• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks DID SIGN BB (Bogdan Bogdanović) 4 years $72 million. (UPDATE)

marco102

5 minutes ago, JTB said:

Buddy could go to the Hornets but I think mj would rather go after Westbrick if that’s still possible ...maybe even wall.

I mean they have player with a similar style like Buddy in Graham who’s much cheaper 

Who will Charolette trade in that trade to get Buddy? The Kings will have to take back salary and they don't have much cap space.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

If the Kangz match, would you take Buddy Heild for a future first?

Can Buddy promise for sure he’s going to try defensively????

we already have to cover Trae and his non efforts defensively (hopefully that changes) but due to defensive efforts and the fact that he isn’t a playmaker for others nah I would pass 

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

Who will Charolette trade in that trade to get Buddy? The Kings will have to take back salary and they don't have much cap space.

🤷🏾‍♂️

I thought Charlotte had some expiring contracts.

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, JTB said:

Can Buddy promise for sure he’s going to try defensively????

we already have to cover Trae and his non efforts defensively (hopefully that changes) but due to defensive efforts and the fact that he isn’t a playmaker for others nah I would pass 

🤷🏾‍♂️

That's crazy.  Heild is better than BB.  BB is not a defensive player... not close. 

Hield made more 3-pointers than any player in NBA history over his first four seasons.

1 minute ago, cam1218 said:

Well, we are halfway home folks! It'd be nice if we got some news today. 

If SacTown matches... it will be in the 47th hour. 

9 minutes ago, Diesel said:

That's crazy.  Heild is better than BB.  BB is not a defensive player... not close. 

Hield made more 3-pointers than any player in NBA history over his first four seasons.

If SacTown matches... it will be in the 47th hour. 

BB is a better defensive player than Hield.  He's a better SCORER, rebounder, and playmaker AND he'll cost about $6 million dollars less.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

What's Thadd got to do with this?  He doesn't even get enough numbers for them to be empty.

Andre Drummmmmn'd should be on your list, btw.  It galls me that people think he's a good defender based off stupid a** defensive "metrics".  Newsflash people, if the metric includes defensive rebounding, it's gonna make it look like he's a good defender even though he's not.

All of the guys I mentioned were tweener forwards without a devastating 3pt game or an appreciable defensive impact who I thought derived their value primarily from PPG and ended up overpaid.  His $14M per isn't as egregious but is still too much for me.  Add Jeff Green and his $15M deal from Orlando for another example of what I'm thinking about.  All these guys are earning probably 150% or so of their actual value, imo.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, mrhonline said:

And 100% accurate, too.

The Bogdan situation is forcing the Kings to decide what direction they want to go in. If they match, then they need to up the ante significantly. If the decline, then they should try to move Hield and/or Barnes ASAP.

Yup, but what is the market for Hield and Barnes at their current contracts? I like our chances at them declining to match, but ya know it's the Kings so who knows?

1 hour ago, marco102 said:

BB is a better defensive player than Hield.  He's a better SCORER, rebounder, and playmaker AND he'll cost about $6 million dollars less.

Bogi is a better defensive player, rebounder, and playmaker than Hield but he's not a better scorer. Hield is one of the best shooter + scorer role players in the NBA. The issue with Hield is, he needs to be a better defender so he can be in a team's starting lineup. As of right now, Luke got him right. He's a high end 6th man. Good luck trying to trade him with that contract, LMAO! Bogi is clearly a better get for anyone including SAC but is he worth it is the question here. Honestly, he is an overpay right now but not by much but with that trade, he will be a major overpay like Hield. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Bogi is a better defensive player, rebounder, and playmaker than Hield but he's not a better scorer. Hield is one of the best shooter + scorer role players in the NBA. The issue with Hield is, he needs to be a better defender so he can be in a team's starting lineup. As of right now, Luke got him right. He's a high end 6th man. Good luck trying to trade him with that contract, LMAO! Bogi is clearly a better get for anyone including SAC but is he worth it is the question here. Honestly, he is an overpay right now but not by much but with that trade, he will be a major overpay like Hield. 

