• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who do you want at #6?

NBASupes

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, AHF said:

I’m more in camp @kg01 than ever before.  I trust TS so if he feels there is a legit high ceiling guy then go for it but if we are going to pick someone who projects to be a role player (and I think multiple guys around the 5-10 spot will be) then please explore trading the pick for someone more proven who can step in and contribute now.  I’m much less excited about taking someone who can’t shoot or who looks to come off the bench for the next 3 years without any AS upside.  

Maybe this is just the post-lottery depression talking but this was a big downer to go from the 4th spot to 6.  (I know 6 was the single most likely spot but it is also more than a pick worse than where we were statistically most likely to land).

#6 and OKC 2022 1st for a SnT of Bogdan Bogdanovic and #12 from the Kings.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AHF said:

I’m more in camp @kg01 than ever before.  I trust TS so if he feels there is a legit high ceiling guy then go for it but if we are going to pick someone who projects to be a role player (and I think multiple guys around the 5-10 spot will be) then please explore trading the pick for someone more proven who can step in and contribute now.  I’m much less excited about taking someone who can’t shoot or who looks to come off the bench for the next 3 years without any AS upside.  

Maybe this is just the post-lottery depression talking but this was a big downer to go from the 4th spot to 6.  (I know 6 was the single most likely spot but it is also more than a pick worse than where we were statistically most likely to land).

I am indifferent. #6 is right there at the spot where most teams above want to trade down to but teams below probably don't want to trade something good. I can see the same deal Phoenix did at 7 being had at our slot. Someone the level of Dario Saric. I'll rather stick to #6. 

For me, we need to buy a 1st rounder this year and get a 3rd string PG who can eventually overtake Teague. I see want to use our #50 pick for a two way contract but that player shouldn't be a lock for the opening day.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

I’m sure many here have seen it but The Stepien leaves no stone unturned in terms of college player evaluation.  I don’t watch a second of the NCAA but I’ve always been intrigued by Halliburton’s profile.  Looking at his frame I’m confident he can add 15 pounds in a year or so to combat some of his weaknesses.

Heard him interviewed a few days ago.  Said he ended the season at 158.  158 pounds!

Said he's up to about 180 now.  He's probably gonna hover in the 165-175 range for a few years.  Man that's tiny.

I was high on him early on but cooled once I did some research.

• Like 1

• Moderators
12 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Considering the list of teams in front

1. Toppin

2. Okoro

3. Deni

4. Haliburton 

5. Okongwu 

6. Hayes

Toppin excites me.  Minutes and fit are some question.

Okoro I will root for but will be disappointed given that I am super skeptical given just how broken his jumper is.  I knew it was bad but it was way worse than I thought as he didn't even try to shoot it.

Deni.  On the rise for me.  If TS likes him, I'll be pumped.

Haliburton.  I have a high level of confidence that he will be a contributor and will never be an All-Star.  Whether he is just a useful bench player or can eventually become starter level good, I don't know.   Any rookie has risk of being useful their first season, but he seems one of the most likely to be able to step in and produce.

Okongwu is very intriguing.  He seems like a good fit as a complementary big to John and Capela and has some skills that are enticing.

Hayes.  I'm a little cold on Hayes but he is interesting.  To contrast him with Okoro, I don't like his ceiling as much but the floor is a little less scary.  If TS put me in charge, which he shouldn't, and we kept the pick at 6 then Hayes would not be on my board.

21 minutes ago, mrhonline said:

Assuming Ball, Edwards, and Wiseman are gone, I wonder if the Bulls would consider swapping.  They have some edible contracts in Satoransky, Felicio, and Young.

That does sound intriguing. I halfway expect them to take Hayes.

22 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

For me, we need to buy a 1st rounder this year and get a 3rd string PG who can eventually overtake Teague. I see want to use our #50 pick for a two way contract but that player shouldn't be a lock for the opening day.

Same. 

