• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Talk Trade Ideas!

JayBirdHawk

34 minutes ago, AHF said:

Who says no?  The #1 overall pick is offered for Cam Reddish.

Hawks:  "No."

That is my simple view with Cam.  We got him at a steal at 10 in a stronger draft.  If he had been healthy and performed in college like he did for us in 2020, he would be the frontrunner for the top pick.  

It is hard for me to see a trade of any of our core guys for a package centered around a pick in this high risk draft class.

Trades like that hardly ever happen anyway. If you trade #1 it's for an established player. And from our point of view, trading a young ascending player for another young player is not really a risk worth taking. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

People don't watch the Hawks. So please don't take it seriously. 

I thought it was funny...................And, I know a lot of people in NJ area who watch the Hawks now just because of Trae..Just sayin..

Edited by terrell

5 minutes ago, Diesel said:

While everybody is talking KCP.

I don't think KCP is much in the way of special.

My question is what about Avery Bradley.  In my mind, better defender.  Good shooter.   Cheaper.

This may have been true at some point,, but Bradley is done.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Diesel said:

While everybody is talking KCP.

I don't think KCP is much in the way of special.

My question is what about Avery Bradley.  In my mind, better defender.  Good shooter.   Cheaper.

He isn't but he's not that costly and his market is lesser than other guys. 10-12 million per is a reasonable price for KCP. 

22 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

KCP doesn't bring a whole lot either ... very inconsistent and just a decent defender.

Recency bias.  Folks gotta analyze these dudes based on what they knew prior to the bubble which, as I keep saying, was a special circumstance all the way around.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Recency bias.  Folks gotta analyze these dudes based on what they knew prior to the bubble which, as I keep saying, was a special circumstance all the way around.

Exactly. Don't overvalue the guys who played well and don't undervalue the guys that didn't.  The truth lies somewhere in the middle.

• Admin
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Im speaking from his career ... he has never impressed me ... 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Im speaking from his career ... he has never impressed me ... 

We agree.  I was saying the folks touting him now are suffering from extreme recency bias.  Ignoring the fact that he's been excessively mediocre his whole career.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, kg01 said:

I've been watching KCP since before Detroit.   He has ties here but that isn't going to make him a good defender.

I mentioned A Bradley because he's going to face some backlash in LA and he's still under 30.   He's always been a great on ball defender....and he still watches the perimeter well. I think he will sign for 1/2 of what KCP is asking and really he could put up the same nimbers.   

57 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I've been watching KCP since before Detroit.   He has ties here but that isn't going to make him a good defender.

I mentioned A Bradley because he's going to face some backlash in LA and he's still under 30.   He's always been a great on ball defender....and he still watches the perimeter well. I think he will sign for 1/2 of what KCP is asking and really he could put up the same nimbers.   

And he'll play probably a quarter of the games KCP does.  The guy is physically done.

• Premium Member

I have a mega 6 TEAM trade (my 1st one ever) based on @NBASupes Paul George to Atlanta/CP3 to LAC rumor.

I don't think PG will be happy in Atlanta and I'm still debating the risk to Atlanta.

So here goes:

MIN - #6 from Atlanta and 2022 1st (top 5 protected) from SAS (since they end up with #1) - Minny gets what they are looking for, a move down and future 1st

LAC - CP3 (41) and Derrick White (4) - Clippers move PG and Beverly to get CP3 and a back PG of the future.

ATL - #11, Dinwiddie (11/PO), Allen(4/RFA), LeVert (16). Moves down in this draft, and breaks PG into smaller assets that fills roster needs. (Atlanta can take on additional salary if needed)

SAS - #1, Beverly (13) - Spurs get the #1 pick to draft Wiseman and a replacement for White.

OKC - #19, Prince(12) - OKC gets compensation for CP3 and reduces their tax bill. $41 million is still a lot of salary.

BKN - PG (35), Dedmon (13), Bembry (3) Nets get their 3rd star to add to KD and Kyrie and a backup Center.

Thoughts? What did I miss? Feel free to move different players to different teams, add, subtract as needed, 2nds or smallers assets. I tried adding DeRozan to go to Clippers but that would invole LAC sending out more players with salaries to match the $68 mil from CP3 and DeRozan. Salaries in parentheses.

• Premium Member

The NBA lost an estimated $694 million from 258 canceled regular-season games after the league shut down in mid-March because of the pandemic.

The Los Angeles Lakers, New York Knicks, Golden State Warriors, Houston Rockets and Boston Celtics were the top-five fan-revenue losers.

The Warriors generate the most income from fans at $6 million per game, followed by the Lakers at $5.6 million and the Knicks at $5.2 million.

The average NBA gross game day fan revenue was nearly $2.7 million per game.

Adam Silver has said the league generates approximately 40 percent of its revenue from ticket sales and other game-day fan spending. 

BILL SHEA/THE ATHLETIC

It'll be interesting to see where the Cap lands, will it hold at the current $109 million? That has been the general consensus floating around.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

LAC isn't going to send PG to Brooklyn. They are trying to win a title. Sending him to a better team defeats the purpose

Haha, not unless they think he's a bad luck penny.  Which, considering how his OKC and LAC teams fared, it's kinda hard to make an argument to the contrary. 😬

• Like 1

• Premium Member
33 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

LAC isn't going to send PG to Brooklyn. They are trying to win a title. Sending him to a better team defeats the purpose

LAC needs to worry more about their own team than other teams after their epic flameout. 

Besides if Atlanta doesn't want PG and wants to reroute him LAC shouldn't care.

24 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

LAC needs to worry more about their own team than other teams after their epic flameout. 

Besides if Atlanta doesn't want PG and wants to reroute him LAC shouldn't care.

I have a hard time believing LAC sell low on PG after trading a King's ransom to get him. Firing Doc seems like a "you couldn't make this work, so let's see if someone else can make it work" move from Balmer. Also, even though CP3 just had a good season, but he's getting up there (35), and prior to last year, he's been injured seemingly every post season. That's a really big risk for LAC to take. Seems far more likely they will keep PG, try to find a good veteran point guard, move on from some of their bench guys, and run it back with Ty Lue at the helm.

Edited by bleachkit
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I have a hard time believing LAC sell low on PG after trading a King's ransom to get him. Firing Doc seems like a "you couldn't make this work, so let's see if someone else can make it work" move from Balmer. Also, even though CP3 just had a good season, but he's getting up there (35), and prior to last year, he's been injured seemingly every post season. That's a really big risk for LAC to take. Seems far more likely they will keep PG, try to find a good veteran point guard, move on from some of their bench guys, and run it back with Ty Lue at the helm.

I agree it's far more likely they keep PG as long as Kawhi still wants him.  The way I see it, LAC gave away a king's ransom not so much for PG the player but it was to ensure they got Kawhi. This is all about Kawhi, he was the prize.

Lue was there under Doc, how much different will he be, it'll be interesting to watch. 

I don't see the CP3 appeal either, like you said. He had an unexpectantly good season for OKC but I think the shutdown was able to keep him healthy throughout the postseason/playoffs.

• Like 2