• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Thoughts on Okongwu?

gsuteke

40 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

True but that does not mean they are effective, a 6’8” C that only plays on the paint and cannot play outside is not ideal in today’s league. I hope all the rumors about him practicing shooting are true and he expand his game.

He is really strong though. He knows how to make up for his shorter stature. 

18 hours ago, bleachkit said:

He is really strong though. He knows how to make up for his shorter stature. 

Skrawng, smart, high motor, eat up with dawg, and a lenthy wingspan...

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

And hopefully that starts on Wednesday.

Would be nice to at least see him in a Hawk uniform.  We hear that he's worthy of being #6 draft pick but right now we can only guess.

Seems that big men have a tendency to have foot and ankle problems.  

Hawks need all the help that they can get right now.  Either they continue on this winning path or they fall flat on their face.  The next two road games will tell us a lot.  First five games, four on the road.  Oh, well.  Not having fans at the games changes things a bit.

GO ATL HAWKS !!

:smug:

Slowly the earth turns.  Hawks out, injured and resting.  Some we have not watched as Hawks.  And still, somehow, Atlanta continues to win.

Big test comes tonight.  Back home and facing back to back games.  Cleveland has an explosive back court, we are told.  Well, I suppose that Atlanta does too.

We expect there will be missing pieces that make up our puzzle (team) as we press on toward the goal of making the playoffs this season.  So far, so good.  Rondo may be back.  But, Brandon looked pretty good last night.  Remember, I told you he would be an OK player before he was called up.  He is.

Agent 0017 is now doing the 3 on 3 thing.  Next, 5 on 5.  Then, finally, active roster.  We wait....

:smug:

1 hour ago, Gray Mule said:

Well, we're getting closer.  For tonight's game he's come up from "out" to "doubtful."

:sun:

Whether 00 is only 90% or less I am still so ready to see his impact on the floor. Am assuming ten or so games to begin to get the heat of battle feel for the big league. Patience is a virtual and all but it is also really difficult right now.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

My best guest for when Gwu makes his debut:

MLK Game, January 18th at home vs the Wolves.

After tonight's game on the road, we play Philly at home on Monday, then we have 3 roadies at Suns, Jazz and Blazers (another 3 games in 4 nights) before returning to The Farm.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

My best guest for when Gwu makes his debut:

MLK Game, January 18th at home vs the Wolves.

After tonight's game on the road, we play Philly at home on Monday, then we have 3 roadies at Suns, Jazz and Blazers (another 3 games in 4 nights) before returning to The Farm.

Brutal. If the Hawks can't right the ship things can go bad really fast this month. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1