Buddy Heild can't really dribble.  A scorer to me can dribble to get their shots. They may not be as efficient as a good shooter, but they know how to get to their spots to get their shots off and convert at a  decent clip. 

Buddy Heild is def a better pure shooter, but I won't say he's a better scorer. Just my opinion though.

Edited by marco102
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Buddy Heild can't really dribble.  A scorer to me can dribble to get their shots. They may not be as efficient as a good shooter, but they know how to get to their spots to get their shots off and convert at a  decent clip. 

Buddy Heild is def a better pure shooter, but I won't say he's a better scorer. Just my opinion though.

A scorer to me scores points at a high clip. Klay can't really dribble either, are you saying he's not a scorer? I think he's an elite shooter who is a very good scorer. Bogi is a solid scorer and a good overall offensive player. I think both are good offensive players but Buddy has more value on the open market. Elite shooter when attached with volume is menacing. The issue is, Divac dumbass gave him a contract where he's vastly overpaid.

What's crazy is, if they just would have waited till FA, he would have got a similar offer as Bogi. That would have been reasonable but they overestimated Hield because his market is just much stronger than Bogi was at that time but now, they are equals and LOL.  

3 minutes ago, mrhonline said:

Ease your mind. They were waiting all 48 hours regardless. Standard practice.

Tomorrow at 11AM EST right? 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

A scorer to me scores points at a high clip. Klay can't really dribble either, are you saying he's not a scorer? I think he's an elite shooter who is a very good scorer. Bogi is a solid scorer and a good overall offensive player. I think both are good offensive players but Buddy has more value on the open market. Elite shooter when attached with volume is menacing. The issue is, Divac dumbass gave him a contract where he's vastly overpaid. 

Tomorrow at 11AM EST right? 

Buddy Hield isn't Klay Thompson. However, I believe again, team construction matters.  Would Klay be such a great shooter/scorer without the team he's on?  To me, a scorer can go to any team without a system and get buckets  I think it'll be easier to shut Klay down if he's the court with four non shooters and no ball handlers.  You can put Trae Young on that same team and he'll figure out a way to score.  I feel Trae Young is a better scorer even though Klay is a better shooter,  for now. 

BTW, I'm not saying great shooters can't be great scorers.  Prime examples KD and Steph.  They are both. LBJ is a great scorer to me and not a great shooter.

I might want to be clearer.  Buddy's skillset would not have the same impact as BB's on the Hawks team. I feel like the overall game of BB will be much more valuable on the Hawks.  I also think BB will be a better scorer on the Hawks than Heild. 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Buddy Hield isn't Klay Thompson. However, I believe again, team construction matters.  Would Klay be such a great shooter/scorer without the team he's on?  To me, a scorer can go to any team without a system and get buckets  

This feels like a distinction without a difference.  Hield is a 20ppg guy on a team with much less talent and with much less positive structure than GS.  I'd call that a scorer myself but if we are using different words to describe someone who is going to score around 20 given the minutes regardless of team than I don't think it matters what word we are using.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AHF said:

This feels like a distinction without a difference.  Hield is a 20ppg guy on a team with much less talent and with much less positive structure than GS.  I'd call that a scorer myself but if we are using different words to describe someone who is going to score around 20 given the minutes regardless of team than I don't think it matters what word we are using.

I'm not. I'm saying there's a differnce between someone who's a great shooter and a scorer.  I guess I'm not making my point clearly. Like Trae Young's raw stats won't look as good as a Hield or Thompson, but when you account for his three level scoring, free throw attempts, and  ball handling. He's a much better offensive player. 

A shooter to me is super efficient, but can't do much more than shoot.  A scorer can shoot, dribble, and get shots off without much other help.  Their raw efficency will not look as good as a pure shooter is all I'm saying.  I'm not saying Buddy Heild can't score, but the way he scores is much more limited.

