• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Coach Bud was never that good of a coach

NBASupes

• Premium Member

This has been painful to watch.  I feel for Milwaukee fans.  The talent on that team is too good -- I think they beat the Nets with a solid coach, they have so much defensive talent being misused and poorly coached

• Like 1

Was never a fan of Bud. His personnel decisions were one thing, but I knew he was a fraud when he took a career backup in Kyle Korver, a guy known to easily be taken away in the playoffs, and not only made him a starter but a key part of our offense smh. I knew playoff success would never come with him. He thought his “system” mattered more than having great players. Very Chip Kelly like

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, cam1218 said:

This reminds me of the Kirschner - CLP interaction earlier in the year. “So how do you make them feel you.” Playing some defense is a good start.

Bud has coached teams that overachieved at times, but he has had some massive eggs in the playoffs or when it matters. This is uglyyy.

I don't think you can blame Bud for all of this... I know we want to minimize Brooklynn's part in this but it can't be minimized.  Brooklyn is a beast.  And yes, when we beat Philly, we will be in their line of fire.   But that doesn't mean that Bud can't coach or is a bad coach or only coaches a team up.  I think you have to realize that they have been matched by a team with 2 of the top 10 players in this league.   Plus a great deal of highly talented others. 

I think Milwaukee will get a game or 2 but this is not a coaching catastrophe, this is what happens when a really good team catches fire at the right times in a game. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Worst thing about watching this series is the amount of talent Milwaukee has is insane... Giannis is tough to build around but they put the best guys possible in what should be a very competitive lineup, but good god going down 50 is something else.  

• Like 2

Milwaukee didn't come this far because they are a bad team.  They have talent.  76ers got knocked down by the Hawks.  Apparently, they thought that, if Embiid showed up, Atlanta would simply roll over, dead.  They were in shock when we didn't comply.  Bud's men thought, we just show up and have a great game.  Neither team had a great night.

The difference was, the 76ers came roaring back and almost picked off the Hawks.  Bud's men didn't.

Next game, watch out.  Now Bud's men and the men of the 76ers all know that they are in a street brawl.  Whoever comes out of round two will be prepared for the fight that is sure to come in the finals of the east.  Embiid is, I believe, the key for the 76ers.  If he is able to play, they take game two and go to Atlanta, even.  Without Embiid, they may not fair so well

:smug:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1