• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Coach Bud was never that good of a coach

NBASupes

43 minutes ago, Dean Walker said:

Totally agree. Houston’s small ball makes Dwight and mcgee unplayable in this series.

AD’s reluctance to play center makes what they do in this series going forward very interesting.

That's not true.

In the playoffs, it's all about matchups.  What's to say that you couldn't insert McGee in the game, and post him up against PJ Tucker, and DARE Houston to guard him?

Or better yet, play AD at center, and put him down on the block.

At some point, these coaches have to understand how to play to player's strengths.  There's no way in hell I would allow Houston to get away with playing small ball.  I'd do my best to foul PJ Tucker right out the game.  And I'd dare PJ to make 6 - 8 threes from the corner, while locking down everyone else.

I would also do the same thing with anyone who is guarding Lebron.  Put Lebron down on the block and see if Houston can stop him without fouling.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

That's not true.

In the playoffs, it's all about matchups.  What's to say that you couldn't insert McGee in the game, and post him up against PJ Tucker, and DARE Houston to guard him?

At some point, these coaches have to understand how to play to player's strengths.  There's no way in hell I would allow Houston to get away with playing small ball.  I'd do my best to foul PJ Tucker right out the game.  And I'd dare PJ to make 6 - 8 threes from the corner, while locking down everyone else.

I would also do the same thing with anyone who is guarding Lebron.  Put Lebron down on the block and see if Houston can stop him without fouling.

If they’re going to try and force feed mcgee against tucker they’ve already lost. That’s a recipe for disaster.

i do agree with playing Ad at center and to your point about putting LeBron on the block is exactly what I think they should do also.

Especially with LeBron’s declining athleticism he needs to be playing more out of the post. It will open up a lot of options for them offensively.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

If Butler didn't sign, and left the Hawks hanging, you either plug in Bembry or Herro at one of the wing spots, and go from there.   A Trae - Huerter - Herro trio at the guard would be very interesting, and increase our shooting dramatically.  So I'd probably start Herro.  Defensively, we're a nightmare, but we're also a better shooting team.

• Trae
  • Huerter
  • Herro
  • Collins
  • Len

There's a lot wrong with this post, but this part in particular will probably give me nightmares tonight. 

4 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

That's not true.

This pisses me off because you couldn’t be more right and yet I bet they still don’t do this! Ain’t no way in hell PJ should be succeeding as the PF vs Davis in this series 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, High5 said:

There's a lot wrong with this post, but this part in particular will probably give me nightmares tonight. 

We were the worst shooting team in the league and ranked 27th in defense.   That lineup puts us in no different position than we currently are now.

We'd still have a high lottery pick, perhaps even higher.

We'd still have our cap space.

The only thing we wouldn't have, is the "potential" of Cam or Hunter possibly developing into a star player.  

I actually forgot about Capela in my scenario.  So no Len.

With Butler

• Trae
  • Huerter 
  • Butler
  • Collins
  • Capela

Without Butler

• Trae
  • Huerter
  • Herro
  • Collins
  • Capela

• Moderators
1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

We were the worst shooting team in the league and ranked 27th in defense.   That lineup puts us in no different position than we currently are now.

The only thing we wouldn't have, is the "potential" of Cam or Hunter possibly developing into a star player.  

With Butler

• Trae
  • Huerter 
  • Butler
  • Collins
  • Capela

Without Butler

• Trae
  • Huerter
  • Herro
  • Collins
  • Capela

What I can’t wrap my head around is a scenario with Butler resigning with us.  I see him being very frustrated with our team and walking.

On McGee, I don’t think he can force offense onto anyone.  He is about as pure a garbage offense player as you can get.  I do agree that AD and LeBron should be punishing Houston hard for going small.  LA’s big problem is the lack of quality wings.  They miss Bradley badly because they didn’t have depth to start with.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

We were the worst shooting team in the league and ranked 27th in defense. 

Shot selection improves your shooting.  Just like someone was criticizing the Lakers for their shot selection, this definitely applies to the Hawks.  John Collins is the most efficient player on the Hawks but yet he is never featured for example.  You guys think personnel way too much.  And as far as the defense is concerned.  De'andre Hunter was NABC and ACC defensive player of the year in 2019...Now look at him.  Is this a coincidence?  Should be self explanatory.

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Shot selection improves your shooting.  Just like someone was criticizing the Lakers for their shot selection, this definitely applies to the Hawks.  John Collins is the most efficient player on the Hawks but yet he is never featured for example.  You guys think personnel way too much.  And as far as the defense is concerned.  De'andre Hunter was NABC and ACC defensive player of the year in 2019...Now look at him.  Is this a coincidence?  Should be self explanatory.

Shelden Williams was two-time NABC defensive player of the year.  I guess he was a dominant NBA defender as a rookie because that is how this works.  (And he didn't change positions like Hunter.)

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, AHF said:

Shelden Williams was two-time NABC defensive player of the year.  I guess he was a dominant NBA defender as a rookie because that is how this works.  (And he didn't change positions like Hunter.)

I guess you agree with me on shot selection since you didn't criticize that take.

• Premium Member
15 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

There was nothing wrong with "Philly Jimmy".  He ended up being the leader for that Philly playoff team over Simmons and Embiid.  And I have no problem with players who play with passion, and who are a little abrasive at times.  That at least shows me that the player cares about winning.

It actually should have been Minny Jimmy, since we would have traded for him from the Wolves and if you seriously think that Jimmy would have resigned with a rebuilding team you're kidding yourself. He wasn't the leader of the young players with the Bulls or Wolves.

You think he would have been happy with the Trae Young of the 2 months of his rookie season? He probably would have been traded midseason.

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

With Butler

• Trae
  • Huerter 
  • Butler
  • Collins
  • Capela

Without Butler

• Trae
  • Huerter
  • Herro
  • Collins
  • Capela

How do we get Capela? We used the #17 pick acquired from BKN in the Prince trade to get Capela.

I don’t know how Houston has thrived since slotting Tucker at the 5, I can barely watch them.  All I know is it’s/ he’s amazing.  If it were as simple as post him  up/ dominate the glass they would be far from 1-0 in the semis.  Everyone (including me) thought it was moronic and would lead to disaster when D’Antoni implemented it months ago.  

And trust me North, had Jimmy come here it would’ve been his shortest stint with a team by far.  All the things he values most, we have none of.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
53 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

I don’t know how Houston has thrived since slotting Tucker at the 5, I can barely watch them.  All I know is it’s/ he’s amazing.  If it were as simple as post him  up/ dominate the glass they would be far from 1-0 in the semis.  Everyone (including me) thought it was moronic and would lead to disaster when D’Antoni implemented it months ago.  

And trust me North, had Jimmy come here it would’ve been his shortest stint with a team by far.  All the things he values most, we have none of.

AD is taller than Tucker, but man he can't post Tucker. Tucker is like a tank, AD can't move him.

LAL needs to get AD on the move where he can use his speed and height to his advantage over Tucker.

It's not just Tucker for the Rockets. Their whole team is stout defending the post, and they help and rotate very well. Only thing McGee and Dwight are good for in this series are lobs and rebounding. It will be interesting to how the Rockets would've fared against the Blazers or the Nuggets in the playoffs.