• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who do you want at #6?

NBASupes

1 minute ago, turnermx said:

Saddiq Bey I will have to research lol

Peep 👀 him. He reminds me of Draymond in a small forward’s body. He’s very alive and engaged in the games and his game translates really well to the physical pro game. 

This kid is gonna be something nice. If we trade down, I really like him a ton.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
Just now, Spud2nique said:

Peep 👀 him. He reminds me of Draymond in a small forward’s body. He’s very alive and engaged in the games and his game translates really well to the physical pro game. 

This kid is gonna be something nice. If we trade down, I really like him a ton.

Will do, thanks! Wasn't there another interesting PG prospect in the mid 1st round ? I can't remember who it was. This is a good PG draft so many Schlenky can work his magic.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
15 hours ago, Sothron said:

Blech. Very disappointed. I want the Georgia boy but I can see MIN taking him to put next to Russell. This is a draft we could bundle that pick with a young guy for an established All Star level wing player. Question is would anyone want that enough to trade for it.

Ain't no one giving us an all star level vet with the 6th this year man. Only way we get an All Star level player is if we move Collins. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Ain't no one giving us an all star level vet with the 6th this year man. Only way we get an All Star level player is if we move Collins. 

I honestly think moving Collins is a bad idea. Even if aren't going to give him the contract he wants, I'll rather do a SnT like MIL did with Brogdon. Trading JC to GS for #2 just isn't appealing at all to me. 

Just now, kg01 said:

Okongwu is as easy to spell as Smith if you actually try.

It's all about commonality. We see Smith all of the time, many of us do not see Okongwu. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I honestly think moving Collins is a bad idea. Even if aren't going to give him the contract he wants, I'll rather do a SnT like MIL did with Brogdon. Trading JC to GS for #2 just isn't appealing at all to me. 

It's all about commonality. We see Smith all of the time, many of us do not see Okongwu. 

I also want to keep JC but he wasn't talking about trading JC for a pick.  He was talking about it being necessary to move JC as part of a package if we want to get an All-Star.

• Like 3

Just now, Buzzard said:

O Kong Wu. Once I broke it down like that, it is simple. I have a hard time with Avdija. I keep wanting to pronounce and spell his last name Advija.

I agree, I really don't think Igbo names are hard to pronounce. 

• Like 1

Just now, AHF said:

I also want to keep JC but he wasn't talking about trading JC for a pick.  He was talking about it being necessary to move JC as part of a package if we want to get an All-Star.

I don't know if there is an all star that's available this year but I could see JC+6 being appealing for a major trade. It wouldn't shock me if GS stays at #2. There just isn't a player available right now that makes sense to trade the #2 pick for. 

3 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

O Kong Wu. Once I broke it down like that, it is simple. I have a hard time with Avdija. I keep wanting to pronounce and spell his last name Advija.

How do you pronounce Avdija? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I don't know if there is an all star that's available this year but I could see JC+6 being appealing for a major trade. It wouldn't shock me if GS stays at #2. There just isn't a player available right now that makes sense to trade the #2 pick for. 

How do you pronounce Avdija? 

I’ll let you know on the air this weekend 😉. The way I say Omer Asik, I’ve heard it makes women melt. 😃 

• Haha 1

@BuzzardYou mentioned before that the Hornets 🐝 might or should be in play for Trez. Does landing the 3rd pick and being able to draft a young Trez in Okongwu eliminate that. Most likely they won’t be drafting Gwu and signing Trez it’s redundant a bit. If they go after one, we still should go after the other. We need girth around Trae whether it’s via the draft or FAncy.

• Premium Member
43 minutes ago, JTB said:

Okunegeazybgsjesj (I cant spell that damn kids name to save my life...y’all know who I’m referring to 😂)

:laugh:

30 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Okongwu is as easy to spell as Smith if you actually try.

30 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

27 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I just call him...Gru!

Screenshot_20200821-125052_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 2

• Premium Member

From now until October, it's gonna be a fun discussion.  No real Squawk consensus. Top 3 looking to trade their picks. NYK/DET looking to trade up. And in between - the Emory Bubble/Camp for the Hawks!

Fun times - GO HAWKS!!!

23 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

@BuzzardYou mentioned before that the Hornets 🐝 might or should be in play for Trez. Does landing the 3rd pick and being able to draft a young Trez in Okongwu eliminate that. Most likely they won’t be drafting Gwu and signing Trez it’s redundant a bit. If they go after one, we still should go after the other. We need girth around Trae whether it’s via the draft or FAncy.

Them and the Bulls moving up has seriously changed the landscape. The Bulls will almost certainly take a guard. Charlotte was stupid last season with the SNT to take on Rozier so they have painted themselves into a corner.

If they take a big, I see the market for Trez getting one team smaller.

• Like 2

I just posted this on that other board.

The Suns move up to 6 and the Hawks move down to 12.

Suns send #12 and a 2021 top 5 protected first.

Hawks send #6.

Why the Suns? They get a shot at Haliburton or one of the other top point guards who drop.

Why the Hawks? They take a flyer on a player like Bey, Williams, or Nesmith. They also get a future asset to trade if something great comes along.

• Like 1