• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What's the Depth Chart Look like?

Diesel

On 12/3/2020 at 8:08 PM, TheNorthCydeRises said:

He's a bum! - Rocky Mickey | Meme Generator

. . . were the words Mickey said about Rocky, before Rocky showed him how great he was.

FACT:  Bruno posted a higher PER, WS/48, and VORP than both of our prized lottery pick wing rookies.

The only thing Bruno didn't get last year, was enough playing time to play through all of his flaws and get better with experience.  Instead, we wasted minutes on Damian Jones at the 5, and Vince Carter at the 4, instead of playing Bruno to gain him experience in a lost season.

This season may be more of the same, especially with LP letting it slip that he may play Gallinari at the 5.

We will see though.

The "bum" will have the last laugh.

Hey I hope you are right.  I just don't see it.

Just came across this:

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2020/12/kings-notes-bogdanovic-hield-griii-kaminsky-whiteside.html

After reporting earlier today that the Kings passed on a Hawks sign-and-trade offer for Bogdan Bogdanovic that would have allowed Sacramento to acquire either a lottery-protected 2022 first-round pick or two future second-rounders in exchange for the restricted free agent, Sam Amick of The Athletic has updated his story with some new intel.

As Amick explains, that Hawks offer came with caveats. Atlanta wanted Sacramento to accept Tony Snell‘s expiring $12MM+ salary and asked for an answer within an hour. Additionally, the Kings didn’t know at that point what sort of contract the Hawks were offering Bogdanovic, so they were reluctant to agree to a sign-and-trade if Atlanta’s offer was one they were comfortable matching.

The Kings asked for some of the Hawks’ young talent in a deal, but didn’t have any luck, and Atlanta ultimately took its chances by signing Bogdanovic to an offer sheet. Sacramento didn’t match it.

While The Athletic’s new information lets the Kings off the hook to some extent, Amick says there’s “strong reason” to believe that Atlanta would have done a sign-and-trade for Bogdanovic that included a draft pick even if the Kings hadn’t been willing to take on Snell’s contract. However, sources tell Amick that scenario wasn’t discussed.

For the record, I'm totally happy with the outcome of signing Bogi at 4/72.

Interesting to officially hear that TS was really trying to move Snell's expiring.  Imagine a scenario where we dumped off his 12M this year and gave the Kings a protected pick... I Imagine we would have gotten Bogi for less.  Which means TS plans was to have another 15M or so free on this year's books.  TS mentioned in the press availability that he didn't get everyone he wanted.  I wonder what his plans were for the extra cap space for if we actually did a S&T for Bogi, considering how thin the market already was at that point.

Don't mean to postulate to deeply, as again, I think this is all just part of having a good GM -- making smart value moves and keeping your options open and desirable to bring good players in.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

It’s not the best team since but it is the deepest team since the nique era when the Hawks were two to three deep at every position

Doc / Spud

Wittman / Battle

Nique / Levingston

Willis / Carr

Tree / Jon Contract 

I really wanna meet Mr and Mrs Rollins merely to ask who and why the *&^%#

Did you name your son 🌳 

• Premium Member
15 hours ago, hawkzlova123 said:

I really wanna meet Mr and Mrs Rollins merely to ask who and why the *&^%#

Did you name your son 🌳 

They'd look at you real funny and say you mean....Wayne Monte "Tree" Rollins.

Probably ended up with the knickname because you know he was really tall.😂

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
On 11/21/2020 at 6:49 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

This is my With and Without Bogdan lineups:

PG: Young, Rondo, Goodwin
SG: Reddish, Huerter, Dunn, Mays
SF: Gallinari, Hunter, Snell
PF: Collins, Skal
😄 Capela, Fernando, Okongwu

PG: Young, Rondo, Goodwin
SG: Bogdan, Huerter, Dunn, Mays
SF: Hunter, Reddish,
PF: Collins, Gallinari, Skal
😄 Capela, Fernando, Okongwu
(I've assumed Snell gets traded in SnT for Bogi)

I'm still sticking with the lineup with Bogdan (with minor tweaks with Hill and Snell):

PG: Young, Rondo/Dunn, Goodwin

SG: Bogdan, Huerter, Mays (2way)

SF: Hunter, Reddish, Snell

PF: Collins, Gallinari, Hill

😄 Capela, Fernando, Okongwu (Injury - late start), Knight (2way) 

1. With the quick start to the season, the compressed schedule - I think players minutes will top out at 30 mpg (at least to start the season)

2. I think Hunter gets the start. I personally want Cam to take control of the 2nd unit as 'the guy' - scorer, slasher, playmaking etc - he won't see the ball as much in the 1st unit. I think Rondo can help him and since Rondo doesn't need to score.

3. I think Bruno will get the opportunity to start the season as Capela's backup (Gwu is still out with the foot, an update will be given Dec 11th, the 1st game of the preseason). I think the Hawks bring him along slowly since he hasn't played in 11 months and has a playbook to learn, unless he comes out like Trae did and forces LP's hand. 

4. Rondo - I think he will have the biggest variance in minutes, some games he'll play a lot, some games he will not. Sometimes he won't play at all, he'll be load managed, and he probably won't play in back to backs. Dunn has to get healthy to get real minutes at backup PG and SG.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

They'd look at you real funny and say you mean....Wayne Monte "Tree" Rollins.

Probably ended up with the knickname because you know he was really tall.😂

I remember an old dude where I grew up who was named “Shade Tree”.  When I met him I understand.  He was about 6’8” and 300lb

• Haha 2