• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Talk Trade Ideas!

JayBirdHawk

12 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I agree it's far more likely they keep PG as long as Kawhi still wants him.  The way I see it, LAC gave away a king's ransom not so much for PG the player but it was to ensure they got Kawhi. This is all about Kawhi, he was the prize.

Lue was there under Doc, how much different will he be, it'll be interesting to watch. 

I don't see the CP3 appeal either, like you said. He had an unexpectantly good season for OKC but I think the shutdown was able to keep him healthy throughout the postseason/playoffs.

Kawhi wants PG, he's the one that insisted they get him in the first place. It's not hard to figure out what's going on here. The veteran team leaders that were already there, Montrezl Harrell, Lou Williams, and Pat Beverly, probably weren't too thrilled about becoming water boys for Kawhi and PG. It's been widely reported there was quite a bit of tension there, especially in the bubble.
In the bubble they voted to end the season, under the guise of social justice, but really it was more about the schism between the vets and stars. Doc's job as coach was to smooth things over and win, he couldn't so he was fired. Everything here suggests PG will stay. Draft rumors are just due diligence inquiries and not much else. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

1 Surprise Trade Idea for Every NBA Team

The Trade: Atlanta Hawks acquire Derrick White from the San Antonio Spurs for Kevin Huerter.

Who doesn't love an old fashioned challenge trade?

Here, the Atlanta Hawks would secure a defender capable of handling the opposition's most dangerous backcourt opponent, shielding Trae Young from the nonstop attacks he's faced his whole career. While teams will still hunt Atlanta's high-scoring guard whenever they can, at least with White the Hawks can force them to work for the matchup they want.

White is among the NBA's best shot-blocking guards, which speaks to his length and ability to pursue ball-handlers into the lane. The San Antonio Spurs have defended better with him on the floor in each of the past two seasons, and as an added bonus, White isn't a defense-only option.

He's a career 36.4 percent shooter from deep. That's not quite in Kevin Huerter's league (38.3 percent), but White has a bit more on-ball zip, athleticism and interior scoring ability than Red Velvet.

Huerter's value to the Spurs would be in his youth and pure stroke. He's just 22, four years younger than White, and would lend offensive balance to a roster that has to compensate for DeMar DeRozan's refusal to spread the floor. His stretchy scoring would make sense for a team that already has Dejounte Murray entrenched as its defense-first point guard.

Plus, the Spurs are quietly much closer to the rebuilding stage than the Hawks. White will be due for a new deal next offseason, while Huerter is under team control through 2023. In a year, LaMarcus Aldridge and DeRozan will be gone, so Huerter's youth and upside should be of more value to San Antonio.

I have been an advocate of trading #6 for #11 and White or Murry.  This is a different one.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2914155-1-surprise-trade-idea-for-every-nba-team

• Like 1
    • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I think passing on Edwards is going to be the mistake of this draft.   I'm feeling like lots of teams are trying to keep interest in him down and feel like Hawks may be looking to trade up for him.   I'm basing this on absolutely nothing.

FWIW, I'm right there with you. 

42 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I think passing on Edwards is going to be the mistake of this draft.   I'm feeling like lots of teams are trying to keep interest in him down and feel like Hawks may be looking to trade up for him.   I'm basing this on absolutely nothing.

Haha, good you're being honest.

I do think edwards could end up being a decent player.  I just think it's gonna be for someone other than who drafts him.

• Premium Member
    44 minutes ago, terrell said:

"The New Orleans Pelicans are openly discussing star Jrue Holiday in trade talks and several contending teams are pursuing, sources tell"

Just now, kg01 said:

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47o2pphohownx1qrelmh

Jrue is on a 1 year deal.  Jrue is 30 years old.  Jrue is looking for $30 million per on his next deal (I read that somewhere).   I would be ok with #6 and an expiring Jrue and #13.  If he picks up his 2021/22 option I'd be willing to drop the #13 add-on.  

