• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Wow!

Alex

4 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

I bet $20 on the Heat to win last night yet was unsure if we’d beat the Bulls.

I’d appreciate it if the entire Hawksquawk Collective gave me a virtual open handed pimp slap with the powder.  Or hell I’d accept a real life slap if you’re near West Atlanta.

I too thought I was convinced Trae couldn’t make winning impact team plays.  If he out this bih saving loose balls (and making corner threes off em) and getting deflections whilst dropping a casual 37 I don’t even know what the f&@k to do.  

The bandwagon is gonna need a trailer and an extra deck.

Amen brother!  It was the most casual 37 point game you'll ever see.  

17 minutes ago, Alex said:

I was openly against Trae Young when he was drafted and into his first season.  I wanted Doncic and while I think he may be an MVP before too long, Trae was brilliant last night.  I don’t watch the Hawks often, but I did last night and I was impressed!  I know it’s a single game against bad team, but Trae was dominant.  He’s a special player and I was totally wrong about him.  
My dinner for Christmas is some southern fried crow!

I've openly admitted I was the maddest of maddest fans when we drafted Trae and wanted Luka.  I didn't really know his passing was that special.   Two days after watching his scouting reports, I felt a ton better. I became a Stan when he dropped 36 on Cleveland in his second or third game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EazyRoc said:

I just want to take a moment, for the 6th time, to remind everyone that Trae was my guy all along. 🤣

I remember this! Also, no shot at that guy in Dallas, but he isn't in the best of shape.  Trae seems like he stays hungry to improve himself.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

I was so ANNOYED draft night when the rumors started floating around about the trade swapping 3 for 5 and Baze for Wesley Matthews to get rid of Baze's 2 years. 

I felt a little better when it became a top 5 pick wanted it to be top 3 though, we barely got that pick -  Welcome Cam Reddish.

But let me tell you, opening night at State Farm, Trae vs Luka, Trae was struggling, the other guy couldn't miss....i was sitting in my seat fuming. Then with about 4 minutes left in the game - I saw it with my own eyes.... he was special down the stretch in that 1st home game.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

I just want to take a moment, for the 6th time, to remind everyone that Trae was my guy all along. 🤣

There were a few of us that wanted Trae all along. He made Oklahoma games must see TV for me. He had that "it" factor that made me believe his game would translate to the NBA. Although I was ecstatic to get "my guy", I understand the anger after the trade. We traded down, traded Luka who would've been a nice fit on the roster at the time, and traded for a PG when we already had a starting caliber PG under contract in Schröder.  But that trade worked out beautifully. I'm taking the combination of Trae and Cam over the other guy all day, every day.  People have a tendency to gloss over Cam in that trade, but the kid's gonna be a 2 way All Star.

• Like 4

I wanted Luka leading up to the draft but once they drafted Trae I was all in.  His passing was elite and I figured if nothing else he could be an elite distributor.  Never imagined he could turn into what he is today so quickly.  

I'm not sure I've EVER seen a more effortless and expedient trip to 37 points in my life.  He wasn't taking over the game, he just didn't miss and played within the team.  Then we look up and he's at 37 in 26 min on 12 shots.  Special.  

EDIT:  As an aside......the leader for the MVP this year went 32 pts on 26 shots and was 0-fer from 3 pt land in a losing effort.  Is he now going to get the "empty stats" moniker that Trae has lived with the last 2 years?  I'm not bitter or anything.  

Edited by REHawksFan
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2