spread of COVID-19, according to Candice Broce, Kemp’s director of communications. The beaches had the option to reopen at the start of the stay-at-home order’s execution at 6 p.m. Friday. “The Georgia State Patrol and Department of Natural Resources are increasing patrols on the beaches, parking lots, and surrounding areas. The highways leading to these areas will have increased patrols. Beach paraphernalia will be prohibited. All of these resources will be in place at 6 PM tonight onward,” Broce told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

• Sad 2

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Thomas said:

Seriously Kemp? This happened last night. Maybe a quick definition of "pandemic" would help him out with the possible negative impact of this move. 

Some of the state’s most popular beaches will be allowed to reopen Friday night due to Gov. Brian Kemp’s statewide order superseding that of some city-level shelter-in-place mandates. Georgia beach communities, including Tybee Island, had closed in response to local mandates imposed to limit the spread of COVID-19, according to Candice Broce, Kemp’s director of communications. The beaches had the option to reopen at the start of the stay-at-home order’s execution at 6 p.m. Friday. “The Georgia State Patrol and Department of Natural Resources are increasing patrols on the beaches, parking lots, and surrounding areas. The highways leading to these areas will have increased patrols. Beach paraphernalia will be prohibited. All of these resources will be in place at 6 PM tonight onward,” Broce told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

What a f******* moron.  You guys have to vote him out at the first opportunity.  It is like he is eager to put Georgians at unnecessary risk.  This rings so obviously of the mayor in Jaws that I'm sure that it is being memed.  What a moron.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Vol4ever said:

Good call Mr.  President.  

😐 umm I want sports back like everyone else but this is a stupid move. Can’t rush this process. We need to make sure we clear. Trump isn’t thinking clearly.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, AHF said:

What a f******* moron.  You guys have to vote him out at the first opportunity.  It is like he is eager to put Georgians at unnecessary risk.  This rings so obviously of the mayor in Jaws that I'm sure that it is being memed.  What a moron.

Trust me, I didn't vote for him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

😐 umm I want sports back like everyone else but this is a stupid move. Can’t rush this process. We need to make sure we clear. Trump isn’t thinking clearly.

Don't miss the most important statement from Silver.....they would love to lead the way in starting the economy once there was an “all clear” from public health officials, sources familiar with call told ESPN.

The NBA shut down with one positive test. They won't risk the players health.  There was a reason the NBA acted quickly and DECISIVELY....

THE FIRST REPORTS started landing in NBA commissioner Adam Silver's inbox at about the same time he was writing the eulogy for his mentor, David Stern.

It was mid-January, and news of the coronavirus in China, where the NBA has 200 employees at offices in Shanghai, Beijing, Hong Kong and Taipei, had begun indicating that COVID-19 had spread outside the epicenter of Wuhan in Hubei province.

Silver monitored the situation closely, staying in daily contact with league employees in China who were witnessing the devastating spread of the virus firsthand. 

The former commissioner's memorial was on Jan. 21at Radio City Music Hall in New York, and Silver was a featured speaker. On the same day, the U.S. confirmed its first case of COVID-19 in the state of Washington. Two days later, massive quarantines began across China as the country tried to control the spread of the virus.

The NBA began to activate its pandemic protocols from the crisis management guide it distributes internally and to teams every year.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28925716/how-nba-moved-quickly-coronavirus-testing%3fplatform=amp

So if the NBA can know this stuff, rest assured the US knew it too.

• Like 2

A leading U.S. atmospheric chemist has stated that the beach is one of the most dangerous places to be because the surf can kick up and spread the virus. Kemp just looks better and better these days. Wonder how the Georgia beaches being open plays out as in actually how long with some backlash and of course how much spread it causes.

In her research, Prather has found that the ocean churns up all kinds of particulate and microscopic pathogens, and every time the ocean sneezes with a big wave or two, it sprays these particles into the air. She believes that this new coronavirus is light enough to float through the air much farther than we think. The six-feet physical distancing rule, she said, doesn't apply at the beach, where coastal winds can get quite strong and send viral particles soaring. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/coronavirus-california-beaches-one-scientist-140029412.html

• Sad 2

• Premium Member
On 3/31/2020 at 9:54 AM, bleachkit said:

I'm looking forward to Abbot laboratories portable 5 minute test being widely available soon. I think that will be a game changer for the NBA. 

What's the update on this test?  Expected ship date was April 1st.

Is it being used now?

What's the availability of this test to the general populace?

19 hours ago, Thomas said:

Seriously Kemp? This happened last night. Maybe a quick definition of "pandemic" would help him out with the very possible negative impact of this move. 

I should put a little fact checking here.  The executive order Kemp passed  supersedes other emergency ordinances passed or whatever they call it.  If these communities want to close their beaches, they can pass a regular ordinance. It's a pain in th butt, yes, but if their laws were passed with a regular ordiance Kemps executive order doesn't affect those. 

@bleachkit and @JayBirdHawk,  I heard those 15 minute tests aren't actually good for mass testing because you can't analyze as may of those at one time as other tests.  For example, the other tests may take a few days come back, but labs can analyze hundreds at a time.  But the 15 minute tests may be need to be analyzed one by or something like that. 

I will try to find the articles I read to support all my statements above. 

Stay safe y'all.

Edited by marco102
  • Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I should put a little fact checking here.  The executive order Kemp passed  supersedes other emergency ordinances passed or whatever they call it.  If these communities want to close their beaches, they can pass a regular ordinance. It's a pain in th butt, yes, but if their laws were passed with a regular ordiance Kemps executive order doesn't affect those. 

Don't think Tybee Island has figured that out or had time to do anything yet. Maybe they will start on something on Monday? 

https://www.savannahnow.com/photogallery/GA/20200404/NEWS/404009999/PH/1

2 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Don't think Tybee Island has figured that out or had time to do anything yet. Maybe they will start on something on Monday? 

https://www.savannahnow.com/photogallery/GA/20200404/NEWS/404009999/PH/1

Yeah, see the below.

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Stay-home-order-could-roll-back-some-local-15177415.php

• Like 1