• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Coronavirus!

JayBirdHawk

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

Ohh.  Sorry, i get it now.   They are going to get much for Gobert i don't think.   But trading Mitchell is basically starting over right?  

No, they aren't starting over from all I've gotten. They want great value for Mitchell or Gobert. It seems like Mitchell will be moved to me. 

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

It also says that the person has to have COVID-19 related symptoms for that to be a possible cause of death, if not tested.

In the last example they gave on Page 6, an elderly woman had a stroke 3 years earlier.  She became sick with all of the main symptoms of COVID-19 after she was exposed to an individual who had tested positive for COVID-19.

The reason why the individual wasn't tested was because she refused to go to the hospital.

So what caused her death?  The stroke that she had 3 years earlier ( that she was living through ), or COVID-19, which ended up killing her in 5 days?

Time to stop trusting in .gov, cdc, and who... they aren't to be trusted.. WHO is taking Bill Gates money, CDC all it has going for it is its in Atlanta, I love Atlanta. Obviously.  .GOV - Trump is just a puppet.  Fauci is a crook, look up what he did with HIV/AIDs trying to scare people into thinking that was something that it wasn't as well.  He isn't even a real doctor, ask KB if an internship can only last about 2 years for a real doctor.  As for Bill Gates, OBVIOUSLY he is not a doctor, he is a snake oil salesman trying to sell a vaccine.   Fauci is with the Bill Gates Foundation, his focus is not on immunity, its on vaccination.  I am not getting that vaccination even if they hold a gun to my head and/or I lose everything, because I will not yield to a fascist state.  Forget about it!

check this out..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news-releases/nih-begins-study-quantify-undetected-cases-coronavirus-infection

I'm looking forward to the results of this study. I have taken a lot criticism from all sorts of people for consistently stating from the beginning that the number of total Covid-19 cases were being grossly underestimated and the fatality rate grossly overestimated. That the so-called experts are right and that I am wrong. Well get ready to eat some crow. This study will reveal a huge swath of the population already has antibodies to Covid-19, and with finally having a reasonably accurate numerator in hand, the correct fatality rate will suddenly shrink to a minuscule decimal. 

9 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news-releases/nih-begins-study-quantify-undetected-cases-coronavirus-infection

I'm looking forward to the results of this study. I have taken a lot criticism from all sorts of people for consistently stating from the beginning that the number of total Covid-19 cases were being grossly underestimated and the fatality rate grossly overestimated. That the so-called experts are right and that I am wrong. Well get ready to eat some crow. This study will reveal a huge swath of the population already has antibodies to Covid-19, and with finally having a reasonably accurate numerator in hand, the correct fatality rate will suddenly shrink to a minuscule decimal. 

Screams Bill Gates.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

I think most people know this is the way numbers work - particularly when testing isn’t available.  A much higher % of deaths are diagnosed than overall cases so in a perfect testing scenario the %s will come down significantly for the fatality rate.  It just doesn’t work to compare against the flu and things because this is the same undercounting methodology in play with the normal flu.  (Lots of unreported cases of the flu but nearly all flu caused deaths are captured.)

I suspect you are not immune compromised to be feeling this confident that the number will be “minuscule.”  For that portion of the population, I think they will see a number that is quite meaningful to them.

Another 1500+ dead today (in the US alone).  :sad:

• Sad 1

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Testing, testing, testing (which is still a problem in most areas) - projections are just that until standards are in place.

Don't you think it helps that the whole 'social distancing' is in place to combat the spread?

• Premium Member

Some countries in Europe are slowly reopening:

"People in the Czech Republic can now shop at hardware and bicycle stores, play tennis and go swimming. Austria plans to reopen smaller shops after Easter. Denmark will reopen kindergartens and schools from next week if coronavirus cases remain stable, and children in Norway will return to kindergarten a week later."

(Though these places weren't the hardest hit).

This makes sense.

According to Drobac, the countries preparing to ease restrictions had something in common: they were among the first in Europe to implement lockdowns or severe social distancing measures and had rapidly scaled up coronavirus testing.

"They had these things in place and as a result they are already past the peak of infections there," he said. The numbers of coronavirus-related deaths in these nations are in the tens or hundreds, rather than the thousands, he said, and "they are in a much better place because of proactive action."

This will definitely something to monitor as more restrictions get lifted to see if they can maintain low positive cases. Hopefully it does, seems like they are still limiting the number of people in say training centers/gyms etc.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AHF said:

I think most people know this is the way numbers work - particularly when testing isn’t available.  A much higher % of deaths are diagnosed than overall cases so in a perfect testing scenario the %s will come down significantly for the fatality rate.  It just doesn’t work to compare against the flu and things because this is the same undercounting methodology in play with the normal flu.  (Lots of unreported cases of the flu but nearly all flu caused deaths are captured.)

I suspect you are not immune compromised to be feeling this confident that the number will be “minuscule.”  For that portion of the population, I think they will see a number that is quite meaningful to them.

