• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who do you want at #6?

NBASupes

Ball can't shoot. And a guard that can't shoot, can't play off the ball with Trae, at least not very effectively. If you draft Ball, one of Trae or Ball will ultimately have to be moved. Yes you draft talent, but sooner or later the pieces have to fit for the team to be a winner.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Ball can't shoot. And a guard that can't shoot, can't play off the ball with Trae, at least not very effectively. If you draft Ball, one of Trae or Ball will ultimately have to be moved. Yes you draft talent, but sooner or later the pieces have to fit for the team to be a winner.

Nobody here wants Ball!!!

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Nobody here wants Ball!!!

Some of us would like to trade him but I do not think anyone wants to keep him. Let his Dad rant about trading away the best PG; I will be laughing all night long at that one.

2 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Some of us would like to trade him but I do not think anyone wants to keep him. Let his Dad rant about trading away the best PG; I will be laughing all night long at that one.

A ball dominant guard that can't shoot and is not a defender playing next to Trae. CLP will surely get fired trying to make that work. 

This is probably my wish list and why:

1. Toppin - My #2 prospect in this class. An offensive dynamo, can play on and off the ball, great decision maker with a nice feel for the game, good passing chops with potential to be great, elite finisher and special movement player abit not as good as JC, good shooter, and excellent first step for a PF. Defensively, is position locked but has some positive qualities that make you think he's more like Dwight Powell and Kelly Oknlyk than Jabari Parker and Michael Beasley. I think by year 2, he can compete with JC for the starting spot and give us an elite 6th man along with Kevin. Easily my #1 if available. 

2. Deni - My #6 prospect in this class. He's a PDS dynamo offensively and while I have questions about his jumper, I do think it has potential in the long run. I really can see a role where he becomes an excellent 6th man in time. Considering the lack of good bigs on this roster after the starters. I am going to value him at a higher rate than Okoro just due to him being ready next season and not in 2021. #2 if available which I have doubts. 

Slight Gap 

3. Okoro - My #10 prospect in this class and #2 on my current Hawks BB of players I think could be an option (removed Ball, Edwards, and Wiseman). He is a movement wing with a nonstop motor, has PD ability and potential to be more, strong as an ox, elite finisher for a wing, and is an exceptional defensive perimeter prospect right now. But his shooting is WIP and his offensive skill is currently basic level. I don't see him as more than a 10th man right now but his potential+realized potential is one of the highest in the class. I think he's worthy of this spot. His intangibles and BBIQ really give you hope. Some will question his shot and compare him to MKG and Bembry who had broken shots but you can also compare him to Jaylen Brown, Jimmy Butler, and Andre Iguodala who needed to work on their jumper as well. I think Atlanta has to seriously look at how good it is but as good as an overall player he is. Why not? I think he's the obvious choice if the Toppin and Deni are gone. 

4. Patrick Williams - My #14 prospect in this class is a bit of a reach but he's a projected big wing with Covington potential, a great body, good feel for the game, good BBIQ, great defensive intangibles and just is much better on tape in stat wise. He's what you want in a modern 3&D big wing which is the most valuable 3&D there is. While I do think he will take some time and like Okoro is more of a 10th man at this stage, his potential screams eventual starter even if not as good as Okoro. Some will rather Williams because of his shooting ability even if he's not the same level talent. For me, he's clearly #4 right now for me on options for #6 overall. 

Gap 

5. Tyrese Haliburton - My #4 overall player in this class and #4 on my current Hawks BB of players I think could be an option. He dropped for #6 options just due to the fact that I think he's a PG and Jeff Teague is coming back. Our offense was much better after the trade and I think Atlanta wants a vet. I don't think it's a good idea in an extremely strong PG draft. We could just buy our way up and get Pritchard, Riller, Flynn, Lewis, or someone like that which will be better value overall. I guess my thing is value. The other positions value extremely drop after the lottery. The PG position is extremely strong after the lottery. So I am playing the game of value. I do think Hali has more potential than people think and I clearly wouldn't be oppose to drafting him. I just don't think other positions are that good in this class as PG position is. 

6. Hayes - I will keep this short, I like him but it wouldn't surprise me if he was a rich man's Kris Dunn. Like a Gary Payton type. It also wouldn't surprise me if he was just Kris Dunn pt 2. I actually like his defense a lot more than most but his offense isn't that advanced and he's a turnover machine. His PnR reads and play is 2nd to only LaMelo Ball and ahead of Haliburton, Lewis, and Anthony. I like him but the depth of PG's in this class is what's hurting him. My #6 overall player in this class. 

7. Cole Anthony - I really like him. I think he's going to be a really good player and already is a good basketball player. That's it. My #9 overall prospect. I think he can be what we wanted Brandon Jennings to be. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

True To Atlanta mode! Bring me Peachtree Ridge's Devin Vassell or McEachern's Isaac Okoro. I like both these guys' athleticism, plus Okoro brings the CLAMPS while Vassell brings his newfound jumper. Neither will be outright hometown heroes from the jump, but more like hometown trusty sidekicks, which is all anybody should be seeking in this Draft at #6 or below. The strip clubs won't be the only reason people flock to Atlanta looking for wings.

