• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Coronavirus!

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, pimp said:

Which one did u get?

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

The 💯 % polyester one. I think it was a black background with a white pacman. Haven’t gotten it yet. I liked a few of the other options too as they were like 4 pack ones but I just went single just needed one.

49 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Oh yeah.  I need that mask.  Watch it be about $20 for one.

SMH @ me looking at mask fashions.  I guess that's where we are now.

Don't get this one...this was one of the first ones that came out.

Screenshot_20200712-221229_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Don't get this one...this was one of the first ones that came out.

Screenshot_20200712-221229_Samsung Internet.jpg

Is that one cotton? I went polyester read it was better and more protective, like for others, it’s not very breathable for the person wearing it.

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Is that one cotton? I went polyester read it was better and more protective, like for others, it’s not very breathable for the person wearing it.

Cotton, yes. I didn't mind it...it's the fit I didn't like.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I’m hoping the black n white one fits ok. If not then I’m sacrificing one of the (somehow 😐) 2 Marvin Williams jerseys to make my own mask 😷 😆 I’ll even rep his 24 actually that would be too big for the face but either way his jersey is the first to get the ax! 😈 muahahahaha

• Moderators
11 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I got the same one.   I use it sometimes but have a different non-hawks one that's better.   For me this one is just too small from nose to chin.

18 hours ago, bleachkit said:

I love sports. I don't have any loyalty to the NBA or NFL specifically, but I think sports leagues that showcase the best in the world at their specific craft are a good thing. 

It’s more about the combo of corporatism and the promotion of a certain belief system than it is sports and entertainment at this point.

The promoters of this belief system pretend to hate corporations, but the truth is that they will use them (and basically anything else) when it benefits them... When it helps them control narratives and those who do not agree with them.

The people of this belief system usually complain about slavery and such things, but it barely bothers them than the NBA and the star players are in bed with slave labor China.

The promoters of this are largely unhappy people will never be happy, and they want to drag everyone else down there with them.

The “sports” leagues now are just another extension of the promotion of a belief system.

It isn’t about entertainment. 

Everything must revolve around a certain belief system. You’re not allowed to be happy about anything until the promoters if this system are happy. Which will be never.

You want to enjoy the game ? Well, you have to hear these peoples “greivences” first. 

The NFL and NBA are propaganda. Just like the 24 hour “news cycle”.

I’d love for both leagues to go broke.

Edited by Plainview1981
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

It’s more about the combo of corporatism and the promotion of a certain belief system than it is sports and entertainment at this point.

The promoters of this belief system pretend to hate corporations, but the truth is that they will use them (and basically anything else) when it benefits them... When it helps them control narratives and those who do not agree with them.

The people of this belief system usually complain about slavery and such things, but it barely bothers them than the NBA and the star players are in bed with slave labor China.

The promoters of this are largely unhappy people will never be happy, and they want to drag everyone else down there with them.

The “sports” leagues now are just another extension of the promotion of a belief system.

It isn’t about entertainment. 

Everything must revolve around a certain belief system. You’re not allowed to be happy about anything until the promoters if this system are happy. Which will be never.

You want to enjoy the game ? Well, you have to hear these peoples “greivences” first. 

The NFL and NBA are propaganda. Just like the 24 hour “news cycle”.

I’d love for both leagues to go broke.

If people want to continue to discuss this topic, please create a thread on the politics board and post the link here.  Don't want to go too far from coronavirus discussion here.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators

In March or April somone on here brought up a good question of whether any of us knew anyone with the virus.   At the time only my next door neighbor had it,  and i knew after the fact.   Now i know 4 who currently have it, one a high schooler, and there are dozens of people in a the community infected  that i don't know personally.  So at least in GA it is pretty widespread.  

I'm also seeing a lot of complaints about not re-opening schools.  And honestly my friends and neighbors are really split on this.  Some are furious that school isn't opening and insist that kids can't really get or spread it in concerning amounts.   That doesn't seem to be true at least here.  Interestingly in some countries that does seem true and others it isn't so what causes the difference is interesting.  

This i think was a concerning development for Georgians:

https://www.ajc.com/news/coronavirus-cases-from-north-georgia-youth-camp-outbreak-rising/qN0G9TG38tUX5gurg7Of3O/

This is a pretty high brow and expensive camp that took a lot of precautions.   

That represents about 18% of the 362 campers, ages 7-14, and 118 staff members, ages 16-22, at the Rabun County site. State health officials said they were not aware of any hospitalizations or fatalities stemming from the outbreak. 