I think finally I found my point.  BB has a much more varied offensive skillset than Hield and that fits the Hawks better than Buddy in my opinion.

Edited by marco102

6 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Buddy Hield isn't Klay Thompson. However, I believe again, team construction matters.  Would Klay be such a great shooter/scorer without the team he's on?  To me, a scorer can go to any team without a system and get buckets  I think it'll be easier to shut Klay down if he's the court with four non shooters and no ball handlers.  You can put Trae Young on that same team and he'll figure out a way to score.  I feel Trae Young is a better scorer even though Klay is a better shooter,  for now. 

BTW, I'm not saying great shooters can't be great scorers.  Prime examples KD and Steph.  They are both. LBJ is a great scorer to me and not a great shooter.

I might want to be clearer.  Buddy's skillset would not have the same impact as BB's on the Hawks team. I feel like the overall game of BB will be much more valuable on the Hawks.  I also think BB will be a better scorer on the Hawks than Heild. 

I do think Klay is a scorer+shooter regardless of his team. His effectiveness is what you are trying to convey would be different but he would be an elite shooter and scorer. I don't think it's easy to guard Klay. It's not easy to guard Buddy and while Buddy isn't Klay, Buddy isn't that far offensively speaking. Defensively is where they massively differ. Offensively, both have tremendous value within their prototype. In fact, one has a question, is Cam Reddish also a part of that prototype. We will see: 

https://www.thestepien.com/2018/12/12/draft-notes-shittu-reddish-little-mirror-seasons/

Trae is a much better scorer than Klay or Buddy. That's because he has so many weapons on offense, it opens up a lot of things he can do. You can go back and fore on if you think Klay is a better shooter than Steph but Steph's shot versatility, ball handling, range, agility, opens so much up for him. I don't know where this convo is going right now? 

I think Buddy would be a major impact offensively, more than even Bogi but defensively, we see Kevin and we know that having another bad defender around Trae just doesn't work. Bogi is at least average if used correctly. I feel more confident in that considering we got Cam and Capela on that end. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, mrhonline said:

Ease your mind. They were waiting all 48 hours regardless. Standard practice.

I would think the more time goes by the less likely they are to match. I mean, if you want to match you just match right away right? What do you get for waiting, outside of tying up the Hawks cap room for 48 hours. 

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I do think Klay is a scorer+shooter regardless of his team. His effectiveness is what you are trying to convey would be different but he would be an elite shooter and scorer. I don't think it's easy to guard Klay. It's not easy to guard Buddy and while Buddy isn't Klay, Buddy isn't that far offensively speaking. Defensively is where they massively differ. Offensively, both have tremendous value within their prototype. In fact, one has a question, is Cam Reddish also a part of that prototype. We will see: 

https://www.thestepien.com/2018/12/12/draft-notes-shittu-reddish-little-mirror-seasons/

Trae is a much better scorer than Klay or Buddy. That's because he has so many weapons on offense, it opens up a lot of things he can do. You can go back and fore on if you think Klay is a better shooter than Steph but Steph's shot versatility, ball handling, range, agility, opens so much up for him. I don't know where this convo is going right now? 

I think Buddy would be a major impact offensively, more than even Bogi but defensively, we see Kevin and we know that having another bad defender around Trae just doesn't work. Bogi is at least average if used correctly. I feel more confident in that considering we got Cam and Capela on that end. 

Yeah, I finally got my point accross in my post to AHF.  I believe that BB has a better offensive skillset than Buddy and that'll fit what the Hawks need much better.   They need a player with better handles that can move Trae off ball a little and still be able to shoot at a decent clip.  I don't see Trae ever being off ball with Heild. 

When I say scorer it's my bad representation of someone being able to ball handle, playmake, draw fouls, and shoot decently.  A shooter to me is someone who shoots really effieciently and although they may score, can't do the other things at a high clip. 

• Like 3