• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-2021 Season News and Notes

JayBirdHawk

Interesting article about 2 possible offensive trends this season. Not sure I buy into the arguments, but it's at least something to talk about. 

https://www.basketballnews.com/stories/nba-major-offensive-trends-to-watch-for-2020-2021-season-three-pointers-reduction-point-guard-multiple-ball-handlers-miami-heat-los-angeles-lakers

44 minutes ago, Sothron said:

So the Westbrook trade makes the Wizards from a borderline meh playoff team to one that will probably make it. Westbrook/Beal in the backcourt with Bertans, Rui and their rotating bigs at center is nothing to sneeze at. It isn't a team that would seriously do anything in the playoffs but that backcourt alone is going to probably carry them enough.

They're still a really bad defensive team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

So the Westbrook trade makes the Wizards from a borderline meh playoff team to one that will probably make it. Westbrook/Beal in the backcourt with Bertans, Rui and their rotating bigs at center is nothing to sneeze at. It isn't a team that would seriously do anything in the playoffs but that backcourt alone is going to probably carry them enough.

If anything, the Westbrook trades hurts their playoff chances. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

If anything, the Westbrook trades hurts their playoff chances. 

A rusty PG that hasn't played in two years vs a former MVP and a guy that averaged a triple double how many years in a row? C'mon now. I don't even like Westbrook's game which is from the horrible iso ball from the late 90's early 00's era and can still see the improvement he will bring to them.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

A rusty PG that hasn't played in two years vs a former MVP and a guy that averaged a triple double how many years in a row? C'mon now. I don't even like Westbrook's game which is from the horrible iso ball from the late 90's early 00's era and can still see the improvement he will bring to them.

We will see soon enough. I watched Westbrook all last season Josh Smith'd(His last year in ATL) it up. I also liked what I seen from Wall in the pickups. I do not believe Westbrook will help them at all. He's too much of a liability even if he does have some positive value. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, NBASupes said:

We will see soon enough. I watched Westbrook all last season Josh Smith'd(His last year in ATL) it up. I also liked what I seen from Wall in the pickups. I do not believe Westbrook will help them at all. He's too much of a liability even if he does have some positive value. 

Westbrook was playing some of the best ball of his career in Jan/Feb before the shutdown. Nothing like Josh Smith. Wall can't compete with that version of Westbrook, but he can certainly compete with bubble Westbrook. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, High5 said:

Westbrook was playing some of the best ball of his career in Jan/Feb before the shutdown. Nothing like Josh Smith. Wall can't compete with that version of Westbrook, but he can certainly compete with bubble Westbrook. 

Unlike many of you guys, I actually watched those games. He wasn't helping winning like that. He was hurting the team to help his own stats. Harden was going to win those games without him and easier as well. Ya'll gotta stop saying shit that's based on numbers on shit I actually watched and attended live. This dude ain't that guy like that, I feel for Wizards fans.

Edited by NBASupes

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Unlike ya'll, I actually watched those games. He wasn't helping winning like that. He was hurting the team to help his own stats. Harden was going to win those games without him and easier as well. Ya'll gotta stop saying shit that's based on numbers on shit I actually watched and attended live.

Just to be clear, you think the Wizards will be better than last year but not as good as they would have been had they kept Wall, correct?

7 minutes ago, AHF said:

Just to be clear, you think the Wizards will be better than last year but not as good as they would have been had they kept Wall, correct?

The Wizards were one of those teams that won games in streaks due to Beal being on a f you campaign for getting all star votes and then snubbed so he was even more of a killer. 

They also won some Goodwin without Trae in Orlando type games where people just didn't take them seriously and when you can shoot like them, you can pull off some upsets just from being hot and the other team not taking you seriously. Them, the Hawks, Pistons, Cavs, Knicks were all in the same tier. The difference was, Washington start and Washington pre all star play was just enough to make the playoffs.

They aren't a serious team. They literally won like 4 more games than the Hawks and only beat the Hawks by 6 in the last game without Trae. They needed to make massive improvement to be a legit playoff team. John could have possibly been that but that's not a guarantee due to his health. Westbrook is just a stat padder. His 2.1 overall WAR in 2019-20 is not a mistake. He played like that. He's going to do more to help them than IT0 but he's just a Napier like impact with maxed out tendencies and motor.

7 minutes ago, High5 said:

It’s not 1920, bro. You didn’t have to be in Houston to see Westbrook play. 

True, what I am saying is, I know exactly what his impact was on winning without just looking at metrics or maybe 50% of their games in spurts. I actually seen this team in full.

Basically, the Atlanta Hawks are expected to be no good again this season:

Example:  I read that Boston had something, I don't remember what, that was worth $5 mil.  They are willing to trade this  to Atlanta for Collins because the Hawks don't want him and will not pay him.  

Example:  I saw another post.  Next years draft.  They are expecting Atlanta to draft #2 and take a PG.

Example:  I have saw several posts with Atlanta finishing 10 in the east.

😜

Every team that has a loss to the Hawks will have their fans in a faint!  We may just win a game or two this season just to spite the non believing fans of the other NBA teams.....

:hi:

• Haha 3

• Moderators
52 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Basically, the Atlanta Hawks are expected to be no good again this season:

Example:  I read that Boston had something, I don't remember what, that was worth $5 mil.  They are willing to trade this  to Atlanta for Collins because the Hawks don't want him and will not pay him.  

Example:  I saw another post.  Next years draft.  They are expecting Atlanta to draft #2 and take a PG.

Example:  I have saw several posts with Atlanta finishing 10 in the east.

😜

Every team that has a loss to the Hawks will have their fans in a faint!  We may just win a game or two this season just to spite the non believing fans of the other NBA teams.....

:hi:

This is another reason we need to get Collins locked up.   Signing good role playing free agents is one thing but we need to shake the rep of being unwilling to shell out big bucks.   Even though it's a different regime now i think letting Horford and Sap walk for nothing is still dogging us.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2