I don't think we'll walk away with a PG at 6, but could come away with RJ Hampton or someone else later in the draft if they trade up from 2 or down from 6 with more assets. Or buy in.

I feel a high first pick will have an expectation to contribute considerable time and be the primary backup, and I don't think it's ideal to have a rook as #2 pg on a young playoff pushing team. 

Late first, though, has the ability to contribute, but not as much pressure to perform immediately so they have time to develop over the next year. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mrhonline said:

Assuming Ball, Edwards, and Wiseman are gone, I wonder if the Bulls would consider swapping.  They have some edible contracts in Satoransky, Felicio, and Young.

If the Bulls draft Lamelo, I think they'll be shipping out Zach.  Kobe seems to have more upside than Zach.  

I'd trade the 6th pick for Zach's contract, another of the bulls bad contracts, and possibly a heavily protected future first.  

Yeah, yeah, I know his defense.  Bring his ass off the bench in a 6th man role if he's not willing to play defense.  He fits the timeline and is talented.  

Edited by marco102

@Spud2nique  has convinced me on Okongwu.

How I see this playing out is different from most. Wiseman and Edwards go 1 and 2. Okongwu goes to Charlotte at 3, Hayes goes to the Bulls at 4, Toppin goes to the Cavs at 5.

That leaves us with:

Ball, Haliburton, Okoro, Avdija.

I am calling Hayes over Ball as the first PG taken.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

@Spud2nique  has convinced me on Okongwu.

How I see this playing out is a different from most. Wiseman and Edwards go 1 and 2. Okongwu goes to Charlotte at 3, Hayes goes to the Bulls at 4, Toppin goes to the Cavs at 5.

That leaves us with:

Ball, Haliburton, Okoro, Avdija.

I am calling Hayes over Ball as the first PG taken.

No!!!!! Don't screw the Hawks draft!  I'm depending on the Ball hype to save us

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

No!!!!! Don't screw the Hawks draft!  I'm depending on the Ball hype to save us

It is scary to think that may be our options. If we were to take Ball at #6, imagine the anger and then frenzy in Detroit and New York to try and pry him away.

• Like 4

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

It is scary to think that may be our options. If we were to take Ball at #6, imagine the anger and then frenzy in Detroit and New York to try and pry him away.

Two dumb organizations likely to be in the lottery again in the near term and desperate to make a splash.  That sounds like a best case scenario to me.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

Two dumb organizations likely to be in the lottery again in the near term and desperate to make a splash.  That sounds like a best case scenario to me.

I said last night it'll be ideal if Ball falls and we get NYK OR DET to offer up a nice asset to move down 1 or 2 spots.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AHF said:

🤣 There is still Haliburton, Anthony, and Maxey left. But yes I can see NY and Detriot trying to jockey into a position that guarantees them a PG they covet. Those two at 7 and 8 is like their worse nightmare in terms of getting a pass first PG.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

🤣 There is still Haliburton, Anthony, and Maxey left. But yes I can see NY and Detriot trying to jockey into a position that guarantees them a PG they covet. Those two at 7 and 8 is like their worse nightmare in terms of getting a pass first PG.

When I saw they landed at 7 and 8 I was lauging so hard.  They need to each stay in fron of the other.

• Haha 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I said last night it'll be ideal if Ball falls and we get NYK OR DET to offer up a nice asset to move down 1 or 2 spots.

I'd happily trade them something like our pick this year and another asset for their unprotected pick next year and this year.  Dallas was smart enough to protect the pick.  NY and DET bidding against each other could be desperate enough to deal without protection.

I'd value their unprotected pick next year more than their pick this year.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AHF said:

I'd happily trade them something like our pick this year and another asset for their unprotected pick next year and this year.  Dallas was smart enough to protect the pick.  NY and DET bidding against each other could be desperate enough to deal without protection.

I am thinking it could be a under the radar move. Like give Detroit 6 and drop down to 8. In return we get a unprotected 2022 pick. With the better odds for 8 - 12, there is a chance that turns into a top 4 even if they improve some.