• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Thoughts on Okongwu?

gsuteke

Lets all agree.  Agent 0017 is over 6' tall and weighs over 200 lbs.

He's our draft pick from last fall.  We would like to see him in a Hawk uniform and playing, maybe very limited minutes.  Please.  Get well soon!  

Will he be a good rotation player for Atlanta or a complete dud?  Playing late at night, on the west coast?  Who cares.  Heal up and head out.  

:search:

• Like 3

16 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

To me, Okongwu is a 4.  Knight is a 4.  Bruno is a 5.

If Onyeka is "Baby Bam", we should be developing him to be a 4 that can play spot minutes at the 5, instead of strictly slotting him in as a 5.  But the problem with LP's offense, is that his 4's must be able to shoot, even if they can't defend worth a damn.  LP would rather play undersized guys at the 4 who have a threat at making a 3, than regular sized 4's who may be stronger defensively, but less on offense.

We literally have no idea how LP is going to use Okongwu. The kid hasn't even touched the floor for us yet.

One thing is for sure, he is a big man. Period. Until Gallo comes back, your bench depth is limited at PF, so any combination of Bruno, Solo, and OO will be used to fill in at the 4. Let's see how things play out first now that we have our lottery pick big man back in the mix.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, aali34 said:

He said prior to the draft that he's a little over 6'9 barefoot. I couldn't find combine measurements on him to confirm though.

What I'm seeing:

6'-10": Capella, Gallo and Knight

6'-9": Collins, Bruno

6'-8": Hunter, Reddish, Okongwu

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

What I'm seeing:

6'-10": Capella, Gallo and Knight

6'-9": Collins, Bruno

6'-8": Hunter, Reddish, Okongwu

Reddish is taller than Hunter..So something is wrong..lol. Doesnt really matter though. Gwu plays bigger than he is from what Ive seen....

Edited by terrell

22 hours ago, aali34 said:

He said prior to the draft that he's a little over 6'9 barefoot. I couldn't find combine measurements on him to confirm though.

Yep. He's a PF/C regardless..His wingspan makes up for height anyway..

• Like 3

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, aali34 said:

Nathan Knight and Gorgui Deng are both listed at 6'10. 

They don't look the same height to me.

They're not. Nathan Knight measured 6'8" barefoot at the Combine. He measured 6'9.75" in shoes which is kind of unrealistic unless he was wearing high heels or wedges. Either way, he has a good wingspan and he plays "big" so it's no big deal. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BrazilianHawk said:

To me, he looked a bit scared and nervous out there. Maybe a little raw? 

I don't know why I liked Knight's game better, but to be honest, it was just OO's first game. Let's see what comes next.

Way too early to call. We won't see the real Okongwu for at least a month 

• Like 2