• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Thoughts on Okongwu?

gsuteke

On 11/19/2020 at 7:31 AM, RedDawg#8 said:

The Big O is always going to be the legend Oscar Robertson for me.  That'd be like us calling someone "The Glide" or "Chocolate Thunder" lol

Here to say that I stand corrected on this.

"Big O" it is for the kid. Makes more sense for a F/C to be Big O than a guard. But I'm guessing Oscar was called Big O because his game made you feel that way when you saw him play hahaha! 

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Not a big fan of imposing on NBA legends... there should never ever ever be someone granted "Doctor J," nor "Magic," nor any other HoFer nickname. There's not much sacred in professional sports, but that much oughta be. It's not like there's some scarcity of creative names.

If he becomes a beast, my nomination would be King Kong.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, sturt said:

Not a big fan of imposing on NBA legends... there should never ever ever be someone granted "Doctor J," nor "Magic," nor any other HoFer nickname. There's not much sacred in professional sports, but that much oughta be. It's not like there's some scarcity of creative names.

If he becomes a beast, my nomination would be King Kong.

Dwight stole Superman from Shaq before he had even retired lol

I agree though 

3 hours ago, terrell said:

Shaq had numerous nicknames..lol

You aint lying lol 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/720325-shaquille-oneal-the-top-10-nicknames-belonging-to-the-nbas-former-big-man.amp.html

Shaq

Diesel

Superman

Shaq-tus (like Cactus, from when he was with Suns lol)

The Big Shamrock 

Shaq is a fool man.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
11 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

Damn sonhebis listed aa 6'8" now, probably not the answer we need at C, he needs to ads shooting to his game.

That's his height without shoes though. He's more like 6'9" and some change with a 7' plus wingspan. Pretty much the same as Nathan Knight. Neither are classic 7 foot centers, but that's not a big deal in today's NBA. 

1 minute ago, hawkman said:

That's his height without shoes though. He's more like 6'9" and some change with a 7' plus wingspan. Pretty much the same as Nathan Knight. Neither are classic 7 foot centers, but that's not a big deal in today's NBA. 

You know your height without shoes...is your real height. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

They aren't doing the BS heights anymore. They stopped doing those last year. Your height without shoes is your actual height. He's 6'8". 

Nice try. I'm not going back and forth with you on this. I'm disengaging. :laugh:

29 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

Damn sonhebis listed aa 6'8" now, probably not the answer we need at C, he needs to ads shooting to his game.

Miami made the Finals with a defense built around a 6'8.75 center. The dream is for Okongwu to have a similar effect. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, hawkman said:

Nice try. I'm not going back and forth with you on this. I'm disengaging. :laugh:

I dont blame you, you have a losing argument. Height is considered desirable in basketball, that's why players started exaggerating their heights in the first place. The league finally put a stop to it last year. Rightfully so, if you're 6'8" then your 6'8", youre not 6'10". No one measures themselves in platform shoes. Because see, if you did, that height would be inaccurate. 

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/nets/ny-nba-player-true-heights-without-shoes-20191018-ctfvnt2rrjgipkhkoq2dbdfwya-story.html

• Like 1