• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What's the Depth Chart Look like?

Diesel

On 12/9/2020 at 4:00 PM, Peoriabird said:

Bogdan sucks on 2k and Gallo isn't much better during those simulated games

2k sucks (has some catching up to do) when it comes to real players dynamic play. Trae isn't out shooting from the logo or dropping dimes on a regular. They will have to adjust once they see how we actually play and mesh together. Remember teams like the Hawks, Kings, Bulls and even the Thunder to some degree weren't necessarily teams on the radar and many players are slept on as a result.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/21/2020 at 5:54 PM, Diesel said:

So you're going to put the 61 Million dollar man on the bench?

If Capela is starting.  61 Million dollars replaces either Collins or Hunter/Cam in the Starting lineup. 

If he goes to the 3... defense suffers. 

Using that logic Chandler Parsons should've started every game he could for us. If teams didn't broadcast players salaries it would be an easy and clear decision. It's not about how much they get paid it's about oncourt production. Yes Gallo can produce but as bad as our bench was last yr he will be better suited there.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My latest guess:

1: Trae (32) - Rondo (12) - Dunn (4) - BG/Kev/Bogi (Filler)

2: Bogi (26) - Kev (22) - Cam/Dunn/Snell (Filler)

3: Dre (28) - Cam (20) - Solo/Snell (Filler)

4: JC (28) - Gallo (20) - Solo/Dre/Bruno/OO (Filler)

5: Capela (28) - Bruno (14) - OO (6) - JC/Gallo (Filler)

Between injuries/COVID, load management, DNP-CD’s, blowouts, and other missed games - Solo, BG, and Snell will statistically average 6-10mpg, OO/Rondo/Dunn 10-15, and Kev/Cam/Gallo all around 25, JC about 30, and Trae about 34.

When JC and Gallo are on the floor together, I think LP considers Gallo as the 5, strangely.  I think he views Gallo as a Jokic-lite rather than a Dirk-lite at this point.  His movement is slow but smooth and steady.

I’d like to see a similar situation that the Clips had last year, where we have both Cam and Gallo as leading candidates for 6MOY.  Also hopefully Cam is an obvious MIP candidate (although I think it’s rare for a second year lottery pick to get that award because of expectation values for young guys).

Huerter is our 8th man but still gonna be extremely valuable as our Reddick/Korver type, causing a lot of off-ball distractions for the defense.  His playmaking/ball-handling will be an added bonus for flex second unit situations where we may not run a true PG (no Trae/Rondo).  We may even see Cam as the main ball handler in some of those situations.

Bruno vs OO will be an interesting development to watch throughout the season.  I hope they help each other a lot, but there will be growing pains with depth at the 5 - and that may manifest itself down to the 4.  I hope JC doesn’t play much 5, and therefore Dre not at the 4 either - but it’s definitely still going to happen a little bit I think.  But overall I think we’re gonna see a little less small-ball across the league.  Not a drastic shift though.

I’m hoping Trae averages 25 & 10+, with TO’s around 4.  Hopefully we see our team 3P% around 37% (top 10 based on last years team stats), but even 35.5% would be a huge and realistic improvement given our volume (middle of the pack in the league).

Go Hawks!  It’s obviously way early, but I hope to see some good adjustments tonight against ORL

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, klharper said:

My latest guess:

1: Trae (32) - Rondo (12) - Dunn (4) - BG/Kev/Bogi (Filler)

2: Bogi (26) - Kev (22) - Cam/Dunn/Snell (Filler)

3: Dre (28) - Cam (20) - Solo/Snell (Filler)

4: JC (28) - Gallo (20) - Solo/Dre/Bruno/OO (Filler)

5: Capela (28) - Bruno (14) - OO (6) - JC/Gallo (Filler)

Between injuries/COVID, load management, DNP-CD’s, blowouts, and other missed games - Solo, BG, and Snell will statistically average 6-10mpg, OO/Rondo/Dunn 10-15, and Kev/Cam/Gallo all around 25, JC about 30, and Trae about 34.

When JC and Gallo are on the floor together, I think LP considers Gallo as the 5, strangely.  I think he views Gallo as a Jokic-lite rather than a Dirk-lite at this point.  His movement is slow but smooth and steady.

I’d like to see a similar situation that the Clips had last year, where we have both Cam and Gallo as leading candidates for 6MOY.  Also hopefully Cam is an obvious MIP candidate (although I think it’s rare for a second year lottery pick to get that award because of expectation values for young guys).

Huerter is our 8th man but still gonna be extremely valuable as our Reddick/Korver type, causing a lot of off-ball distractions for the defense.  His playmaking/ball-handling will be an added bonus for flex second unit situations where we may not run a true PG (no Trae/Rondo).  We may even see Cam as the main ball handler in some of those situations.

