• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Coaching!

Peoriabird

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Have you seen enough or do you need more data on LP?

Pretty much. Win or lose, his rotations have been trash this season. I'm not seeing him develop as quickly as the players on the roster are, and Kenny Atkinson sitting on the Clippers sideline gets more and more appealing as our future coach every game. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member

For those that don't have enough data on LP yet. We have extra time between Saturday's win and Wednesday's Dallas game, and that's plenty of time to adjust the game plan for the full court double, get the ball away from Trae strategy we know we'll see. Interested to see if actual adjustments are made.

• Like 1

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, BangHolman said:

For those that don't have enough data on LP yet. We have extra time between Saturday's win and Wednesday's Dallas game, and that's plenty of time to adjust the game plan for the full court double, get the ball away from Trae strategy we know we'll see. Interested to see if actual adjustments are made.

I think it's unlikely Carlisle deploys the same strategy.

11 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I don't see any egregious coaching mistakes that are the difference between this team being 11-12 and this team being 15-8.  I don't see anything that is extremely strong from coaching standpoint either.  I'm conservative when it comes to making coaching changes, and I don't support making a change for the sake of making a change.  

Welcome back with the very reasonable contribution to the conversation! 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BangHolman said:

With 4 days off they should get a practice in to work on these things. It's one thing for a coach to employ a strategy, but players need a chance to practice it on the court. 

• Like 1

Surprise!  I've noticed that, when Hawk fans list coaching candidates if Lloyd Pierce doesn't last as head coach, Becky Hammon makes the cut.  Pop says she's ready.  

Will LP be able to last out the season?  What will our Hawk team do between now and the all star break?  Right now, our play is pitiful, especially when we try to close out the 4th quarter.  

Personally, if we change coaches, I'm voting for Harmon.  I know.  I have no vote.  If I did, we would have drafted a back up PG.  Kings got him much later in the draft.

Hawks, close the door tonight in NY.  We desperately need a win.....

:smug:

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Surprise!  I've noticed that, when Hawk fans list coaching candidates if Lloyd Pierce doesn't last as head coach, Becky Harmon makes the cut.  Pop says she's ready.  

Will LP be able to last out the season?  What will our Hawk team do between now and the all star break?  Right now, our play is pitiful, especially when we try to close out the 4th quarter.  

Personally, if we change coaches, I'm voting for Harmon.  I know.  I have no vote.  If I did, we would have drafted a back up PG.  Kings got him much later in the draft.

That's Hammon.

Again, I'm not firing Pierce just to bring in another assistant coach.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Surprise!  I've noticed that, when Hawk fans list coaching candidates if Lloyd Pierce doesn't last as head coach, Becky Hammon makes the cut.  Pop says she's ready.  

If Hawks were dead last, you could take a chance on Hammon, because the team can’t get any worst.

But Hawks are not last. Despite the teams inconsistency, the team has been in a playoff spot for most of the season despite injuries to key players, They just need a experienced head coach that knows how to win.

Lloyd Pierce is not that coach and the Hawks need to move on from him before they make big decisions such as trading John Collins.

Hammon is not the right person for the job. Someone like Doc Rivers would of been perfect, but we missed the boat on him.

3 hours ago, TheBigETrain said:

If Hawks were dead last, you could take a chance on Hammon, because the team can’t get any worst.

But Hawks are not last. Despite the teams inconsistency, the team has been in a playoff spot for most of the season despite injuries to key players, They just need a experienced head coach that knows how to win.

Lloyd Pierce is not that coach and the Hawks need to move on from him before they make big decisions such as trading John Collins.

Hammon is not the right person for the job. Someone like Doc Rivers would of been perfect, but we missed the boat on him.

Kenny would hate coaching Trae. Trae makes things a lot harder for sure. I would say McMillan needs to be our next coach than we need an elite coach like Carlisle 

Pierce needs to be let go ASAP. Trae, Collins, and Capela is a 8th seed team. I said it last season after they made the trade. I say it now. McMillian should be made the interim head coach.

I am telling you its about to get much worse. We have lost 4 in a row. By the end of the month it could be 11.

• Like 1

The Hawks have two obvious problems. Having to start Reddish. Having Coach Pierce. Get Reddish to chill with the constant chucking and get a coach who understands how to get the most from his talent. The Reddish and Pierce excuses need to end soon. This team with Young, Collins, and Capela can easily push for a 8th seed.

But they cannot do it with a starter and head coach who constantly undermine the outcome. Both do it with bad choices. McMillan may be able to save Reddish with his defensive philosophy. Pierce will never get Reddish to change his chuck first mindset. Its what the Hawks current college level coach wants from him 😖

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

On 2/8/2021 at 2:19 PM, KB21 said:

I don't see any egregious coaching mistakes that are the difference between this team being 11-12 and this team being 15-8.  I don't see anything that is extremely strong from coaching standpoint either.  I'm conservative when it comes to making coaching changes, and I don't support making a change for the sake of making a change.  

I'd say the best argument would be not having to listen to his post-game comments.  That would have a lot of value.

• Like 1