• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Coach Bud was never that good of a coach

NBASupes

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Run a play, Milwaukee!  Geez

Bruno as Bam?  Eh ... I don't see that level of skill.

Eta.  What a dumb foul, Bam

For Bruno, it's there.  Especially from a passing standpoint.  He sets the best screens since Pero Antic.  He runs the floor.  He's show the ability to at least stay in front of people out on the perimeter.

He can be a "poor man's Bam"

As for Middleton . . . good job man.  Way to earn that contract in OT.

• Like 2

Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

For Bruno, it's there.  Especially from a passing standpoint.  He sets the best screens since Pero Antic.  He runs the floor.  He's show the ability to at least stay in front of people out on the perimeter.

He can be a "poor man's Bam"

As for Middleton . . . good job man.  Way to earn that contract in OT.

Maybe a poor man's Bam.  Call him Pop Fernando, I guess.

• Haha 2

• Moderators
18 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

There you go again putting the onus on the payers!  I remember a write up talking about how when Jeff Teague used restraint when taking 3 pointers was criticized by LB.  He ten went on to state that he wanted Teague to at least take 4 3 pointers per game regardless of situation.  Thought that was very strange.

I've never seen a quote where LP said he wants Teague to take 3's regardless of situation.  But Teague is notorious for not being aggressive with his shot taking and I'm sure LP wanted him to be more aggressive.  

We traded for a Teague who was taking 2.6 3's per game at a 38% hit rate.  We then got a Teague who passed on good shot opportunities and only put up 1.2 per game in Atlanta.  Over the prior 9 years, Teague averaged 2.85 3pt attempts per game.

I'm certain LP wanted more from Teague.  I know I was frustrated watching him be so passive. 

• Like 2

Man, I remember LeBron bragging openly at the end of the ECF in 2015 about how easy we were to figure out, and our lack of adjustments. Bud just got a one game reprieve. But I wonder what his offseason will be like. I don't think he'll get fired. But he may have to make some concessions. I've always wondered if he was given some unspoken personnel power up there. He may have to relinquish that.

• Premium Member
42 minutes ago, parfait said:

Man, I remember LeBron bragging openly at the end of the ECF in 2015 about how easy we were to figure out, and our lack of adjustments. Bud just got a one game reprieve. But I wonder what his offseason will be like. I don't think he'll get fired. But he may have to make some concessions. I've always wondered if he was given some unspoken personnel power up there. He may have to relinquish that.

I don’t think he’ll be fired, him and Giannis are supposedly close.

i do think he’ll be on the hot seat for next season though if they lose this series.

45 minutes ago, parfait said:

Buddenz with personnel power ...

snl_spittake.gif

... not if they're sane and they saw the traindumpsterfirewreck he left in Atlanta with his so-called "general" "managing"(sic).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dean Walker said:

I don’t think he’ll be fired, him and Giannis are supposedly close.

i do think he’ll be on the hot seat for next season though if they lose this series.

I agree. But I think the seat is already 🔥. If they win this series, they'd be the first 3-0 survivors in NBA history.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Buddenz with personnel power ...

snl_spittake.gif

... not if they're sane and they saw the traindumpsterfirewreck he left in Atlanta with his so-called "general" "managing"(sic).

Yeah, but he had some leverage when he was talking to Milwaukee. They were pretty desperate for a name coach to take Giannis to the next level. I don't think a whole lot of folks outside of Atlanta are fully aware of the personnel follies of the Bud-Cox regime. I bet many outside folk pin their failings more on Wilcox. Thus, I wouldn't be surprised if Bud negotiated himself a certain amount of personnel say, even if they didn't make him the actual GM.