Bruno vs OO will be an interesting development to watch throughout the season.  I hope they help each other a lot, but there will be growing pains with depth at the 5 - and that may manifest itself down to the 4.  I hope JC doesn’t play much 5, and therefore Dre not at the 4 either - but it’s definitely still going to happen a little bit I think.  But overall I think we’re gonna see a little less small-ball across the league.  Not a drastic shift though.

I’m hoping Trae averages 25 & 10+, with TO’s around 4.  Hopefully we see our team 3P% around 37% (top 10 based on last years team stats), but even 35.5% would be a huge and realistic improvement given our volume (middle of the pack in the league).

Go Hawks!  It’s obviously way early, but I hope to see some good adjustments tonight against ORL

Onyeka will surpass Bruno as backup C soon enough(imo)...I kinda wish we wouldve kept Dedmon..OH well..

Edited by terrell

47 minutes ago, terrell said:

Onyeka will surpass Bruno as backup C soon enough(imo)...I kinda wish we wouldve kept Dedmon..OH well..

Yeah, our frontcourt depth may be a little cobbled together until OO is healthy and NBA-adjusted - which is probably only the last 20-30 games of the season.  Although if all our guys stay healthy, we’ll be fine.

I think TS was trying to turn Dedmon into Bogi - it didn’t quite happen that way, but we still got our guy, and having Snell’s expiring contract vs Dedmon’s two years is better for us long run.

Although I just realized DET stretch-and-waived Dedmon, and his 2021-22 wasn’t guaranteed.  But after being dealt away twice, it might be a bit weird for him to come back again haha.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Besides having an automatic jumper in 3 games, Hunter looks like the only perimeter player we have that doesn't get knocked backwards when attacking the rim. He always finishes strong and upright.

Hunter seems to have that sneaky strength like Kawhi

• Like 4

• Premium Member

Churning the end of the bench, as soon as there's confidence that Rondo and Dunn are 100%, or at least one of the two, it's time to let go of that 4th PG, and add another defensive asset.

Rondae Hollis-Jefferson was just put on waivers by MIN, He would be one target. Another, if our docs and scouts evaluated him and gave a thumbs-up, would be Andre Roberson. If the higher priority is on a big--and I'd lean that direction myself--Vonleh or Henson could be signed. And/or we could trade Snell for Dieng.

A lot of options. I just think, as deep as we think we are, we really haven't sufficiently addressed defense yet--adding Dunn and Capela notwithstanding. I know it's been attempted by some to claim Solo is a good defender, but he's really just meh. And Snell? Been doing some homework. Few current NBA players enjoy a more opposite reputation from what pretty-much all of the defensive metrics say than Tony Snell. Granted, assessing defense is more complicated than just looking at the metrics. But it's not normal that they're so one-sided, and to the side you don't want.

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

No he won't.

Not only does he have to get healthy, he has to get his conditioning up.

Hes 21..A few weeks max...

Edited by terrell

On 12/17/2020 at 3:55 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

@TheNorthCydeRises I think you called it when you said we'll be seeing a lot of Trae, Gallo, Collins to end close games.

He's going to force feed putting his most talented "offensive" players out on the floor.  That's why he's experimenting with putting Huerter at PG.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

He's going to force feed putting his most talented "offensive" players out on the floor.  That's why he's experimenting with putting Huerter at PG.

With no Rondo and no Dunn, would you prefer to see Goodwin?

• Moderators
On 12/19/2020 at 2:27 PM, sturt said:

Churning the end of the bench, as soon as there's confidence that Rondo and Dunn are 100%, or at least one of the two, it's time to let go of that 4th PG, and add another defensive asset.

Rondae Hollis-Jefferson was just put on waivers by MIN, He would be one target. Another, if our docs and scouts evaluated him and gave a thumbs-up, would be Andre Roberson. If the higher priority is on a big--and I'd lean that direction myself--Vonleh or Henson could be signed. And/or we could trade Snell for Dieng.

A lot of options. I just think, as deep as we think we are, we really haven't sufficiently addressed defense yet--adding Dunn and Capela notwithstanding. I know it's been attempted by some to claim Solo is a good defender, but he's really just meh. And Snell? Been doing some homework. Few current NBA players enjoy a more opposite reputation from what pretty-much all of the defensive metrics say than Tony Snell. Granted, assessing defense is more complicated than just looking at the metrics. But it's not normal that they're so one-sided, and to the side you don't want.

On Snell, I'm looking at it from the perspective that I'm hoping he can be a solid rotation wing.  I don't think he has ever been a defensive beast but last season he was seen by his coaches as the best his team had (that is a black mark against that squad) and required to mark the best opposing wing.  On our squad, he should be coming off the bench and get much better matchups than he was allowed to have in Detroit because Cam, Hunter, BB, etc. are better defenders than the alternatives in the Motor City.  So I don't expect him to be a defensive star for us but I'm hopeful that he can bring some veteran structure and excel in a limited bench role.  If he can do that while hitting 40% on his 3's (as he has done his last 4 years) then that will have value.

• Like 3