• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Coach Bud was never that good of a coach

NBASupes

4 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

Unless Giannis is signing an extension that's too much. Even if that's the price, I'm not paying it for somebody who may decide to leave in a year.

It's too much for a rental who's going to 2021 but it might work

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Other than Cam, Trae, Capela, and Hunter,  I'll trade every asset for a Giannis rental. We can build a bench for cheap with Giannis. We need Trae, Cam, Hunter, and Capela. 

Kevin

John

6th pick

2021 1st

That's too much for somebody as unskilled as Giannis

If we were talking about Durant before he got injured then yes...but unskilled Giannis??? Naw

Edited by Bonkers
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

They're able to find talent out of guys that most teams overlook. Travis needs to get better in this area.

I said the same thing weeks ago and got attacked.  You say it and get likes!  The system is rigged against me. 😇

• Haha 1

On 9/3/2020 at 12:02 PM, RedDawg#8 said:

There is no way to debate that, and its kind of strawman. My point isnt who played harder, it was comparing their dominance and pointing out that Shaq was never able to do it as THE guy, despite being the most dominating force in the history of basketball as some had put it. 
Giannis, without refined perimeter skills (shooting and playmaking), will not be able to do it as THE guy either. 

And I think that makes him overrated as a soon to be 2 time MVP and current DPOY. I saw neither of those accolades on display when it has mattered most.

Shaq has 3 NBA Finals MVPs.  Of course he did it as THE guy.

vs Indiana:  38 ppg - 16.7 rebs - 2.3 asst - 2.7 blks -  61% FG

vs Philly:  33 ppg - 15.8 rebs - 4.8 ast - 3.4 blks - 57% FG

vs New Jersey:  36.3 ppg - 12.3 rebs - 3.8 asst - 2.8 blks - 60% FG

The big thing about winning championships, is that the vast majority of teams have a 2nd guy who is just a notch below the superstar player. He's the guy who can carry a team at any time, if need be.  And the majority even have a 3rd guy who can play at All-Star level on occasion.  Milwaukee obviously doesn't have the 2nd and 3rd player to supplement what Giannis brings to the game.

• Like 1

Y'all right, Giannis for more than John Collins and #6 is an massive overpay considering he's more likely to leave us regardless. 

It's going to be hard to convince him to stay regardless but we need everyone on board otherwise he leaves for nothing 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Nah . . . we didn't want to go the Miami route 2 years ago.  Only a few of us were wanting a guy like Jimmy to come here.

We weren't in position to land or maintain a Jimmy Butler last year. They literally traded Covington who's a good role player and Saric for a rental. We didn't have the assets much less the squad to maintain that and that trade was a massive backfire on Philadelphia. 

We have our core in 2020-21, we just had Trae, Kevin, and John then

• Like 3

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, bleachkit said:

In Bud's defense, this Buck's team is not that talented. It's basically Giannis, a solid Middleton, and a bunch of role players. Miami may not have Giannis, but they are deeper. 

So are you concluding that Miami has more talent or better coaching?