I'm more excited about That Bag we're gonna be throwing at certain people a few days later.

~lw3

I hate Devin Vassell as an option more than I hated Jarrett Culver last year and I really didn't like Culver and he showed exactly why this season and I liked him at #10 a lot more than Vassell at #6 because Culver is a good player, just not a good fit. Vassell is not a good basketball player at all. 3&D SG's are position locked and he's showed me he can't guard quick PG's either. I hate the idea of drafting a 3&D SG in the lottery. Easy pass for me. Patrick Williams is by far the best prospect for us from Florida State. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I hate Devin Vassell as an option more than I hated Jarrett Culver last year and I really didn't like Culver and he showed exactly why this season and I liked him at #10 a lot more than Vassell at #6 because Culver is a good player, just not a good fit. Vassell is not a good basketball player at all. 3&D SG's are position locked and he's showed me he can't guard quick PG's either. I hate the idea of drafting a 3&D SG in the lottery. Easy pass for me. Patrick Williams is by far the best prospect for us from Florida State. 

If TS wants Vassell, he has to trade down and pick up value.  He is also a clear pass for me but even if TS settles on him #6 is not where you take him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

A ball dominant guard that can't shoot and is not a defender playing next to Trae. CLP will surely get fired trying to make that work. 

First off, I do not think we keep him if we draft him. Secondly, I do not think he plays next to Trae starting over Reddish and Huerter. I feel like I keep repeating this for some reason.

This pick is an asset, they are gravy. Barring a disastrous injury it does not matter who we draft, especially at 6, they will not be starting this season.

Take BPA, swing a trade if possible, and get on with free agency.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

First off, I do not think we keep him if we draft him. Secondly, I do not think he plays next to Trae starting over Reddish and Huerter. I feel like I keep repeating this for some reason.

This pick is an asset, they are gravy. Barring a disastrous injury, it does not matter who we draft, especially at 6, they will not be starting this season.

Take BPA, swing a trade if possible, and get on with free agency.

I'm not arguing with you, I'm agreeing with you.

• Haha 1

Just now, AHF said:

If TS wants Vassell, he had to trade down and pick up value.  

I hope he doesn't. That's a wasted pick. He's going to be forever limited and has no shot of overtaking Cam/Hunter/Kevin. The people who like him to us are the people who HATE Cam/Hunter and don't see Kevin as a good fit because of his defense. For us, who love Cam, it's stupid because this guy is going to be position locked and is that really that valuable. He has value as I do think he can be a rotation piece sooner than later like Cam Johnson is for PHX but you have limitations and considering what we got. I think it's pointless. He just doesn't have that much versatility defensively. It's great that he's a good defender right now but what good does it do me if that's position locked. He's not going to be overtaking Cam Reddish no matter how much guys like Hollinger don't like Cam or Hunter. The Hawks love them and we do. Hollinger got fired for a reason. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I hope he doesn't. That's a wasted pick. He's going to be forever limited and has no shot of overtaking Cam/Hunter/Kevin. The people who like him to us are the people who HATE Cam/Hunter and don't see Kevin as a good fit because of his defense. For us, who love Cam, it's stupid because this guy is going to be position locked and is that really that valuable. He has value as I do think he can be a rotation piece sooner than later like Cam Johnson is for PHX but you have limitations and considering what we got. I think it's pointless. He just doesn't have that much versatility defensively. It's great that he's a good defender right now but what good does it do me if that's position locked. He's not going to be overtaking Cam Reddish no matter how much guys like Hollinger don't like Cam or Hunter. The Hawks love them and we do. Hollinger got fired for a reason. 

That is why Vassell is in my “f*** me” tier on the poll thread.  :banghead:

But I acknowledge that TS knows this much better than I do so I reserve some hope that he sees what I don’t.  

• Like 3

well damn ! 
that was quick !

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/259254/Warriors-To-Use-No-2-Overall-Pick-In-Trade-Talks

csll me an idiot but I really thought they’d just take wiseman and try grooming him . I mean I get draymond plays center but I would think they’d want a big body just in case it’s needed . Why not take wiseman was my thought 

but apparently if the hawks really wanted to move up it’s probably easy to in this draft.

Who I have wanted in the draft based on our position the last few years.

2017- OG Anunoby, Semi Ojeleye

2018- Luka, Mikal Bridges

2019- Cam, Culver, Clarke, Kabengele

2020- Okongwu, Saddiq Bey

(Haliburton a bit but had to be talked into it. Okoro is cool but get that shot down it’s needed).

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Who I have wanted in the draft based on our position the last few years.

2017- OG Anunoby, Semi Ojeleye

2018- Luka, Mikal Bridges

2019- Cam, Culver, Clarke, Kabengele

2020- Okongwu, Saddiq Bey

(Haliburton a bit but had to be talked into it. Okoro is cool but get that shot down it’s needed).

I like Okongwu but I don't see the need if Ded, Capela, and John are divvying up minutes and we might possibly have a shot at Bertans in FAcy?  I see the need for backup PG, don't see Teague as long term answer thats why I like Halliburton. Saddiq Bey I will have to research lol

• Like 2