• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who do you want at #6?

NBASupes

12 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I don't know that they are high on him. But he seems like the one they would draft since they aren't taking a guard.

I was making a veiled shot at someone.  I think he's their target too though, which I think is a mistake.

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Wouldn't shock me if Ball was at 6

Charlotte could go big and Bulls could go Deni. Cleveland could go Obi. Its possible. We can rip off the Knicks

It's hard to build around a guard that can't shoot. His sample size is small though, so how he shoots in workouts is going to be really important.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

It's hard to build around a guard that can't shoot. His sample size is small though, so how he shoots in workouts is going to be really important.

Even in the old days, players like Mark Jackson and JKidd ( before he learned to shoot ) were hard to build around. As much as I love Doc Rivers, imagine if we had Derek Harper, Kenny Smith, or dare I say Danny Ainge.

These days its even harder.

31 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Wouldn't shock me if Ball was at 6

Charlotte could go big and Bulls could go Deni. Cleveland could go Obi. Its possible. We can rip off the Knicks

The more I think about it, the more plausible it is. Minnesota is not taking him, there are taking Antman. GS is not taking him, Steph and Klay are coming back, they just traded away Russell. Charlotte just gave Rozier a big contract and Graham is their emerging young guard. Chicago just took Coby White. Cleveland took Sexton and Garland. We have Trae. The only teams that are a sure thing to draft him are Detroit and New York. Still think one of Charlotte or Chicago takes him, but it's possible they don't.

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

I think Haliburton should be the pick. Efficient, smart, defends, can play point or off the ball, sets screens, high steals rate, good passer, long arms, ultra high character. Not a wow athlete, skinny frame, but aside from that there's really nothing not to like

I just think if Halliburton is there at #6 and you take somebody else, you might be overthinking it a bit.  He's got excellent talent and the fit would be nice.  Not a crazy high upside perhaps, unless he can become super lethal (43%+) from deep.  Which isn't totally out of the question if he's not dependent on getting his own open looks.  He might be able to play alongside Trae, which could get him a lot of shots.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If Toppin is at #6 and we pass on him, it's like passing on Dame Lillard at #6. You don't want to pass on someone this damn good offensively. You really don't. He does everything you need a modern big to do offensively. For a team like us, who lacks depth, it would be an idiotic move and one that should cost TS his job in time unless he drafts someone that's insanely good. We messed up on Luka and it's not even in time yet, just year 2. Let's not do it again. BPA. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, txsting said:

Man if Ball falls to us......just let him keep falling.  If five teams pass on him, his value for a trade-up could hardly be that good.  He'd be the perfect dumb pick for NY.  They will suck but be pretty watchable.

That isn't necessarily the case.  As noted above, 8 teams passed on Justice Winslow and Frank Kamisky but Boston still offered 4 first round picks for the #9 pick.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

That isn't necessarily the case.  As noted above, 8 teams passed on Justice Winslow and Frank Kamisky but Boston still offered 4 first round picks for the #9 pick.  

This!!!! It's not just the Knicks who might want Ball. It could be a lot of other teams. 

Edited by NBASupes

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This!!!! It's not just the Knicks who might want Ball. It could be a lot of other teams. 

All it takes is one team but there are multiple teams who could be salivating for Ball if he slips to us.  If we see Edwards, Toppin, Deni, Wiseman and Okongwu all go, I would almost certainly prefer whatever teams are offering than to stand and take our pick.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

Ain't no one giving us an all star level vet with the 6th this year man. Only way we get an All Star level player is if we move Collins. 

Remember when BOS traded J. Green to SEA for Ray Allen? I kinda feel like that was the 6th pick and he wasn't particularly a sexy prospect.