• Like 1

I don't like any Jrue trade. There is no reason to trade for an expiring all-star and lose the opportunity to add a piece to our core. We are going to need those pieces in 3-4 years when this young team matures. There is no point adding a 1 year rental to win next season, we are on growing stage, not winning stage.

Anyway I still think we can made the playoff next year but not advance to second round with or without Jrue, does not make ay difference at all.

• Premium Member
    The Phoenix Suns are building their franchise around Devin Booker, but the All-Star guard may not want to stay with the team much longer. Per Ryen Russillo on The Bill Simmons Podcast (starts at 68:00 mark), it’s “the worst kept secret” in the NBA that Booker wants to leave the Suns. Booker’s name has been floated around in trade rumors since the summer. Marc Berman of the New York Post reported in July that the New York Knicks’ hiring of head coach Tom Thibodeaux and president Leon Rose could put them in play for the 24-year-old:

• Like 1
    • Haha 2

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:
    The Phoenix Suns are building their franchise around Devin Booker, but the All-Star guard may not want to stay with the team much longer. Per Ryen Russillo on The Bill Simmons Podcast (starts at 68:00 mark), it’s “the worst kept secret” in the NBA that Booker wants to leave the Suns. Booker’s name has been floated around in trade rumors since the summer. Marc Berman of the New York Post reported in July that the New York Knicks’ hiring of head coach Tom Thibodeaux and president Leon Rose could put them in play for the 24-year-old:

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit...

On 11/2/2020 at 8:51 AM, bird_dirt said:

A LOT more. But nearly impossible I imagine. I haven't heard ANYTHING abt Wolves shopping KAT or him asking out.

But any chance to get a star cayt here, then I'm all for it. While we're at it, can we get Booker, too?

Y'all thought I was joking. 

I wish I knew how to post gifs so you could see how serious the look on my face is.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

@NBASupes

I had this crazy blockbuster idea based on what you said about the Hawks may not be waiting on 2021 FAcy and seeing the rumor of the Bucks interest in Bogdan and willing to take Barnes as well.

Hawks receive Middleton  ($33 - $40 mil )x 3 years)

Bucks receive Bogdan via SnT and Barnes (they will need to also need to move Lopez or Bledsoe)

Kings receive #6 and DVV.

• Premium Member
    On 11/4/2020 at 11:28 AM, JayBirdHawk said:

Jrue is on a 1 year deal.  Jrue is 30 years old.  Jrue is looking for $30 million per on his next deal (I read that somewhere).   I would be ok with #6 and an expiring Jrue and #13.  If he picks up his 2021/22 option I'd be willing to drop the #13 add-on.  

I think there's a market for Jrue and it's not us.

It's 

Miami.   Denver.   LAC.  Boston Philly  and  Milwaukee. 

Teams that are in need of a PG.  Like I said in another post, I see Philadelphia as really wanting somebody like Jrue.   Between Horford and Tobias, if we were middle manning the deal, give me Tobias.  He fits our needs better. 

9 hours ago, Diesel said:

I think there's a market for Jrue and it's not us.

It's 

Miami.   Denver.   LAC.  Boston Philly  and  Milwaukee. 

Teams that are in need of a PG.  Like I said in another post, I see Philadelphia as really wanting somebody like Jrue.   Between Horford and Tobias, if we were middle manning the deal, give me Tobias.  He fits our needs better. 

Of those 3 guys listed the one you didn't have coming to us in Jrue is the only one i would actually want here.  Jrue is exactly the type of 2 way SG i want next to Trae.  I would never take on Harris ridiculous contract which for what he gives is way to much.  No need to throw out his stats i know what they are and have watched him tons of times the dude is no where near worth 35 to 40 million a year over the next 4 years.   Al is self explanatory him and his family can stay away from Atlanta forever we don't need any of that trash back.

The only problem i have with Jrue is he is on a 1 year deal if we could talk him into signing a new deal with us for a few more years i would gladly take him on no problem.   Would love to get a shot a Jaylen Brown as well from the Celtics although i doubt they are going to move him.  The other guy i would have been interested in was a healthy Oladipo but i don't know if i want to chance that now with him only have 1 big season and always injured.