• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Coronavirus!

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
57 minutes ago, AHF said:

I'm sure good for the hearing impaired and a good item for medical professionals to have when interacting with their hearing impaired patients.  That said, the guy on the right looks like a little like a comic book villian.  

My first thought too.

• Haha 1

On 7/12/2020 at 11:05 PM, Spud2nique said:

I’m hoping the black n white one fits ok. If not then I’m sacrificing one of the (somehow 😐) 2 Marvin Williams jerseys to make my own mask 😷 😆 I’ll even rep his 24 actually that would be too big for the face but either way his jersey is the first to get the ax! 😈 muahahahaha

I’d say ship them jerseys my way but....it’s not 2001 anymore so I’m not sure I can still rock a 3XL :stirthepot:

I haven’t confirmed but I’m seeing both Harden and Westbrook tested positive.  Interested to see how this affects the bubble, always figured it would be business as usual if the peons got infected but want to see how the experiment withstands stars going down.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MaceCase said:

I’d say ship them jerseys my way but....it’s not 2001 anymore so I’m not sure I can still rock a 3XL :stirthepot:

😂 were you really huge in 2001? It’s a size 44 jersey. I don’t wanna rip up the canary alternate one for a mask 😷 though I like that yellow. The road red might take the hit.

Does Consuela know how to sew 🧵? Oh wait, due to the world changing are we allowed to address that, if not then I didn’t 😐 

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, MaceCase said:

I haven’t confirmed but I’m seeing both Harden and Westbrook tested positive.  Interested to see how this affects the bubble, always figured it would be business as usual if the peons got infected but want to see how the experiment withstands stars going down.

They aren't in the bubble as yet. This was before they got to the bubble.

This Moderna company is starting to have really good news now. Very hopeful on this vaccine research.

A Covid-19 vaccine developed by Modern in partnership with the National Institutes of Health has been found to induce immune responses in all of the volunteers who received it in a Phase 1 study.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/14/health/moderna-coronavirus-vaccine-phase-1-study/index.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
On 7/7/2020 at 2:48 PM, macdaddy said:

This is really good stuff.   Some districts aren't as on top of it i don't think.   The best part i think is the live stream from the class room.  Regular, live classes are the way to go because the assignments only or recorded classes are just abused (at least by high schoolers).   

I'm not sure what we are looking at with high school.  Right now it seems to be on but without specific accommodations announced yet.   GA colleges are now requiring mask and making bigger classes online so that's a positive.   

If they give us the choice for high school i'm not sure what we pick. 

Cobb County starting off the year virtual. Fulton County to make an announcement at 11 .

Screenshot_20200716-103150_Facebook.jpg

• Moderators
45 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Cobb County starting off the year virtual. Fulton County to make an announcement at 11 .

Screenshot_20200716-103150_Facebook.jpg

Interesting.  Everyone accused Atlanta of going virtual as a political move.  Having Cobb chose the same route hopefully will quiet that.   I think everyone wants kids back in school, virtual is a huge headache for the school system, but we have to adjust to the times.  

• Like 1

• Moderators

Daily death count is unfortunately (but unsurprisingly) starting to creep back up to that 1k mark that we had ducked below for several weeks.  Yesterday was our first time over 1,000 since June 9.

image.png

• Sad 2

• Moderators

Thoughts and prayers for the whiplash experienced by people like Mr. Woolery this week.  Then:

“The most outrageous lies are the ones about Covid 19. Everyone is lying. The CDC, Media, Democrats, our Doctors, not all but most, that we are told to trust. I think it’s all about the election and keeping the economy from coming back, which is about the election. I’m sick of it,” [Chuck Woolery] wrote, without providing any evidence.

The message was retweeted by President Trump subsequently setting off a firestorm. During an interview with CBS News, the president defended retweeting the message: “I reposted a tweet that a lot of people feel. But all I am doing is making a comment. I’m just putting somebody’s voice out there. There are many voices. There are many people that think we shouldn’t do this kind of testing, because all we do, it’s a trap.”

Now:

On Monday, the original Wheel of Fortune host shared that one of his sons tested positive for COVID-19.

“To further clarify and add perspective, Covid-19 is real and it is here. My son tested positive for the virus, and I feel for of those suffering and especially for those who have lost loved ones,” he wrote.

More importantly, hope his son is ok.  We unfortunately lost 963 people yesterday, continuing the upward trend of late that I mentioned in my last post.  :sad:

• Sad 3

Bubba Kemp showing his refusal to acknowledge what is happening in our state and happening at this very minute to boot. Increasing cases again. Lets please not turn into Florida. He may end up busy suing a bunch of mayors in the near future.

Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp sues Atlanta's mayor to stop her from requiring masks as COVID-19 cases skyrocket.

• Confused 2

• Moderators

One more item of concern for me during a time when the White House is openly attacking Fauci and issuing statements like "we can't let the science get in way of reopening", the fact that the CDC is being cut out of the hospitalization is a significant concern.  Hopefully, this is being done for the right reasons and will improve data collection and still timely provide the CDC with all info but already having to remove hospitalization data from their website is a bad start:

The Trump administration ordered hospitals to bypass the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and send all COVID-19 patient information to a central database in Washington, starting Wednesday, according to a Health and Human Services document updated July 10.

The handoff had an immediate effect. Wednesday afternoon one of the important CDC pages that tracked changes over time in how many hospital beds in the nation are occupied by COVID-19 patients ceased working. The CDC confirmed the page's disappearance was a consequence of the switch.

• Sad 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, AHF said:

Thoughts and prayers for the whiplash experienced by people like Mr. Woolery this week.  Then:

Now:

More importantly, hope his son is ok.  We unfortunately lost 963 people yesterday, continuing the upward trend of late that I mentioned in my last post.  :sad:

How does Chuck know that the doctors who tested his son aren't lying.  smh

• Haha 1