Obviously i'm on the side of caution but i'm really trying to look at everything i can.   I mean there is still some good news and we are still talking about relatively small % of the population.  But i think everyone needs to get a little more serious about basic precautions and we could see more manageable numbers.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

In March or April somone on here brought up a good question of whether any of us knew anyone with the virus.   At the time only my next door neighbor had it,  and i knew after the fact.   Now i know 4 who currently have it, one a high schooler, and there are dozens of people in a the community infected  that i don't know personally.  So at least in GA it is pretty widespread.  

I'm also seeing a lot of complaints about not re-opening schools.  And honestly my friends and neighbors are really split on this.  Some are furious that school isn't opening and insist that kids can't really get or spread it in concerning amounts.   That doesn't seem to be true at least here.  Interestingly in some countries that does seem true and others it isn't so what causes the difference is interesting.  

This i think was a concerning development for Georgians:

https://www.ajc.com/news/coronavirus-cases-from-north-georgia-youth-camp-outbreak-rising/qN0G9TG38tUX5gurg7Of3O/

This is a pretty high brow and expensive camp that took a lot of precautions.   

Obviously i'm on the side of caution but i'm really trying to look at everything i can.   I mean there is still some good news and we are still talking about relatively small % of the population.  But i think everyone needs to get a little more serious about basic precautions and we could see more manageable numbers.  

Here's my story....I had been in self quarantine the last 2 weeks (ended last Thursday). I've been working from home since the shutdown in March,  but I had to do an architectural site inspection to complete a construction project, so I ventured out.  

The group consisted of approximately 20 people. 5 days after the visit, i was notified that 1 person from that group tested positive...i tried scheduling a test, i was told i had no symptoms so I was 'not eligible at this time'.  I have not heard if anyone else tested positive (i only know of one other person who was able to get a test, he was negative). Most of the team wore masks, including the person who was the confirmed positive.  I kept my team to a group of 3 to avoid being around too big a group. 

It was the worse two weeks - WAITING!  I swear I had the myriad of symptoms :blanky:.  I didn't, but the mind is a funny thing.

If I cleared my throat or sneezed, my husband would give me the :ph34r:. I checked my temperature daily, other than that, nothing to do but wait.

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, AHF said:

This is just scary:

image.pngimageproxy.php?img=&key=df12443316c1a56d

The most important to keep an on are hospitalizations, which are up a bit, but it's fair to point out that the lions share of the recent positives are younger people, many of whom are asymptomatic. Hospitalizations and fatalities are still the metrics to watch, moreso than positive cases. 

Edited by bleachkit
  • Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Screenshot_20200713-115222_Samsung Internet.jpg

I'm sure good for the hearing impaired and a good item for medical professionals to have when interacting with their hearing impaired patients.  That said, the guy on the right looks like a little like a comic book villian.  

• Haha 2

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

The most important to keep an on are hospitalizations, which are up a bit, but it's fair to point out that the lions share of the recent positives are younger people, many of whom are asymptomatic. Hospitalizations and fatalities are still the metrics to watch, moreso than positive cases. 

Texas is probably the most concerning there with hospitals turning people away and setting new records every day right now for hospitalizations relating to Covid.  

Right now Florida has over 7300 people hospitalized with the disease and since that is a lagging number, people should be concerned about what this will look like in Florida in two weeks.

On fatalities, Florida set a new record with 496 this week.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, AHF said:

Texas is probably the most concerning there with hospitals turning people away and setting new records every day right now for hospitalizations relating to Covid.  

Right now Florida has over 7300 people hospitalized with the disease and since that is a lagging number, people should be concerned about what this will look like in Florida in two weeks.

On fatalities, Florida set a new record with 496 this week.

Florida needs to be careful with their huge elderly population in South Florida. In Florida's defense, although they have been somewhat lazissez-faire overall, they have been very cautious with their nursing homes and long term care facilities.

Edited by bleachkit
  • Like 3

• Moderators
1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Florida needs to be careful with their huge elderly population in South Florida. In Florida's defense, they have been very cautious with their nursing homes and long term care facilities.

I would hope so.  They have been very not careful with a lot of other elements of their administration.  South Florida hospitals are definitely being stressed right now.  A lot of games played with the data and transparency there but what has been publicly confirmed is concerning in and of itself.  My mother-in-law is out of the state right now and I personally hope she stays away from there (where her home is located) until they get a better grasp of this situation.  Doesn't do her a lot of good if the symptoms are mild for a healthy 30 year old who transmits it to her.

• Like 2