• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

EX-HAWKSWATCH: Pandemic Bubble Thunderdome Edition

• Moderators
On 9/16/2020 at 2:38 PM, kg01 said:

Doc is one of the most overrated coaches of all time.  Hasn't he "coached" two franchises' longest ever losing streaks (ORL and BOS iiuc).  Hasn't he also coached(sic) two teams to series defeats after leading 3-1?

If not for the Garnett "trade" (aka McHale doing his real team a solid) he was on his way to being fired in Boston.

He has all the right friends but, when it comes down to it, he doesn't get the job done in spite of his sparkling record.

Think about it.  If we could win a dang road game, we would've ousted the Smelltics in the first round in '07 as an 8-seed.  All that crap adds up.  He's nowhere near the coach his reputation would have you believe he is.

- This post was brought to you by the I.S.E. Department 😎

Indeed, but for Woody's Hawks in Game 7 of '08, would Doc have even gotten to the point of having an NBA-record eight Game 7 losses?

We need not mention him in '88 as a player. He did have 18 assists! But his Hawks needed 19, or at least a made 3.

~lw3

• Haha 1

Whaaaaa?  Discord in the Smelltics postgame lockerroom?  (not so)Smart and Jaylen Brown in a heated argument?  Objects thrown?

Probably went something like ...

JB: Bro, for a dude named "Smart" you sure take some dumbarse shots.

Other Smelltics: 🤣

(not so): Ah man, thas' why everybody like Tatum better than you.

JB: 😲  'Member that time you tried to "fight" that Bembry cat.  You got reeeel tough when I got in between y'all from about 40 feet away.

(not so): 🤬

Edited by kg01
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Apparently Brad Stevens was never that good of a coach.

I think a case can be made that their unit has peaked.  He's a good coach but, unlike most NBA eggsperts would have us believe, he didn't invent the game of basketball.  He's had issues managing egos every year.

And when are folks gonna hold Kemba to the same standard they held Kyme to?  Guy was trassh all postseason.

18 minutes ago, AHF said:

Anthony Davis and Rajon Rondo vs Bam Adebayo and Tyler Herro.  May the best Cats win!

🙄

You and @bird_dirt will be typing one-handed the whole series I bet.

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I think a case can be made that their unit has peaked.  He's a good coach but, unlike most NBA eggsperts would have us believe, he didn't invent the game of basketball.  He's had issues managing egos every year.

It was mainly a joke referencing the coach Bud thread.

In the last 7 years: 

Bud - (2 teams) playoffs 6/7, 2 first round exits, 2 semis, 2 ECF

Stevens - playoffs 6/7, 2 first round exits, 1 semis, 3 ECF

Different scenarios.  You can argue that Bud now has an MVP but i'd say Stevens has had more talented teams in general. 

• Like 2