Another 1500+ dead today (in the US alone).  :sad:

Here's my point. Why is it ok for public officials to state things that are clearly not going to be accurate? Any cursory look at how these type of viral infections spread will show that millions of people will get it. H1N1 infected 60,000,000 people in 2009. Covid-19 will probably be a similar number, maybe a bit lower due to to social distancing. Experts stating exaggerated fatalities rates like 3% is not okay. Using data that is highly skewed to make your case is not okay. Lies, damned lies and Covid -19 statistics.

Edited by bleachkit

59 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Testing, testing, testing (which is still a problem in most areas) - projections are just that until standards are in place.

Don't you think it helps that the whole 'social distancing' is in place to combat the spread?

Projections that not very good. I'm ok with the measures to help prevent the spread in the near term, mostly to buy some time for testing and equipment, etc. But the doomsday projections were wrong, they just were. Sweden is not doing any extreme shelter in place measures and they not doing any worse than the rest of Europe. Instead they are doing a vulnerability based quarantine that targets the elderly and the infirm, who compromise the lion's share of Covid-19 fatalities.

• Premium Member
44 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Projections that not very good. I'm ok with the measures to help prevent the spread in the near term, mostly to buy some time for testing and equipment, etc. But the doomsday projections were wrong, they just were. Sweden is not doing any extreme shelter in place measures and they not doing any worse than the rest of Europe. Instead they are doing a vulnerability based quarantine that targets the elderly and the infirm, who compromise the lion's share of Covid-19 fatalities.

First 100 Days.

Sweden hasn't needed to because the people actually are following the guidelines set forth and being cautious. It can work in some areas.

ln Stockholm, Sweden, where the government has avoided draconian measures, issuing guidelines rather than strict rules, the Citymapper data suggests planned trips - which can include both walking and public transport - fell by 70%.

Stockholm's public transport company reported last week that passenger numbers on subway and commuter trains had halved.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

First 100 Days.

Sweden hasn't needed to because the people actually are following the guidelines set forth and being cautious. It can work in some areas.

The antibody tests will show Covid-19 has already spread it's tentacles. A huge death wave at this point is unlikely.

• Premium Member
Just now, bleachkit said:

The antibody tests will show Covid-19 has already spread it's tentacles. A huge death wave at this point is unlikely.

The graph shows what has already occured 100 days prior, not projected.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, turnermx said:

Time to stop trusting in .gov, cdc, and who... they aren't to be trusted.. WHO is taking Bill Gates money, CDC all it has going for it is its in Atlanta, I love Atlanta. Obviously.  .GOV - Trump is just a puppet.  Fauci is a crook, look up what he did with HIV/AIDs trying to scare people into thinking that was something that it wasn't as well.  He isn't even a real doctor, ask KB if an internship can only last about 2 years for a real doctor.  As for Bill Gates, OBVIOUSLY he is not a doctor, he is a snake oil salesman trying to sell a vaccine.   Fauci is with the Bill Gates Foundation, his focus is not on immunity, its on vaccination.  I am not getting that vaccination even if they hold a gun to my head and/or I lose everything, because I will not yield to a fascist state.  Forget about it!

check this out..

If this is your mindset, this goes for ALL of them, regardless of the political party they're a part of.  Because they're all involved in this, if this is a conspiracy on a global scale.

To me, there's no way you can just limit POTUS for being just a puppet, when he's calling all of the shots ... and can affect the supply chain to other countries.

Also, follow the money and see who is profiting off of this pandemic.

• Premium Member

Coronavirus: New York mass graves operations ramp up amid virus

Operations in Hart Island, which has been used to hold mass graves for 150 years, has ramped up.

New York state now has more coronavirus cases than any single country, according to latest figures.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-us-canada-52243289/coronavirus-new-york-mass-graves-operations-ramp-up-amid-virus

• Sad 4

• Premium Member

On a 45-minute call with Silver and the heads of 11 other prominent sports organizations, President Trump shared his frustration with the absence of sports and urged the commissioners to resume play as soon as possible, according to multiple sources. People close to multiple commissioners involved said they would continue to follow the advice of the health professionals, as opposed to Trump’s urges.

– via Shams Charania @ The Athletic

In public and private moments, commissioner Adam Silver has made it clear that the NBA will not return until health officials and the CDC give full clearance. If and when the NBA is able to resume its season in a “bubble” city, one preliminary plan would be a two-week quarantine where teams can utilize facilities again and players can work out in solo settings, then a two-week training camp followed by an abbreviated regular season and playoffs, sources said. It would all take place without fans, according to those sources. Many team executives are preparing for a delayed NBA draft — as late as September.

One potential scenario also discussed has the NBA entering a play-in tournament prior to the playoffs for the seventh seed and a few teams below, according to sources. But this is all fluid and these are all simply contingency plans, as Silver is well aware that the timetable will be determined by the virus.